Keratin Treatment Support Thread

Hey Kiya!!! I know that you read every page of this thread. I did too when researching. It's a lot to take in but all the answers are in this thread.

I can recommend Rejunvenol and Lasio One Day. I have tried both and like both. I bought Rejunveol and have used it since April 2009 ( a couple of times at the salon & several times on my own). I tried Marcia T (stylist did it for me), chocolate, and found it too heavy and painful on the eyes. It smelled of chocolate, yes, but it was chocolate scented chemicals.

My next treatment will be Lasio One Day, probably later this month. Lasio is VERY light, it looks like pink water. Rejuvenol is creamier and Marcia T is thick, it left a coating on my hair that I did not like at all.

Thanks naturalmane - where do you buy your BKT's from?

Oh, yeah, that reminds me!

I was considering putting the BKT into one of those pump spray bottles to reduce the amount of BKT I use - has anyone else tried that?

Also, I was considering letting my hair air-dry after applying the BKT, rather than blow-drying it (esp. considering the fact that I don't own one :look: ) Has anyone else tried that, or have any reason it might not work? I'm trying to TOTALLY minimize the amount of heat I use.

Lasio is on sale in a few places: Locally in NYC at Hair Town aka Beauty of New York Lasio products :: Beautyofnewyork.com

Lasio One Day is $275 minimum at the Lasio Salon here in NYC. http://lasiostudios.com/511/Services_/_Prices

I got the Rejuvenol from ebay

Lasio is applied in a spray bottle, but it is super thin and would not clog a spray bottle.

For creamy BKT, I would not air dry. The air dried hair will become a bit "sticky" as the BKT dries and when you try to comb through your dry hair to flat iron, you will lose strands. Don't ask me how I know :-(

Last edited:
Wow, and the Lasio is crazy cheap, too!!! :scratchch Hrmmmmm. Choices, choices!! You think I could air-dry with the Lasio, since it's so watery?

I've only used Lasio at the salon, never on my own, so I cannot say it will work to air dry.

I would guess yes though, given the consistency which I do not recall being "sticky" at all.
My hair was super "flowy" after using Lasio 1 Day. I had hair blowing into my mouth as I walked around in NYC.

My hair had more weight to it after Rejuvenol and Marcia T. It was a more controlled "swang" when using a heavier treatment.

I took a ton of photos: Lasio Brazilian hair Straightening at Fryzura - 66 weeks & 1 day post album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Great results!!! Thanks for the pics.

My GLOB BKT results, PART 3--Dry hair and the morning after...

Drying. Next pics show 50, 75, and 90% dry, respectively
IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

100% dry (I left the conditioner on)
IMG_3968.jpg

I really tried not to disturb my hair while drying but you can tell I was playing in there:look: :grin:

IMG_3970.jpg

The morning after, before styling...

IMG_3973.jpg

Since I've overlapped treatments some areas are a bit overprocessed (straighter) and my hair looks sort of texlaxed when dry. This is not a bad thing for me. But thought some of you might want to know. I'm planning on avoiding the ends next time...

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

There's a few more pics coming up, Stay tuned...

I just found QOD Gold on ebay for $82 bucks for a 4oz set. I think you can get 2-3 times out of that depending on your length for only $82. tell me im right. I dont think it's just the shampoo right?

Original QOD GOLD Brazilian Keratin Treatment 8oz kit - eBay (item 220656088505 end time Oct-16-10 15:59:55 PDT)

That's exactly the one I was looking at! If you do get it, when were you planning on using it? :lol: Looking for someone to try it from that vendor before me. ;)

That's exactly the one I was looking at! If you do get it, when were you planning on using it? :lol: Looking for someone to try it from that vendor before me. ;)

i dont know. ill probably buy it tomorrow. and when it comes ill probably do it the weekend after this coming one.

*happydance* The flat iron came today! It's pretty sweet looking, too. I like that it's a professional appliance, too. I'm going to play with it (with a friends help) this weekend.

Okay, I bought my QOD Gold for$82 on ebay. im going to buy my flat iron tomorrow. But before I bought my QOD Gold or max or red, I wanted to know what the difference was. so i went to google and I found this site that told me the difference

"QOD MAX and QOD RED share similar formulations and results, however they differ in aroma. MAX is based upon organic Theobroma Cocoa, while RED is infused with Strawberry Fragaria essence. They both feature the rich conditioning and volume-reduction that QOD Brazilian Keratin products are famous for.

QOD GOLD is the highest-quality Brazilian Keratin product available. QOD GOLD uses 24-karat gold nano-particles as a potent catalyst to the process, producing a lasting level of conditioning and brilliance that no other product can match. Interestingly, while luxury-quality QOD GOLD has a higher price point per litre, it requires less formula per application. This means that the overall cost of use is the same as, or less than, medium or low grade brands. It is the highest-end keratin treatment that exists – but remains surprisingly economical.

You may notice that, due to GOLD’s international popularity, there are now countless keratin brands that claim to contain “gold nano-particles”. Simply adding minute amounts of gold to a formula will NOT increase a products efficacy. Only QOD COSMETIC has the advanced technical facilities required to properly process gold into a state in which it can effectively synthesize with the rest of the formula."

So my QOD should be here by friday. But I wonder how it will smell?? because red smells like straw berries, max smells like chocolate, but they didnt say what gold smelled like. just that it worked better.

I swear by the keratin treatment it really works better than anything I've ever tried & most people think I was, oddly enough, born with naturally straight hair when I do do it. I don't have a brand that I specifically use but am now doing my research on the best ones as well.

I swear by the keratin treatment it really works better than anything I've ever tried & most people think I was, oddly enough, born with naturally straight hair when I do do it. I don't have a brand that I specifically use but am now doing my research on the best ones as well.
I'll let you know how the QOD Gold comes out. Now do you use it with a texturizer or relaxer?

I am not officially a BKTer but I joined the group anyhow (I'm only on page 84/post #1661 :ohwell:) As you can see it will take me a while to get caught up.

I'm scheduled to get my Global Keratin Treatment (prob 2%) on Thursday evening - I'm pretty excited after reading about your progress, setbacks, experiences, suggestions etc. I'm going to a salon but I'll probably do my own follow up treatments. Thanks for everything.

Only 105 more pages to go - whew!:lachen:

I am not officially a BKTer but I joined the group anyhow (I'm only on page 84/post #1661 :ohwell:) As you can see it will take me a while to get caught up.

I'm scheduled to get my Global Keratin Treatment (prob 2%) on Thursday evening - I'm pretty excited after reading about your progress, setbacks, experiences, suggestions etc. I'm going to a salon but I'll probably do my own follow up treatments. Thanks for everything.

Only 105 more pages to go - whew!:lachen:
I ain't readin all that!!!

I just bought some hairone teatree oil shampoo, i need t find a conditoner. And I got a cortex plantnum series flat iron thatgoes up to 450 degrees in giraffee print. so im ready to do the dang thing. im just hoping my stuff gets here before this week is over so i can do it over the weekend!

I am about to rinse out my DC...see how my hair feels and if all is well, I am BKTing tonight...

(yeah, I know I said this before. I'm for real this time...assuming my hair feels moisturized.)

and I am DONE!

It looks nice right now, but honestly my flat irons always do. I am hoping for 1) no heat damage 2) hair that can easily be co-washed and bunned 3) RETENTION.

I will wait until the wash to rave.

DCd before, clarified 2x w/ ORS, I skipped the naked blow dry...applied QOD gold on damp hair...blow dried using the tension method...used my original chi (370 degrees). If it didn't bake in with that...oh well.

See you ladies in two days.

(about my hair...I am b/w APL and BSL, fine-medium strands, medium-thick density, 4a/3c curls, 27 months post)

Last edited:
Ok ladies, im going to give the BKT another try, i did it once and it was nice but i had some serious breakage i dont know if that was because i wasnt taking care of my hair or what, but im going to give this another try... can someone please give me the exact instructions on how to apply it, like step by step. TIA

and I am DONE!

It looks nice right now, but honestly my flat irons always do. I am hoping for 1) no heat damage 2) hair that can easily be co-washed and bunned 3) RETENTION.

I will wait until the wash to rave.

DCd before, clarified 2x w/ ORS, I skipped the naked blow dry...applied QOD gold on damp hair...used my original chi (370 degrees). If it didn't bake in with that...oh well.

See you ladies in two days.

(about my hair...I am b/w APL and BSL, fine-medium strands, medium-thick density, 4a/3c curls, 27 months post)

Please tell me you blow dried your hair fully before flat ironing?

One lady said she didnt blow dry her hair all the way and a few days later it seemed like her hair strands "exploded" IDK what she meant by exploded. But her hair was thinner in the after pic.

Ok ladies, im going to give the BKT another try, i did it once and it was nice but i had some serious breakage i dont know if that was because i wasnt taking care of my hair or what, but im going to give this another try... can someone please give me the exact instructions on how to apply it, like step by step. TIA

1.clarify clarify clarify
2. blow dry your hair
3. apply bkt, dont over saturate, but make sure it's even from scalp to ends.
4. Blow dry completely. like no moisture at all.
5. use an iron at 450 degrees and take your hair in small sections by sections and flat iron it out. it says to do like 6-7 passes each time.
6. dont wash your hair for the probationary period your bkt gives you. then make sure u use sulfate free products. (there are links somewhere on this thread about it. but i use hairone from sallys.)

Today's the big day - YAY!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I did my henna last Friday (I lost every coil I thought I had) :perplexed sooooo I washed and conditioned on Monday then co-washed and DC overnight last night. This morning I wet my hair a little and put a little castor oil on to seal in the moisture - my coils are back - hallelujah!!!

I am wearing a puff with my hair full of Giovanni's Smooth as Silk deep condish. I go in this afternoon. My camera is in the car (I'll be documenting the entire process thank you very much) - I am sooooo excited :grin::grin::grin:

My only concern at this point is how in the heck is my hair gonna look for the next 2 days before I wash it out (I'm getting the Global Keratin) - I don't mind work tomorrow but I have something important to do on Saturday night. I'll be casual but I would still like to be on point:blush:. Any suggestions?

I think I'll buy their keratin aftercare products since I don't know what the heck I'm doin. Don't want to jeopardize the result cuz I'm doin my own thang - I need to be able to fuss at somebody if sumthin goes wrong (please Lord noooo :nono:)

Also - I'd love to continue to use my beloved KimmayTube inspired leave in but I'll have to check the ingredients for to ensure there is no sodium chloride in anything. Any suggestions just in case that leave in is no-go? Yes Sheba1 you got me wantin that whale sperm condish but not as a leave in I suppose - OMGee!

Finally - let me just say - I am soooooo anxious, can't believe the big day has finally come! Can't wait! :bouncy: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - I leave in 15 mins - I am almost delirious!

:roadrunner:

Last edited:
I'll be waiting!! Are you gonna post pictures? What's the details on your current siggy picture?

Please tell me you blow dried your hair fully before flat ironing?

One lady said she didnt blow dry her hair all the way and a few days later it seemed like her hair strands "exploded" IDK what she meant by exploded. But her hair was thinner in the after pic.

Just realized I didn't type that step. Yes, I did the tension blow dry after the treatment was applied.

My hair in the avi was about 20 months post. I had a sew-in. That is my leave out. I will post photos. My SO said my hair looks like a weave...lol.

Last edited:
Back