Keratin Treatment Support Thread

I finally BKT'd with QOD Gold and I loved it! I'm going to try to do it once a month until I reach my desired texture and then cut back to every 3 months.
Here's my thread on that:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=474860&highlight

I'm also going to do my friends hair with DH, since I have some that I don't want. She got it done "professionally" and it didn't come out great, but she liked mine and agreed to let me do it next time! I'm so excited to do it for someone else!

As I mentioned a few threads back, I did my BKT after 4 months (my longest stretch)- and full reversion- this is now 1 year since I started BKT-ing. I have pics on my phone:look: I made decent progress from barely neck length to between SL to APL, I believe I'm on course for my goal of full APL by Dec.

I intend to BKT again in the next 2 weeks after I colour, I don't think I'll let more than 6 weeks pass between treatments

I did my friend's (relaxed 4ab) a few days ago with Global, her first wash should be today we'll see how that goes...

I have a couple of questions, from what I have read Marcia T Advanced gets hair even straighter than Softliss. Is this correct? My other question is where do one purchase Marcia T? From Ebay? If so, which seller have you been using?

I finally BKT'd with QOD Gold and I loved it! I'm going to try to do it once a month until I reach my desired texture and then cut back to every 3 months.
Here's my thread on that:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=474860&highlight

I'm also going to do my friends hair with DH, since I have some that I don't want. She got it done "professionally" and it didn't come out great, but she liked mine and agreed to let me do it next time! I'm so excited to do it for someone else!

I did my friend's hair with DH about 6 weeks ago, and she loved it! And it is waaaay easier to do someone else's hair, IMHO. Good luck. I'm debating between buying QOD or MT Advanced right now...or maybe Rejuvenol. Decisions, decisions..:spinning:

I have a couple of questions, from what I have read Marcia T Advanced gets hair even straighter than Softliss. Is this correct? My other question is where do one purchase Marcia T? From Ebay? If so, which seller have you been using?

Well, it's been 2 weeks, and my hair is basically laughing at Dre@mH@air. :lol: My roots puff up almost every time I take a shower, so I've been forced to flat iron in order for my leave-out to blend in with my weave. :(

My Marcia Teixeira Advanced should arrive tomorrow, so my stylist will apply it on Friday, and then my hair will be STRAIGHT!

One thing I forgot to mention in my DH/MT comparison is that I've suffered zero breakage with DH, even though I did more passes with the flat iron during the application. I noticed a handful of split ends, but that's about it. With my first BKT with MT Advanced, I had awful damage to my ends. I'm not sure if this is because DH offers more protection, or if my ends are strengthened because MT was previously applied to them.

Wow, Brittany's hair is really thriving. Way to go, Girlfriend! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFJ-48KNM4&playnext_from=TL&videos=Pt59Y8h4YBI&feature=sub

ETA: Braidout is hawt, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRbKAoWccY

I just love the way you can get that "braidout on relaxed hair" look with BKT when you're a natural.

OMG and Cutenss! :notworthy Now you already know... :lick: :drunk:

:kiss: Thank you. How is you HJ coming along? Well I hope. :yep: I miss talking to my friend. We must chat soon.

Well, it's been 2 weeks, and my hair is basically laughing at Dre@mH@air. :lol: My roots puff up almost every time I take a shower, so I've been forced to flat iron in order for my leave-out to blend in with my weave. :(

My Marcia Teixeira Advanced should arrive tomorrow, so my stylist will apply it on Friday, and then my hair will be STRAIGHT!

One thing I forgot to mention in my DH/MT comparison is that I've suffered zero breakage with DH, even though I did more passes with the flat iron during the application. I noticed a handful of split ends, but that's about it. With my first BKT with MT Advanced, I had awful damage to my ends. I'm not sure if this is because DH offers more protection, or if my ends are strengthened because MT was previously applied to them.

So, the last time you used Marcia T advanced your hair was straight? Are you natural or relaxed?

I had my stylist apply Marcia Teixeira Advanced to my weave horseshoe today, and it looks beautiful! It got very straight, and blends FLAWLESSLY with the weave hair. I'm very pleased. :grin:

We did 4 passes with my Hana Elite iron on 430 degrees, and rinsed immediately after the flat iron. I don't see any new split ends, either! (I got a ton of splits with my first MT treatment). I think the difference is because I used a better quality iron, lower heat, and my hair is strengthened from my two previous BKTs.

I'm kicking myself for letting hubby take my camera on vacation this weekend. :( I really want to post a photo of my results!

UPDATE:
It's been 5 weeks and 4 days since my last relaxer (I did a BKT shortly afterwards) and about a week and a half since my last BKT with QOD Max using my BaByliss Nano Titanium. (I will be BKTing once a month in an effort to stretch my relaxers to 3- or possibly 4- months.)

I pre-poo'd with coconut oil then worked out for 1 hour. Then I washed (365 Everyday Shea Lavender Moisturizing 'poo) and used my Aussie Moist. I'm trying to use products up, so I busted out my Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner and then topped that with the remaining Ouidad Humidity Gel. Then I slicked my hair back, put a cloth headband on to lay my crown flat and put two French braids in the back. I oiled my ends.

Normally when I braid my hair like this, I coax the ends to curl around my finger as it dries, and it will dry in a coil about the size of my pinky finger.

Today, I had to FIGHT to get even a wave, as the ends really wanted to dry straight. They are dry now, and there's *just* a wave. I'm cracking up laughing, because I was *pissed* that they wouldn't curl.

I'm SUPER curious to see how the braids dry. I will try & post a pic when they do (I have a crappy phone camera).

BKTers, how are YOUR air drying methods different b/c of the BKT?

I'm really, really hoping that I can continue to air dry successfully. I've been abusing my hair for SO LONG with heat, and I want to be liberated from that (insert cuss here) blowdryer! :)

Last edited:
My air drying method is the same pre and post BKT. I dry my hair in 4 - 6 plaits. I wear my hair curly most of the time and straighten only to apply the BKT.

I still have some QOD gold left.. a little over 4 oz. I think I'm gonna give QOD another try. I analyzed the way I did my first attempt. I deep conditioner and it was not so good. I then used the qod shampoo. I air dried my hair, then applied the keratin treatment. I think I didn't let it dry enough and I should have blow dried my hair more after wards. Today, I'm more well armed. I have better deep conditioner, better brushes for the blow drying part. At the time of my 1st application, I assumed the flat iron did all the straightening. I now realize the blow drying also plays a part in helping to straightening the hair.I think I didn't apply enough of the keratin in some part of my hair hair I didn't use enough keratin. I also noticed the parts of my hair that where more moisturized, the front off my hair( I always slick my hair back in a bun) was much more straight and receptive to the keratin. The back no so much. I will give it another go, and I will order Marcia T advance Chocolate in a month from now , takes 10 business days for me to get it...so I'm looking at least another 6 weeks. Wish me luck!

Can someone PM me or post in the thread the best place for me to purchase the Marcia T advance Chocolate?? I'm just about ready to do the BKT thing again.

ETA: I see the 16 oz bottle on sale on Amazon.com and Ebay, I would like a smaller size to try before I invest in the larger bottle.

Last edited:
i too searched ebay for the marcia chocolate, and i ended up googling, and found some place in canada, lol. every other site was out of stock. i paid $75.91 17 and some change for shipping! bought it on the 15th, and even DF is like "that stuff ain't here yet?"
i'm at work so i don't have the link, but i'll make a reminder to post it when i get home.

ok, i looked at my emailed receipt.
Marcia Teixeira Brazilian CHOCOLATE Extreme De-Frizzing Treatment- 62.50 for 4oz, $13.41 for shipping to texas

Last edited:
Hi, ladies. I've read so many BKT posts trying to figure out which brand is the best to purchase. I've had approx 4 treatments in the past year all professionally done. My first was Coppella and I liked it. The next three were some brand I can't remember the name of that is used in the Dominican salons I go to here in NJ. They were good too but I'm concerned about the formaldehide content (not sure how much but its pretty fumey).

I'm leaning towards MT based on all the good reviews. I'm not sure whether to purchase the chocolate 3-day or the advanced 1-day. Has anyone tried both? Can u give me a comparison of the two? I don't mind having the product in for 3-5 days. I'm used to it. However being able to wash after only one day would be awesome IF the results are the same and treatment lasts as long.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Info from an email I received:

• Global keratin 4% is effective on 4a/4b hair.
  • Marcia Teixeira Chocolate is effective on 4a/4b hair.
  • Marcia Teixeira Advanced Treatment is a 24 hour formula and has the greatest straightening ability of the 3 formulas I have available. It also has the shortest duration of effectiveness.
Hi, ladies. I've read so many BKT posts trying to figure out which brand is the best to purchase. I've had approx 4 treatments in the past year all professionally done. My first was Coppella and I liked it. The next three were some brand I can't remember the name of that is used in the Dominican salons I go to here in NJ. They were good too but I'm concerned about the formaldehide content (not sure how much but its pretty fumey).

I'm leaning towards MT based on all the good reviews. I'm not sure whether to purchase the chocolate 3-day or the advanced 1-day. Has anyone tried both? Can u give me a comparison of the two? I don't mind having the product in for 3-5 days. I'm used to it. However being able to wash after only one day would be awesome IF the results are the same and treatment lasts as long.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

my marcia came in yesterday! future hubs got the mail before i did, and wrote "thank you Jesus" on the box :lachen: he needs to stop it already!. i'll be applying it tonight since i'm off tomorrow

natural mane, what do you mean marcia advanced has the shortest effectiveness? it wears off faster? do you think global gets hair straighter than qod gold?

my marcia came in yesterday! future hubs got the mail before i did, and wrote "thank you Jesus" on the box :lachen: he needs to stop it already!. i'll be applying it tonight since i'm off tomorrow

natural mane, what do you mean marcia advanced has the shortest effectiveness? it wears off faster? do you think global gets hair straighter than qod gold?

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: That's funny! Please tell us how it comes out and with pictures! :)

BKT is saving my hair and transition. I'm lucky in that my father's best friend is a hairstylist (I had forgotten about that), and does BKT with Agi Max. For me, this product is fantastic, and I get a great discount. The results are in my avatar. My hair looks a lot thicker, and apart from this avy pic, is much healthier looking and shiny.

Here's Agi Max:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/102555097/AGI_MAX_Brazilian_KERATIN_HAIR_STRAIGHTENING.html

This past weekend, he BC'd 5" or 6", taking me from BSL to SL due to relaxer damage. I'm now between 60% and 70% natural, gradually cutting relaxed ends and hoping to be 100% nappy by my 40th birthday next year. :yay:

Me-T: Which MT did u purchase advance or chocolate? I think I'm going for the chocolate.

Where did u purchase and how much. I saw a 4oz. bottle on the following site after one of the ladies on the thread suggested it. Seems to be the cheapest prices I've found for MT. Let me know asap. Need to purchase tonight in hopes of having it for stylist to apply on Friday or Saturday.

Oh and natural mane, I'm also waiting on the answers to Me-T's questions re: effectiveness (I think you mean how long it lasts) and ur opinion on global vs quad gold.

I have 4b all natural so I'm trying to decide on one of these today! Lol.

choco- i got the chocolate 4 oz, $62.50

oh, you won't have it by friday. i got mine after a... what? 2 week or so wait

Last edited:
Back