KeraCare users.....

Eyvonne7131

Have any of you tried thier "leave in conditioner" and/or thier "essential hair oil"....just wondering how they work on your hair.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have tried the hair oil but I generally don't like oils on my hair. I did use it as a hot oil treatment a few times and I didn't get that greasy sludgy feeling that I get with plain olive oil. It smells good too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I asked my hair stylist about the essential hair oil from KeraCare and she didn't believe it was worth the money. She said that she got the same results with Hot 6 Oil. I haven't tried either so I cannot say if she is right.

I have their Leave In conditioner and wouldn't repurchase. Nothing special. I got it on the strength of loving their Silken Seal sooo much (still do)so I figured their Leave In would also be good. No competition.

i have their leave-in, but i think i got some from a bad batch because whenever i use it, it looks like i have dandruff. the stuff just doesn't dissolve completely. i was pretty disappointed.

as far as oils, i prefer to make my own...

adrienne

KeraCare can be purchased at http://www.discount-beauty.com/

Eyvonne, the website that you listed also carries KeraCare and lots of other good products. However, I have read about a lot of people complaining about the site (not so good customer service, etc). The website that I listed is a place that Adrienne (and a lot of other ladies) have used, and I have never read any complaints about them.

HTH.

I have used the oils for about 3 years. They are really light and absorb pretty well. Nice smell too. I think you will like it, but if you really need an oil that moisturizers well, this might be too light. If I can remember, I will look at my bottle and post the ingredients for you.

Pumpkin,

I see you live in Brooklyn. Keracare can be purchased at almost all of the Beauty Supply stores in the dowtown area (The Fulton Mall?). The ones closer to Metro Tech (off the A and the F train lines) seem to be particularly well stocked. There are about 2 stores per block over there...take your pick...

you're right, allandra! i've ordered from Discount Beauty at least four times. i can purchase it locally at this one korean beauty supply, but it's cheaper from them even after shipping charges. i've never had a problem with them. i think charli even visited them when she was in Texas and said the owner is really nice. lol!

adrienne

I purchased a bunch of the products and gave most of them away. The Hydrating Shampoo was good but the result was practically identical to the results I get with Creme of Nature. Which is 3x cheaper, BTW. The hairdress and the moisturizer were just very expensive versions of the vaseline and baby oil type hair products you can get in any drugstore. (i.e. Pink Oil or Dark & Lovely Cream Hairdress) I liked the Essential Oils and the Silken Seal, but there are plenty of cheaper and easier to find alternatives.

You can actually purchase keracare products directly from the company that makes keracare products (avlon idnustires). You can also purchase keracare at jc penney hair salons which also sells keracare products at a really good price and sometimes jc pennys salon do a 20% off sale on all the hair care products they sell at least once a month.

http://www.avlon.com/Keracare/

Thank you Tracy

This really good to know since I will be up and down Flatbush today. One more excuse to by more products /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have tried the keracare leave-in conditioner and my hair really likes it. I haveN't experienced any build up or flakes at all it's a really good moisturizer. My hair is natural and my hair type is 4a.

I bought my KeraCare on Nostrand Avenue by the junction. A lot of the Korean BPS (beauty supply stores) have it.

Thank you Tracy & Daviine

I didn't realize how many of those stores sell it. I found one right around the corner from my sisters on Flatbush and Beverly Rd. Thanks again.

Back