KERACARE HUMECTO

Thanks NayNay, and definitely post your thoughts on the Silken Seal!!!!
smile.gif
There's a web site for the MTA so that you can make sure the 1 and 9 stop at 103rd. You should be able to find it on Google. My guess is that it probably does stop there during the week, but I know those trains do strange things on the weekends. You should be in luck today, though!
laugh.gif
I'll call them tomorrow to find out what's still available and take a trip there.

I was at the beauty supply and I bought the humecto and their leave-in conditioner. Their leave-in is so thick and creamy. Does anyone have any reviews on the leave-in?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
mirrormirror said:
I was at the beauty supply and I bought the humecto and their leave-in conditioner. Their leave-in is so thick and creamy. Does anyone have any reviews on the leave-in?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've used it, and I like it. However, I use another creamy, moisturizing leave-in conditioner (Kiehl's Leave-in, which I've been using for a long time). It's also very moisturizing. Please let us know how you like it. Did you get them from a store where you'd be able to return them if you don't like them? Anyways, I hope you like them.

KITKAT
Girl they are holding that 16oz for YOU! Just ask for it from one of the people working there. I told her u were going on Saturday. I am not making it there today.
ohwell.gif
I made another appointment in NJ so I will pick up my 5lbs on Monday. Also I will have a ride home on Monday so it wont be such a struggle! LOL!

Oooooh, thank you girl!
clap.gif
I'll make my way there tomorrow before it starts raining.

Yeah, I think a 5 lb container will be much easier to carry home once you have a ride!!!
laugh.gif
I can imagine you using your tub on the train to knock people out of the way - girl, you need to do that sometimes!!

For anyone who wanted that Humecto bottle that NayNay put aside for me at Rama, go for it!! My wallet is running on the empty side, so I'll have to defer my Keracare dreams for another week.
frown.gif
I called them this morning and they're still holding it. They don't have any smaller bottles left, but hopefully they will have them soon. Get there before they give it away - if I can't have it, I'd like one of my LCHF sistas to get it!!
laugh.gif

OK here is an update. I went to Ra-Ma yesterday and purchased my five pound tub ($23.40 w/o tax) of KeraCare Humecto. I brought 2 of my coworkes with me. One purchased a tub too. The tubs are in the back. One of my coworkers is anal and noticted an expiration date ('04) on one of the Humecto bottles. The tub had an imprinted date of 1999 or 2000 (not expiration date). The smaller bottles of Humecto had various imprinted dates on it (2001 &amp; 2000). We don't know what the date stands for....was that when it was manufactured? Who knows. It wouldn't surprise me if they had product sitting around that long LOL! But the weird thing is the only bottle with an expiration date was the one in her hand. KitKat I think that was your bottle of Humecto she got LOL! It was the last 16 oz there and there are numerous of the smaller bottles there.
I purchased my TUB anyway and opened it up and the consistency, color, smell, and texture appear to be fine.
I saw the leave in conditioner and DID not purchase it. A large 16 oz bottle is $13+. But I haven't heard any good reviews on it so in the store it stayed.
The only Silken Seal they sell is the spray kind and I only saw one bottle of that. The lady who was working didn't know a thing. She claimed they used to carry the serum, then she changed her mind on it so I don't know if they carry the product or not. We will just have to use other sources for the Silken Seal.
Oh well!!!!
BUT u know I am jumping for joy!!!! Five pounds of KeraCare Humecto. My friends laughed at me then asked me for a sample!
Remember that commerical about the slow jams when that man asked if he could borrow his boy's Slow Jam tape...The man made a profound statement and I told them the same thing.... U HAVE TO GET YOUR OWN!!!!! LOL
smile.gif
wink.gif

I have used Humecto for years because my stylist sold it. I turned my best friend on to this conditioner. I have never had that kind of result using a conditioner before. It is by far the best. It softens the hair so well! I now switch between this and Elucence (thanks to all the rave reviews it got on this board).

I used to use Silken Seal, but I now use Aveda Perfume Brilliant serum instead (I still wrap my hair under the dryer and blow it out a little - I'm working on it, guys - LOL!). I am coming to learn that my hair fairs much better with lighter products. That was a big lesson for me. The Aveda is lighter for me and gives me the same results.

BTW, I cannot stress how much I love this forum. I am so glad I found this!! Keep up the great work.

I'm at 7 wks, this coming Friday, I conditioned with the Humecto on Sunday and it feels like my new growth is GONE..
No, kiddin. I mean it's wavy but it is not thick and hard it's actually soft.. Unbelievable.

And my daughter has Keracare moisturizing lotion the bottles look the same so she without looking put the conditioner in her hair and left it all day She said she kept wondering why her hair felt dry , but it was strange her hair was dry but it was still soft.

I told her to wash her hair out cause it could break her hair off but she did'nt feel like it so, chickie had that in her hair for 3 days. She said she had no problems.

I just tried it for the first time yesterday and i really have to say I prefer Elucence conditioner. Elucence makes my hair way softer. Although the Keracare Humecto wasn't all that bad... but it didn't wow me
ohwell.gif

I'm gonna have to try Eulence and compare the two. I wanted to try Mizani, but well, not now..

I live in CT, 45 min to 1 hr from the city. Normally I wouldn't make such a long commute for hair care but it's that time of the year where I need to restock on products and this store seems like the place to do it.

What burrow is this place and what is the exact address. do u know what exit it is off the Henry Hudson Prkway? Thanx

SweetNic, earier in the thread NayNay posted the store's phone number and address. It's at 108th and Amsterdam, I think, in Manhattan. I don't know how helpful they'll be in telling you what exit to take off the Hudson, but try mapping it on Yahoo or Mapquest.

This board has some strong mojo going on...

I had absolutely no intention of buying any Humetco. I was walking past the Wal-Mart Salon last night and saw the KeraCare display...

"Adrienne likes it. She recommended the S-Curl and I thought she was crazy..."
blush.gif
Sorry A!
"People are buying up 5 lb tubs of this stuff and carrying it home on buses and trains..."
"Mindy's new growth disapperared..."

assimilate.gif

wave.gif
My name is Lisa and I am a product junkie.
crazy.gif

lol @ sassy! I know what you mean! The only thing that has stopped me from trying this is not having a dime in my pocket!!! I've been tight this whole week, next week i should have a few extra $'s. Then it'll be a question of whether to buy the 16oz at $10 or the 5lb tub $24,
confused.gif

"People are buying up 5 lb tubs of this stuff and carrying it home on buses and trains..."

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
rofl.gif

Hey girls
I tried the Keracare.........and it didnt work out for my hair. My hair didn't feel like I had put any conditioner in it all, And I had used half the bottle. And it wasn't moisturizing. And I didnt't like the consistency, its thin and runny. Well I guess Im still searching for moisturizing conditioner.

mirrormirror said:
And I didnt't like the consistency, its thin and runny.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used this a long time ago. The consistency of both bottles of Humecto that I had was very thick. I've heard the consistency described as thick to some and thin and runny to some. Gosh, isn't that something?

Well I buckled under the weight of this thread and bought a bottle which I tried 2 days ago. I would have to say it gets a thumbs up on my hair. I didn't do cartwheels of joy or anything like I do with Loreal Unfrizz (my current fave), but in rinsing it out, my hair was smooth and detangled very nicely. I left it on cold for 30 mins.

My rollarset the next day was nice. The hair was moisturized all over. The ends were a 'tad' dry which the Loreal doesn't do (that one moisturizes to the ends), but it was still a nice finish. Its good enough for me to add to my rotation.

I'd give it a 7.5/10 for me and would recommend it to someone looking for a moisturizing conditioner. By the way, the ingredients in it are very impressive. I like that glycerine is the 2nd ingredient and it has all those herbs.

Does it depend in the Shelf Life of the product?

Like does it matter who long it's been sittin??

And it didn't detangle my hair well. Anyway Ive been having problems with tangles, as my hair grows its getting hard to detangle
flip_1.jpg

My main problem with the KeraCare was that it was thin and I'm heavy handed. I was going to put it back on my to-try list but I'm glad your post reminded me of why I wasn't crazy about it in the first place. It's not that it isn;t a good conditioner...it just isn't cost effective for me. That's why I'm in love cholesterols right now. Cheap, thick and creamy.........very cost effective....
smile.gif

I agree with you Daviine. Its not even all that to worth the price of it. I actually think that it is not a good conditioner, and I am highly upet about their leave-in conditioner, it is so not worth it.

so kera care humecto is bad. To bad for yall i didn't buy. People say it is so good. but you have to also here bad replies also to determine if to get the product.

When all is said and done I think it boils down to (as usual) what suits one may not another. I took a chance based on these reviews (heck if Adrienne loves it, need I say more?
wink.gif
)and having read the ingredients in it and I give it a thumbs up. But it hasn't always been that way with products I've got via raves.

I do agree with you on the Leave-In though, that I didn't like much either. Much prefer the silken seal serum.

I haven't tried it yet. But I agree that the ingredient list isn't very impressive. But neither is the Mizani Moisturfuse ingredient list (I have the chemical version ) and it is the bomb!

The KeraCare leave-in was awful! A greasy mess.
barf.gif

Oh my goodness..... u all don't like KeraCare????
shocked.gif

I still say it is wonderful. I have tried Mizanni, Nexxus, Tropicals, Motions, etc. and I can say that by far it has worked the best on me. My hair is thick, type 4 and I don't add heat and let it sit for hours on my hair. When I let it sit for 3 hours my hair is completely detangled and feels like cotton! Mind you I am 3 months post relaxer. Oh well what is good for some isn't for others but I STILL LOVE KeraCare Humecto!!!! LOL
grin.gif
wink.gif
IT IS THE BOMB DIGGADITY!!!!

Back