KERACARE HUMECTO

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Supergirl said:

I got my 5 lb. tub for $19.99 here locally when I used to use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, shut 'yo mouth /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I wonder how much Avlon charges the distributors. This price difference is ridiculous! When I finish my tub,I might have to holler at your distributor /images/graemlins/grin.gif

honi, i think they make the bottled one runnier to get it in the bottle. other than the consistency, it's the same thing. i actually like it that way. lol!
30.gif

adrienne

Honi said:
By the way, for those that have the tub have you noticed that the consistency is more like pudding compared to the bottle which is more runny? /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
When I used this conditioner (a while ago), I purchased mine in the bottle. However, it was a VERY thick consistency. Out of both bottles that I had, neither of them were anything close to runny.

Kitkat said:
Azul, Affirm's lye relaxer only comes in a 4 oz tub. Anything else you see, like the 'regular sized' relaxer jar, is the no lye version. The no lye is also sold with activator taped to the side. I hope this helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly i learned this yesterday. i was doing my happy hair dance when i saw the smaller tub and then looked at the ingredients and saw it didnt have sodium hydroxide. /images/graemlins/frown.gif went around the corner to the huge tub and saw it did but that tub was like 35 dollars. /images/graemlins/mad.gif i could see if i was opening up a salon in my house but just me. cant do that. i guess i will have to decide what to do from here.

oh i saw the humecto i checked the ingredients and it seemed to be the same though i didnt have the list in front of me. but i was more than it cost at rama. so i will have to check there out. God bless you all.

at the Ra-ma BSS, was the humecto behind the counter???? I went there yesterday (but i was in a rush) and saw what was stocked on the shelves, and i saw no humecto /images/graemlins/confused.gif.. Maybe i'll try again next week.. i'm really in no rush.. I just want it to be there when i get it!!

how did i miss this, supergirl? allandra had to point me to it!

thanks so much for the info!!!!!! i'm definitely gonna call and see what's up with shipping so i can get a tub!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

adrienne0914 said:

thanks so much for the info!!!!!! i'm definitely gonna call and see what's up with shipping so i can get a tub!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I just LOVE helping out my fellow hair care girls. /images/graemlins/poke.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just LOVE helping out my fellow hair care girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

you enabler, you!!!
lachen70.gif

KitKat
Did u go try to buy the KeraCare?
I left it in (no heat) for 3 hours when I washed and though my hair wasn't as completely tangle free as when I left it in overnight it was almost completely tangle free. It took very little manipulation to untangle. OK I WANT A TUB! THANKS SUPERGIRL I MAY HAVE TO CALL! It would be worth it.
I am going to call before I go back to RAMA they didn't have much KeraCare left and we all know I am a PJ so I have to have at least one full body sitting in the closet!
tongue.gif

Nay nay.. can u tell me how much they have left??? I didn't see it when i went the first time (maybe its behind the counter b/c it wasn't on the shelf)

I only wash with shampoo every 3-4 weeks and this would be a conditoner to use for those washes... I want sum keracare!!1
frown.gif

Gurrrrlllllll
There were only 2 bottles left when I looked. THey had a lot of the smaller bottles. Here is the number and address if you want to call.

Ra-Ma Beauty Supply
(212) 865-1687 920 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY Map

Hi NayNay!
wave.gif
No, girl, I haven't taken my lazy butt up to the Upper West Side yet. I work in Midtown and I live in Brooklyn, so I never go further uptown when I leave my office. Hopefully I'll get there this weekend! But it sounds like if I don't get there before you, I'll be out of luck!
grin.gif

Edited to add: Ra-ma closes at 6:30 during the week!
angry2.gif
Darn, no way can I get there after work. Why do all the good places close so early??? I'll have to try my luck on the weekend.

adrienne0914 said:

thanks so much for the info!!!!!! i'm definitely gonna call and see what's up with shipping so i can get a tub!! &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /&gt;

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Adrienne,

Have you called yet?? Are they willing to ship it? Pls. let me know!!

weird.gif
Hey KitKat!!!!!!
confused.gif
Gurrrrlll I hate to travel to and I live in NJ so I came into the city on a Saturday JUST to buy it!

Don't worry I will hold off on buying. I don't want to have to come into the city for nothing. I will wait a week or 2 until they get a new shipment then I will buy 2 bottles! LOL!
wink.gif

The store does have lots of the $4 bottles though.....I love this stuff and now I look at my 1/3 bottle of Nexxus and cringe, BUT I have to use that CRAP up! YUCK!!!!
I say go for it early one Saturday morning!

Girl, you're too crazy! Well, I don't know how early on a Saturday morning I'll get out there - I don't do anything early on weekends
grin.gif
- but for $4 a bottle maybe I'll mosey up there on Saturday afternoon! It's the right price for my wallet, which has been really light lately.

But you have to promise not to buy the whole line out!!

I know what you mean about Nexxus - I hate that stuff too. Never again!!!
mad.gif

Kitkat said:
Azul, Affirm's lye relaxer only comes in a 4 oz tub. Anything else you see, like the 'regular sized' relaxer jar, is the no lye version. The no lye is also sold with activator taped to the side. I hope this helps. &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Kit Kat

To the side of a box or a tub.

My lye relaxer had Profecto (step 1) taped to the side of the tub. I only know No Lye to be sold in a box of about 4 applications.

LD, my 4 lb tub had Protecto taped to the side also. I had no idea they sell the no lye in a box. Here in NY, I've only seen it free standing with a little jar of activator taped to the side.
smile.gif
Thanks for letting us know that - it'll help anyone who sees this in the store and gets confused as to what's being sold.

Now yall gon' make me go out and buy Humecto. I really like their other products, like Affirm relaxer and 5 in 1 reconstructor. I am still in a desperate search for a good moisturizing conditioner, so hopefully this wil be it. Especially after being so disappointed with Tropical avocado.

Can I tell everyone HOW ADDICTED to this product I am. I washed my hair again and AGAIN a great performance! It really moisturizes and detangles.
KitKat I am THINKING of leaving work early and catching the 2 or 3 and getting off at 96 and WALKING the 10 blocks to get some more KeraCare prior to 6:30 today. I am stressing!!!!!!
shocked.gif
I need at least 1 bottle in RESERVES
confused.gif
crazy.gif
drunk.gif
shocked.gif

Nay nay, so they still have a good amount of $4 bottles left??? i'm sorry i keep nagging you, but I'm planning on trying this tonight!

Wow, you've got it bad.
laugh.gif
I'll try to get there tomorrow if it's not too late for me, Miss NayNay!!!
laugh.gif
I know I can't get there today before they close. I'm out of my favorite moisturizing conditioner, Motions Moisture Plus, so this would be a really good chance to try something else.

Instead of getting off at 96th and walking 10 blocks, catch the 1 or 9 to 103rd!!!

Kitkat said:

Instead of getting off at 96th and walking 10 blocks, catch the 1 or 9 to 103rd!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this too. God bless you all.

My girl told me that there was something going on and the 1, 9 wasn't stopping at 103rd???? I don't know. I will check though. I have to run but I will call and post and see if they have some FULL bottles and the KeraCare serum. I will post those prices too!
smile.gif

OK Ladieezzzz
I am so hooked. I just got off the phone with Ra-Ma! I was going to buy another $9.40 16 ounce bottle. Mind you they only have 1 left. I think they may be holding it for me but I aint going to buy it so I won't tell them to take it off of hold and they will hold it all day for me. KitKat Maybe you should call tomorrow morning and tell them to hold it for you then you could swing by and get it tomorrow! They have serveral of the small bottles Beana. They expect a new shipment in a couple of weeks but mind u ladiezz I was in there almost 3 weeks ago and no new shipment yet
frown.gif
!

They sell the five pound yes 5 lb TUBS for $23.40. Guess who is leaving work early to get one. I use this stuff like crazy. My bottle is at least 1/4 empty and I bought it maybe 2/3 weeks ago. Since I am almost 3 months post touch up it helps with the detangling. OK not as cheap as Dallas but hey close enough. I will leave work early and pick it up. I am such a sucker but buying two 16 oz bottles cost $18.80 and I get 48 more oz for what $6.00!!!!! OK I have to commute back to NJ with 5lbs of KeraCare but it all for the love of hair. I think they sell the KeraCare Silk &amp; Seal for $8.50! Cheaper than the place on 23rd that Brown Relaxed Hair &amp; Tracy spoke of.
I will probably catch the 2&amp;3 and change to the 1 or 9 at 96th street! I will make sure the 1&amp;9 stop at 103rd!
U know I am worked up and sooooo happy!
grin.gif
I will post on the Silk and Seal!

NayNay said:
OK I have to commute back to NJ with 5lbs of KeraCare but it all for the love of hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
And a VERY good reason this is.
smile.gif
--&gt; for the love of hair
wink.gif
wink.gif

thanks for the full report.. If im in love with the humecto like everyone else i WILL buy the $24 tub... I'm binging onhair prods

Back