KERACARE HUMECTO

NayNay

First I am going to chastise myself. Adrienne told me to try this product last year and what did I do /images/graemlins/frown.gif I went out and purchased this HUGE bottle of the awful NEXXUS humectress. IT does absolutely nothing for my hair, but fortunately I am almost done with it. But back to KEARCARE HUMECTO. Can I tell you I am sold. Last night I basically wet my hair and put on the KeraCare I fell asleep so it stayed on overnight. This morning when I rinsed out my hair my hair was so soft and get this I am 2 months post relaxer and my hair was perfectly detangled! I mean the comb ran right thru my roots to the end! This is better than cholesterol, Aussie Slip, or anything else I have tried. I couldn't believe it. My hair is soft and moisturized and detangled. No product has worked this way for me before. I am so excited about this product! YEAH!!!!!! I think I am done with products!! I have found my winners! Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!!!
/images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/party2.gif

Nay same here, I bought Nexxus cause "Shamboosie" said so. Well I did'nt like it and I took it back and switched with the Keracare (which was on sale so I ended up having $1.70 left.

I used it last night, just washed I used the 1st lather to get out the castor oil I had in my head then CON then KeraCare Humecto with cap for 20 min like the directions said. It was easy detangling, and I was able to wrap smoothly, I think I'm gonna like it very much.

I have been looking for a moisturizing conditioner to use after my protein condiitioner, Hopefully this is IT.

I am so glad that everyone else had such great results. I cannot shout enough about this product. I will try leaving it in for 2 hours minimum. It did that well with no heat! I am with you MindyMouse. I am done with conditioners, but now I need to use up all the JUNK I have /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Oh the woes of a product junkie!

HERE ARE the ingredients. It has mineral oil but so does ORS Mayo, Motions CPR, Nexxus Humectress, Cholesterol, and etc. I don't care I love this product!

Water. Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Isostearate, Polyquaternium-32 (and) Mineral Oil, Quaternium-80, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Extracts of: (Nettle, Pine, Burdock, Chamomile, Marigold, Rosemary, Ivy, Arnica, Lime, Corn Flower, Wild Chamomile, St. John's wort, Water-cress, and Garlic), Perfume, Methylaparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone.

Thanks NayNay. I really wanted to try Mizani Moisturefuse, but I think I'll try Keracare Humecto instead. I've seen it around & couldn't bring myself to spend the $10 or $12 that it costs in NY (but since Moisturefuse costs about the same, that doesn't really make much sense, does it? /images/graemlins/nuts.gif). Now that we don't know whether we're getting the real Moisturefuse or a knockoff, I'm open to trying Keracare. But I wonder whether the Keracare Humecto sold at beauty supply stores is the real thing, or a knockoff. /images/graemlins/confused.gif I have looked for an email link to Avlon, the company that sells Keracare, but I never found one. If I come across one, I'll send an email to them to find their authorized sellers.

Edited to add: I went to Avlon's web page. If you fill in the info at this link, you should find authorized salons that use or sell Avlon products. I hope this helps us avoid the Moisturefuse mess. Avlon Retail Salon Finder

KitKat
I purchased mine in a DR shop on 105th & Amsterdam (the corner). Ra-ma beauty supply is the name. BlkMane hipped me to this spot a while ago. There prices are a little cheaper but it cost $9.95 for 16 oz. I think Mizanni is $9 for 8 oz. I used the Mizanni Fulfyl which wasn't bad, but GURRRLL try the KeraCare Humecto. They have an 8oz bottle for $4 something.
Good Luck!

i'm glad it worked for you. this is my ultimate favorite conditioner! you should see me get the shakes when the bottle starts running low! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne

Yeah thanks to Adrienne I'm hooked on this conditoner as well. It's the only moisturizing conditioner I use when my hair is out.

OK well you know I'm going to have to try this one as well. Nexxus Humectress never did a damn thing for me either /images/graemlins/nono.gif I'll wait till next month before i try this one though /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've had a product junkie bout already this month

Adrienne got me hooked on this Kera Kare also. It's a great product, but I haven't been able to find it around here, I may have to go up to the city (San Francisco in Bay Area speak) to purchase some more.

$10 for 16oz????

OK, now I'm ticked off cuz I paid $15.99 for mine on Metrobeauty.com, and that's not including shipping!!! SHOOT!!!! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

FYI:Sheldeez sells a 5 lb tub of Humecto for $45.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got my 5 lb. tub for $19.99 here locally when I used to use it.

girl, where you stay? that price is unheard of! some places charge that much for the 16 oz... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

adrienne

I give this product 2 thumbs up as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif I know your hair must have been super soft because It does a wonderful job softening my 4B hair when left in just 15-20min. I tell you the truth... I have tried my share of moisturizing conditioners (my latest experiment with Paul Mitchell's new product) and i never get the same softness I usually get from Keracare Humecto. What's even greater is that the softness doesn't disappear after one day, which I love since my hair is and has always been dry... I agree and definitely recommend this product off the top!

girl, where you stay? that price is unheard of! some places charge that much for the 16 oz...

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, I'm in Dallas, Texas. The place is called Betty's. She is one of the authorized Avlon Retailers in the metroplex and she has the whole gammut (gammet?) of Avlon products. But I was so p'ed one time b/c some products were off-limits to non-licenced people like me. I bet they would ship for you. Here's the # if you're interested. 214-372-1161

NayNay said:
KitKat
I purchased mine in a DR shop on 105th &amp; Amsterdam (the corner). Ra-ma beauty supply is the name. BlkMane hipped me to this spot a while ago. There prices are a little cheaper but it cost $9.95 for 16 oz. I think Mizanni is $9 for 8 oz. I used the Mizanni Fulfyl which wasn't bad, but GURRRLL try the KeraCare Humecto. They have an 8oz bottle for $4 something.
Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

omg i was there just yesterday to get the nexxus biotin creme. i saw they had affirm relaxer if my eyes werent playing tricks on me. i didnt know whether i should pick it up because i want to use it for my next touchup. i'll have to check tomorrow when i get the keracare humecto. i saw another place that sells affirm relaxers in a tub but i wasnt sure if these formulas were for no lye. or if they came with the 5 n 1 reconstructor i heard about. i'll have to double check to make sure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bless you all.

Ok now I'm mad! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Why the price difference??? The beauty supply store sells the bottle for almost that much and the tub is almost 50 bucks???

By the way, for those that have the tub have you noticed that the consistency is more like pudding compared to the bottle which is more runny? /images/graemlins/look.gif

Ok, I'll go to the spot on 105th first and try the $4 bottle out to see if i like it. If i do, I'll be on the phone calling Texas... $20 for 5lb's of anything is good, especially a high quality producst like this!

BTW i used to see the 16oz for $20 everywhere.. .I'm glad you guys are here to "hip" me to inexpensive resources!!!

Azul, Affirm's lye relaxer only comes in a 4 oz tub. Anything else you see, like the 'regular sized' relaxer jar, is the no lye version. The no lye is also sold with activator taped to the side. I hope this helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't be mad girl. I pay $13.00 for my 8oz. They charge high prices here cause they are the only store here that sells Avlon products.

/images/graemlins/look.gif

Well I will always be a Nexxus user for life /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back