Kate Middleton do over. Let's play dress up (or other sleeve wedding styles) Post!

luckiestdestiny

Do over! Remember when you were little and something didn't go right and you yelled "do over"! And then you redid it? :lachen: Or was that just me? Hey all. I was reading some threads where people were dissapointed in her style. I saw it and I was like :look:. It was there. So....just for a different spin...what would you do differently? And I realize the economy...but before we cry modesty...daily mail.uk estimates her dress between $40,000 Euros and $200,000 so um....modesty is not her middle name at least not in price (they said the seamstresses had to wash their hands every ten minutes, etc and it was hand made)... just to make a regular looking dress.

With that in mind spare no expense what other options are out there? Sure it was hard for me to find some as I would custom make something really amazing (at least I think so in my head :spinning:)...but we have to work with what we see. What would you choose? Not trashing hers, just a do over (or for those thinking of long sleeves other options out there). I'm sure Lucia will chime in she's always so fashionable. Love to hear from others too. This is our chance to play dress up.:yep:

I thought about some of the things others mentioned such as:
1) you have to wear sleeves in church
2) there has to be royal attire "look"
3) She has to have some modesty.

So I spent thirty minutes (ah what nyquil and a fever will do to a person. Because of my cold I actually took off today, so that I actually have more time on my hands lol!) looking through some threads and I found some fun dresses. What say you?

What can you find? What do you think of my finds? Which are thumbs up and thumbs down. I was thinking princess/royal/ sleeves because I mean I kept reading everyone saying things like"what else could she do? She did the best she could with the requirements". Others were like put up or shut up:lachen: and no one did. So I'm doing it and even though it's not my style here it goes...feel free to booo, thumbs up or thumbs down (I don't care I'm in a nyquil haze...perhaps I'll change my mind tomorrow when I come to my senses:grin:)

Kate Middleton's Dress on wedding Day

bridal-makeup-kate-middleton-kate-middleton-w-L-W4UhQE.jpeg

Do Over option contenders!

British Designer Ian Stuart

1)
Fantasia_crop_Tim_Griff.jpg

2)
Ian-Stuart-Wedding-Dress-Prices-2.jpg

add illusion sleeves and she's good to go

Ellie Saab just change it to white
3)
designer-wedding-dresses.jpg

For wow appeal. Look at that train that they're holding behind her....

4)
c4d51_3-elie-saab.jpg

Elie-Saab-bridal-collection.jpg

5)

Again just imagine this in a pure white or white with spun silver:
elie_saab_2010_wedding1.jpg

6)

Elie-saab-wedding-dress_A4AB2D0D.jpg

7)

you could add long sleeves under this one and it would still turn out just as nice and illusion netting in the back so that it’s not so risqué but still shows the silhouette and the rest the same:

elie_saab_wedding_gowns_600x450.jpg

8)

British Designer Sharon Bowen upclose dress with the sleeves:
paris20by20night2021.jpg

9)

WUV_180.jpg

10)

Last edited:
Re: Kate Middleton do over. Let's play dress up (or other sleeve wedding styles) Post

another look at 10)
WUV_181.jpg

Rosa clara:
Rosa-Clara-Wedding-Dress-12.jpg

11)

Homage to the thirties

FSF_brides_magazine_comp.jpg

12)

13)

High Art:
ian-stuart-2011-collection-harlequin.jpg

13)

Oscar De La Renta

oscar-de-la-renta-wedding-dresses-200x300.jpg

14)

36569430.jpg

15)

oscardelarenta_wedding_dress1.jpg

16)

Carolina Herrera
Carolina-Herrera-wedding-dress-spring-2011.jpg

17)

1.-Carolina-Herrera-wedding-dress.jpg

18)For the ultra modest who still wants something different

Carolina-Herrera-Wedding-Dress-Spring-2012.jpg

19) Another modest one with much prettier lace IMO

Last edited:
Re: Kate Middleton do over. Let's play dress up (or other sleeve wedding styles) Post

I'm sure I'll post more tomorrow after I wake up from my nyquil induced coma. Night...looking forward to seeing yours or hearing you laugh me out of the thread.

I actually loved her wedding dress. She is very safe so there is no way she will push the envelop on her wedding day. If I were to pick a dress for her it will be the dress she wore or number 15 or 16 from you post.

I actually loved her wedding dress. She is very safe so there is no way she will push the envelop on her wedding day. If I were to pick a dress for her it will be the dress she wore or number 15 or 16 from you post.

It's a classic look that completely worked for her and the occasion. It was the first time that I went "wow, she's gorgeous." Before, she looked like another WW brunette.

Some of these dresses have great flair/personality, but it would take a special woman to wear it. I think it'd overwhelm her if it was too fancy.

I :love: the cowl neck effect of this dress. So unusual, so pretty. :spinning::spinning:

Again just imagine this in a pure white or white with spun silver:
elie_saab_2010_wedding1.jpg

Another dress I'm in love with. Can you do a close up? Is she wearing a tam?

you could add long sleeves under this one and it would still turn out just as nice and illusion netting in the back so that it’s not so risqué but still shows the silhouette and the rest the same:

elie_saab_wedding_gowns_600x450.jpg
I love the 'batwings' but are they removable? I'm confused as to how she gets this dress on.

------

Throughout the wedding, all I could think of was "I wonder how Kate would have looked in "White Chocolate"?

995452.jpg

eta: This was a dress from "Say Yes to the Dress", the one that Sola (sp?) from England/Nigeria did not purchase. Kate could have worn a white/silver camisole underneath to make it less risque. The collars make this so fab. The designer no longer makes this dress though. :sad: (eeta: Kate would have had to have her hair up for this to work properly)

Last edited:

@luckiestdestiny Please tell me where I can fine #4

Hey Keen ,

4 is Elie Saab Couture. For the budget conscious you could probably get a good dressmaker to make something very similar for a lot less!

Last edited:

I :love: the cowl neck effect of this dress. So unusual, so pretty. :spinning::spinning:

I'll see if I can find one.

I love the 'batwings' but are they removable? I'm confused as to how she gets this dress on.

I know right? i'm thinking it's button up in the back and you slide into it.
------

Throughout the wedding, all I could think of was "I wonder how Kate would have looked in "White Chocolate"?

995452.jpg

eta: This was a dress from "Say Yes to the Dress", the one that Sola (sp?) from England/Nigeria did not purchase. Kate could have worn a white/silver camisole underneath to make it less risque. The collars make this so fab. The designer no longer makes this dress though. :sad: (eeta: Kate would have had to have her hair up for this to work properly)
This one's very unusual. It's definitely a great pic:yep: wondering how it gathers at the bottom...wish I could see the whole thing.

I know that she could never wear the dresses that I want to post :lol: But I did like these that could be appropriate for her.

manuel-mota-2012-prado.jpg

manuel-mota-2012-pronovias-pueblo.jpg

Last edited:

I know that she could never wear the dresses that I want to post :lol: But I did like these that could be appropriate for her.

manuel-mota-2012-prado.jpg

manuel-mota-2012-pronovias-pueblo.jpg

They're both really pretty. I like the first one (because I'm thinking of that huge church with those high arches...she really needs a dress that fits that landscape:yep:

Post the others too! I'd love to see them. this is all about what you would do so I'm definitely curious to see what you would do.

Do you think Pippa is going to bring in a new style for bridesmaids--wearing white and very fitted.

I don't like skirts with pickups...

Do you think Pippa is going to bring in a new style for bridesmaids--wearing white and very fitted.
I saw that as a suggestion in a brides magazine and then of course at the wedding. I hope not:look:. :grin:

I've ALWAYS liked the simplicity of having one bridesmaid.

I agree with that transformer. I only asked a maid of honor so far. I was debating between just that or also having one more bridesmaid. I also think it's less drama....

I actually LOVE long sleeved dresses... I am looking for one with long sleeves and a high neck. I we a lot of vintage dresses from my thrift finds and think I want to translate that on my wedding day.

This has been a trend in magazines for a minute now. In the movie Jumping the Broom, the bridesmaids wore very pale cream colored dresses. It looked almost white. I was surprised, but the whole look was gorgeous.

This one's very unusual. It's definitely a great pic:yep: wondering how it gathers at the bottom...wish I could see the whole thing.

This is a pic of the whole thing from the fashion show. It would have to be more grand, as a princess would require a train, but with this dress, it would be perfect!

4441541755_c7efc3243a.jpg

------

995452.jpg

This will be my wedding dress if I ever get married. I will find someone to replicate it for me!

This thread is so cute. Too bad Kate didn't consult LHCF on her wedding dress. If she had, Pippa would not have out shined her on her wedding day.:lol:

I love the classic style of Carolina Herrera. This is gorg.

Carolina-Herrera-wedding-dress-spring-2011.jpg

As nice as some of them are, I don't think any of the dresses posted matched up to KM's choice. I didn't think I'd like it (I've never liked a Royal wedding dress) but I loved it the second I saw it. A beautiful classic!

Okay I know Weiner's in trouble (and all out wrong) but I stumbled upon his wife's wedding dress and it's sublime even if her choice in men is not..not on purpose. I was actually searching for something else when this dress popped up. I thought it was appropriate for this thread as it's so gorgeous and it's also "modest" but unique and really regal. It was made by Oscar De la renta. I'll still post pretty long sleeved, and/or closed (neck, etc), more modest dresses here for inspiration in case someone is searching for some for a dress maker. Why not? If I find them...share them.

757-Weiner_Profile.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.8.jpg

I'm not getting married anytime soon and I wasn't a fan of Kate's dress in general.

But I must say that I am now seriously thinking about having sleeves with my wedding dress. I want something different and everyone seems to do the sleeves princess dress.

I am 6'1, so I do want something sleek and form fitting, I've also always wanted a fall wedding, so i think the sleeves would be a great touch. I have no idea where to begin searching though. But thanks to KM, this style should be everywhere by now.

I love her dress! I also love this one that was posted

oscardelarenta_wedding_dress1.jpg

I love sleeves on a wedding dress because it looks so regal and demure to me.

I loved her dress too. It was beautiful and appropriate. I love the dresses posted here too, but I only see one or two that would be appropriate to a royal wedding. That said, if you ladies aren't married yet, you should totally rock some of these styles!!! :yep:

Back