Just wanted to share...

dannie

I don't know if any of you ladies you use Motions conditioners. I LOVE the stuff. Well recently I tried something different and purchased the Oil conditioner. I noticed it didn't have the same effect on my hair and it didn't have that slip as normal. I used the whole darn tub. I went to re-stock and bought the regular formula. Then I noticed "DUH" that the oil is a protein conditioner. No wonder my hair still felt dry after using that stuff. I used protein in my hair for freaking 2 months almost daily. Thank god I still have hair. I'm just posting in case any of you ladies were confused about that as well.

Moral..... always read the freaking bottle!!!!

Whew Dannie, I don't know how you continued to use that product w/o going crazy. I would have been freaking out.

I figured the oil conditoner just didn't work as good as the regular. I wasn't until I threw away the empty tub that I noticed it said "Protein Conditioner". My hair would feel dry after I used it so I had to overload on oils and ORS Olive Oil to make it feel nice again. I didn't notice any breakage (Thank God!), but I was lucky. I thought I was extra informed about products, but I missed the mark on this one. Just in case any body thought on the same lines as me, I'd thought I'd share in order to save someone some grief.

i love motions products too. especially the CPR conditioner and the relaxer. they work well with my hair.

Motions Oil Moisturizer Brand has two conditioners: Moisture Plus, and Silk Protein. The tubs look very much alike. I have used the latter weekly without bad results. I am happy that you didn't have any breakage with this product
smile.gif

I use all Motions products weekly and they work well with my hair also. The protein conditioner did well on my hair. It was really soft.

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
I don't know if any of you ladies you use Motions conditioners. I LOVE the stuff. Well recently I tried something different and purchased the Oil conditioner. I noticed it didn't have the same effect on my hair and it didn't have that slip as normal. I used the whole darn tub. I went to re-stock and bought the regular formula. Then I noticed "DUH" that the oil is a protein conditioner. No wonder my hair still felt dry after using that stuff. I used protein in my hair for freaking 2 months almost daily. Thank god I still have hair. I'm just posting in case any of you ladies were confused about that as well.

Moral..... always read the freaking bottle!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This shouldn't have caused a problem (assuming that you were following the directions) This is a collagen protein conditioner and collagen is a moisturizing protein.
smile.gif

Back