Just returned from JCPenney Salon!!! (LONG)

northernbelle

For the past four years, I would travel to Connecticut, where my parents live and where I grew up, every eight weeks, for my relaxer touch-ups. I did this for lack of suitable options in NY state where I reside currently. My current stylist did a decent relaxer, but not as good as those I had received from 1990-1999. FYI, my current stylist is male, and Puerto Rican. My forner stylists were Black and female. My current stylist used to only cut my hair. However, given that his clientele is 40% African American, and who receive relaxers, I thought he would suffice.

Anyway, based upon positive feedback re: JCPenney salons, I contacted my local store/salon, and made an appointment for today.

What a treat! My new stylist, Zanna, is great. She talked with me re: my hair and my relaxer before doing anything, asked me re: the stubbly hair at the crown (y'all know what I am talking about), and went to work.

Zanna did my relaxer and hair just the way I remember it being done. And, she gave me a cute, easy to do hairstyle. I wear the Affirm Mild relaxer.

Anyway, I am scheduled for my next touch up with her in eight weeks.

I am glad I had enough faith and courage in my own intution to step out into new territory.

nothernbelle

Glad it went well. I like to discuss my hair before they start doing anything and it's rare to find a stylist who'll take the time for that!

Simply wonderful!
clap.gif

Good for you NB. If you ever want a special treat for your hair ask them if the would be so kind to allow you to have a deep conditioning treat with this "Hair steamer" (Don't let the suggested retail price shock you.). This is the "Hair steamer" that I have been having my treatments done with at Penny's (I thought it was another one but this is the real mccoy) you might have to twist their arm a little by showing them on the machine's panel button (1st button on 2nd row[?]) the button that says treatment (scope the machine 1st before you approach the manager), that is if your interested. If you do please let me know how the treatment goes for you.

Back