Just a comment: I thought I would never say this

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

but . . .

The longer my hair gets the more it gets on my nerves. I actually got a french roll today at the beauty shop and I really hate to get french rolls because they flatten after a while.

Anyway, I just felt I would share. I suppose once it is really long, I guess I can figure out some other style other than the french roll to wear it. As it stands, any type of pony tail, bun, etc. causes it to break in the exact same spot in the back so I try to avoid these type hairstyles.

girl i cant wait till my hair is so long it gets on my nerves /images/graemlins/grin.gif dont worry u'll find another equally protective style that looks soooooo cute on u soon

My hair is inching down my neck, and as it grows out of its former TWA it is getting harder to care for. The knots aren't as avoidable, the routine is more stringent, the maintainence is more demanding.

But I can't wait to have a head of locks. It will all be worth it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I never thought I'd say it either but as my hair grows, especially now that I'm starting to wear it out instead of protective styles, I don't know if I like the feeling of hair on my neck and shoulders. It feels a little creepy but I'll get used to it. I ain't complaining.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Robin41 said:
I never thought I'd say it either but as my hair grows, especially now that I'm starting to wear it out instead of protective styles, I don't know if I like the feeling of hair on my neck and shoulders. It feels a little creepy but I'll get used to it. I ain't complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
___
Once the hair starts to get past the shoulders, new issues creep up. The creepiness on the neck is one problem. This, however, has been my biggest problem: As I lay on it the ends tend to get wet if my neck is sweating because I am hot, the ends then become frizzy. Apparently, I had my heater too high in my house and my ends stayed wet. This was never a problem before.

That's actually good news, and think of all the cool styles you can do, I just saw that movie Cody Banks and that actress in the red suit has a different weave on in every scene-I mean her weave is slammin' but if your hair is long enough you can do some or all of those kinds of styles. I'm getting myself a hairstyle book form the library to look at African, European, and Asian hairstyles- for longand ultra-long hair.
I beleive I can do it and it will happen for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif
hth

I have to agree that sometimes long hair can get on your nerves in hot weather. In the summer, I do wear my hair out sometimes when I'm going to work (since I know I'll be in air conditioning all day), but as soon as I hit the door at home, I'm putting it up in a ponytail. I just can't stand the feeling of hair on the back of my neck when it's hot out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh, I didn't mean dred locs -- just my natural "locks" of hair. They're little pen springs that are just darling. I I had a bonnet, I'd look like a doll /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/images/graemlins/grin.gif stupid ngaa thot u meant dread-locs /images/graemlins/blush.gif thanx for clearing that up

Back