July 23rd, 24th and 25th - What R Your Hair Plans ??

JJamiah

Happy Thursday LHCF,

It's a warm day in Florida today and the kids and Mr. went to Universal Studio. Me I get heat exhaustion so that was a negative. :) I have my hair wrapped up after washing it with Clarifying shampoo three times this week after going into the pool.

I won't be doing much this weekend but will be preparing my hair next weekend to be braided up for the Hide your hair challenge :)

So What Are Your Hair Plans?

Tommorrow:

Co-Wash w/Nexxus Humectin
Quick Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor 5-10 minutes
2 Step process of Henna & Indigo
Rinse out w/Suave Tropical Coconut
DC under Steamer with Curl Junkie Banana Honey Hibicus DC'er
Apply Leave-In *Alba Botancia/Argan Oil*
Dry 80% Scarf Method 20%
WIG IT, WIG IT, WIG IT!

I'll be starting Megatek next week and I'm at a loss of what I should now do in regards to protein for my hair. Megatek will only go on my scalp....not my strands, so part of me wants to continue to at least do a light protein pre-poo every week but I don't want to chance protein overload. I guess I'll have to play it by ear, sometimes I hate introducing new things to my reggie cause it throws me off so much :ohwell:. This week though:

Pre-poo
-Porosity Control conditioner (with heat for 15 mins)

Wash
-Hair One (Olive Oil)

Medium/Hard Protein
-Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment (with heat for 30 mins)

DC
- Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner mixed Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner, avocado oil, kukui nut oil, JBCO and silk amino acids (with steam for an hr)

Airdry 75%, then braidout with satin strips
-Leave ins: Shescentit Moisture Mist, Shescentit Coco Creme Leave-In Conditioner, Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizer, Redken Anti-Snap (on ends only) and Bee Mine Curly Butter when I begin to do the braidout

-OR-

Rollerset and Silk Wrap
-Leave ins: Shescentit Moisture Mist, Shescentit Coco Creme Leave-In Conditioner, Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizer, Redken Anti-Snap (on ends only) and Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector

Last edited:
:grin: ahhhh its the weekend already!!!!

Tomorrow is curly install day so I'll DC tonight and give my hair a little prep talk for tomorrow :lachen:

i washed my quick weave out monday, and washed and dc.....i let my hair and scalp rest a couple days via ragedy twists under my beanie : ) , so saturday i will co wash oil my scalp and get anotha quick weave.

Wash, deep condition and braid out. Thats the reggie for the remainder of the summer its been to hot to do anything else to it.

I'm on a 5 day wash schedule so simply moisturizing, sealing and trying not to touch it to much (washed yesterday). Don't care for any of the protective styles so I do a low manipulation style...otherwise I am constantly running my fingers through it...who'd blame, me it feels so good sincethe beginning of my hair journey - 33 days ago!

I am not really sure :/ I think I will just be wet bunning again! Hmm but I am feeling a real strong desire to just flat iron my hair or something, but I am sure it will just be a wet bun, since it is easier for this busy weekend.

Going back to KISS:

cowash
ponytail dry
bun

I may possibly work on my braiding or twisting technique. I'd like to be able to braid or twist the front of my hair really well and bun the back.

Seeing as I BC'd last night I will be playing in my hair something serious when I get home tody. Sunday I will be putting in some kinky weave to cut down on manipulation (I can't stop touching my hair since I cut it LOL)

Seeing as I BC'd last night I will be playing in my hair something serious when I get home tody. Sunday I will be putting in some kinky weave to cut down on manipulation (I can't stop touching my hair since I cut it LOL)
CONGRATULATIONS!

I really have no idea what I'll be doing....probably just continuing to apply my Megatek and trying to start hardcore wet-bunning. Although I've been doing nothing but cowashing and sealing since I took my BoBraz install down a few weeks ago, I still feel like I've been neglecting my hair. Maybe I'm just back on autopilot, and that's what is causing me to feel stuck in a rut.

On Friday, I'm doing a touchup...at only 8 weeks. I usually go to at least 13 weeks, but I have some serious new growth right now, that even the silk scarf/aloe vera gel/castor oil can't lay down my edges. I must be experiencing a summer growth spurt, which is certainly welcomed. I recently increased the intensity of my workouts, which makes me sweat more, and that leads to faster growth for me as well.

If this growth rate keeps up, I might have to become a regular 8-weeker with my touchups...I'll see. Thank God, I'm a DIYer!

Today I washed with this new organix moisturizing shampoo...it left my hair squeky clean which i dont really like. Then Im under the dryer with Yes to Carrots Mud Mask. I'll be doing a rollerset and rocking the curls. Next week im going to attempt to air dry.

I put two strand twists in my hair and curled them. I am looking for a potential updo for this weekend, but if I don't find one I'll just wear the curled twists hanging down.

Saturday i will be Relaxing my hair its a jungle up there i am only 9 wks i usually relax @ 12 wks but i cant take it anymore.

Missjae09 put my hair in flat twists and two-strand twists on Monday of this week, so I have been wearing it pinned up and I LOVE IT!!! I plan on making this style last AT LEAST another week before I wear the twist-out.

Did a black tea rinse today and DC with lustrasilk

Going to do Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for ~20 mins shampoo and DC with lustrasilk on sunday

I am under the steamer doing a henna/indigo treatment. It has been so very long since I have steam and henna'd my hair and it feels so GOOD!

Not sure what I will do once I am done though. Probably blow dry it for next week's touch up.

Tonight!
cowashing and Straightening for a show

Saturday
Going to the beach so I'll be protecting my hair with Shea Butter and clarifying it afterwards

Sunday
working a bun probably

Wash with what ever shampoo i have lying around. DC with AOGPB for how long I want to and cornrow it to wear my half-wigs for next week.

Right now - Doing my first flexirod set. I need a break from the constant wetbunning I've been doing for about 3 months. I hope it turns out nice... :look:

Back