July 2010....What Did YOU Buy This Week??? (Hair Care Edition)

Can you please give a brief review of this product?:grin: Thanks

It's not too thick and not too thin in consistency, sort of in between. It's nice and creamy and smells like cake batter. I use it for my wash and gos and it gives me great definition and keeps my hair moisturized. It absorbs very well in my hair wet, there's no white residue. I don't have to wait for any white stuff to disappear in my hair. Also a little goes a long way, you don't have to use a lot of it.

It's not too thick and not too thin in consistency, sort of in between. It's nice and creamy and smells like cake batter. I use it for my wash and gos and it gives me great definition and keeps my hair moisturized. It absorbs very well in my hair wet, there's no white residue. I don't have to wait for any white stuff to disappear in my hair. Also a little goes a long way, you don't have to use a lot of it.

Thanks!:yep: I have this also.

I was also thinking about getting the Deep Conditioning Treatments in the Packets. But wanted to see if I liked this first.

I think I will start on my jar once I use up my Darcy's.:yep:

Thanks for you review.:yep:

I was thinking of you Idare- when I bought a Liter of Philip B deep conditioning rinse at TJ Maxx yesterday. It was only $15. I was so excited. I love that stuff. I bought the small bottle back in May, by the time I realized how good it was, of course TJ's had no more and I was not about to pay full price:lachen:

ORS shampoo
Silken Child Heat Spray
Silken Child Detangler
*love the smell of Silken Child products
Silk Elements Olive Oil Megasilk Moisture Treatment
ORS replenshing Paks
African Pride Relaxer (who uses this anymore??? LOL)

and I just recently told dh I was going to challenge myself to not purchase more products (less than a week ago) :(

I'll enjoy my new products tho :) I hope...:look:

Last edited:
I was thinking of you Idare- when I bought a Liter of Philip B deep conditioning rinse at TJ Maxx yesterday. It was only $15. I was so excited. I love that stuff. I bought the small bottle back in May, by the time I realized how good it was, of course TJ's had no more and I was not about to pay full price:lachen:

@1st Bolded: Girl, So Do I!:lick:

@2nd Bolded: Same w/Me!:rolleyes: I did find a coupla' Tubes still in my stash. I shoulda' wiped them out when I seen 'em.:blush:

Nah....it's kinda hard to pay full price when you seen it there:perplexed It just doesn't "feel" right.:lachen:

I haven't been to TJ's Lately:look: WOW! That Liter is sounding pretty good. If I didn't have so much "stuff" I'd be all over that.:spinning:

Absolutely nothing. I am going to make this July the first month since I've been natural (big chopped October 2007 mind you) that I don't buy a single product for my hair.

I'm trying to seriously think about what I actually need to buy before I spend my money. I can't make up my mind if I want natural or regular ol BSS products.

I do like looking through these thread seeing what other people purchase. It's kind of fun:grin:

Absolutely nothing. I am going to make this July the first month since I've been natural (big chopped October 2007 mind you) that I don't buy a single product for my hair.

I'm trying to seriously think about what I actually need to buy before I spend my money. I can't make up my mind if I want natural or regular ol BSS products.

I do like looking through these thread seeing what other people purchase. It's kind of fun:grin:

It is, isn't it?:yep:

I bought end papers.

3 jars Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Gel at a local Dollar Store that is eliminating ethnic hair care section. 12 scunci combs. Smooth n Shine curl activator cuz I need all the aloe I can get against chlorine, humidity and high temperatures. Sometimes a girl just gotta creep on ole CFCG :sekret:

Last edited:
I brought another half-wig but it's yaki textured which I will wear in the fall. I bought plastic shower caps & re-ordered qhemet's ohhb & honeybush tea soft gel (never used it b4)

Hopefully:look::

Claudie's Temple Balm Rejuvenating Cream
Claudie's Protein Conditioner

*the ordering process is a bit interesting, so we'll see*

This week I ordered an Afro half wig & two Donna Marie products, the MiraCurl curling Gelly & the Super Buttercreme.

Goody’s Stayput Snap Clips
Goody’s barrettes
Scunci’s no slip grip barrettes

Bee Mine 4th of July Sale – 20% off
Sample sizes
Deja’s Hair Milk
Bee Loved Hair and Scalp Moisturizer
Bee Hold Curly Butter
Juicy Moisturizing Daily Spritz
Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer

Full Sizes
Bee U Ti Ful Moisturizing DC
Bee Loved Hair and Scalp Moisturizer
Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer

Koils By Nature – 15% off
Stimulating Hair Growth Rinse
Nourishing Hair and Body Butter

Komaza Hair Care 4th of July Sale – 15% off
Califia Moisturizing Cream (8oz)
Moku Hair Butter (8oz)
Intense Moisture Therapy Conditioner (16oz)
Califia Moisturizing Spray (8oz)

And I received an e-mail from Naturallycurly.com for a 20% off janecartersolution.com’s website. Haven’t been able to get it to work.
Jane Carter Solution Nourish & Shine can be used for all types of hair and skin. It's made from nothing but organic butters, pure essential oils, vitamins and love. NaturallyCurly readers can save 20% by using the promotion code naturallycurly20. Discount expires 07/31/10.

I’ve been trying to use it since I received it (6/24/10); but no luck. I receive the error msg. “invalid coupon”.

Crochet headband. Won't be able to wear it until fall or winter because the width of it now will probably cover all of my hair :rolleyes:.

Kinky Kurly Knot Today
NOW Castor Oil
NOW Jojoba Oil
Now Coconut Oil
NOW Vegetable Glycerine
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist (trying something new)
And some new hair toys! :yep:

There was an awesome 'summer sale' bin full of Conair hair accessories at the Walgreens by my house. I got soooooo many hair toys!!!!! Everything was just $1; stuff that is usually like $4-6 dollars each.

4 hair claws
5 packs of six head wraps (this was the greatest deal EVER!!!!)
1 pack of scrunchies
4 packs of four hair ties
2 packs of six hair clips

If priced normally, this stuff would have cost me $50 easy. Grand total = $16 + tax :yahoo:

Back