• Yes

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Other:

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Healthy short hair, along with healthy, short and long natural hair should also be showcased. It really bothered me that Oprah made the statement about her hair being healthy because she has Andre. We can prove to her that her statement is false. Many of us--with proper hair care techniques--can and have achieved what Oprah has and better without relying on hairstylists. Good for Oprah that she can afford someone in her hair everyday, but to assert that that's the only thing required for a healthy head is so misleading. We cannot allow black women to believe that it's the only way to have long, healthy hair. :nono:

Sign me up!!!!

Although I do agree with the other ladies about not exposing LHCF. I think everyone is in agreement that wouldn't be the best idea but I am a huge proponent of this initiative!!!!!!

tyra is doing a "hair academy" show soon, so please send this soon. i'm a little nervous about that show :look:

Really??? How do you know?? Is she just looking for guests, or has it already been taped??

Ppl with shorter hair probably can't participate huh?

Why not? Your hair is healthy and well cared-for, no reason not to represent. I don't think the issue is just about long hair, but about healthy hair.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Tips like stretching relaxers, moisture and protein balance, etc are still needed for ladies with shorter hair. I say welcome to the club missie!!! :grin:

I think one of the best ideas I heard from someone was what they would say if presented with the opportunity to go on Oprah. Something along the lines of "I never had long hair until one day I got frustrated with spending all that money at the salon on a STYLE while my hair's HEALTH was suffering...I did some research and started a really simple regimen (wash and condition it 1-2x a week, set it on rollers, sit under the dryer, flat iron my roots) and now my hair is this long."

Good luck, ladies...can't wait to see the finished product.

Back