jDenman Brush question

I heard that it's good for both, but I wanna know whether it will get your hair straighter (the paddle brush) than using a comb attachment on your hairdryer? I just bought one b/c of all the raves about Dominican salons and how they use paddle brushes while blowdrying. Can anyone pls shed some light for Grow and me?
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
I heard that it's good for both, but I wanna know whether it will get your hair straighter (the paddle brush) than using a comb attachment on your hairdryer? I just bought one b/c of all the raves about Dominican salons and how they use paddle brushes while blowdrying. Can anyone pls shed some light for Grow and me?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it has more to do with the tension that is used in combination with the heat. They all use different types of brushes. round, paddle and the Denman brushes.

DSD-

Should I return the brush then b/c I know I don't have the kind of hairdryers they have? I've been doing well w/my comb attachment, but I just thought the paddle would make it even straighter... what do you think?

i find the brush helpful for styling as well. I don't use it for blow drying. I use it to brush my hair in ponytail while wet so that it will air dry.

I really don't know. I watched a few of the stylist blow out hair on Friday and the tension that they used was more than the usual person would use blowdrying. I think you should(since you already have the brush) try it and compare the results. It seems like you would be able to get better tension with the brush, IMO.

I know They probably don't take returns on used brushes, do they?

Re: Denman Brush question

Hi Ladies,

How many relaxed ladies here use the denman brush for detangling purposes and how do you find it?

Soulchild, does that mean that your hair is relaxed?

I have such a hard time detangling...so I have been looking for something to help me with that.

Comme on relaxed ladies...

The way I see it, If it can detangle kinks with no problem, then it would definately work for relaxed, straight hair.

My mother has natural hair, and she uses a pressing comb to straighen it. Anyway, I used my Denman paddle brush on her hair to detangle it, and the Denman brush moved through it like a knife cutting butter, with no loss of hair.

northernbelle

I don't like it on my daughters natural hair. It breaks it.

Back