Does Denman Really Work?

Hey ladies! As my hair gets longer I find it increasingly more difficult to detangle. Does the denman brush really work with detangling? Can anyone explain their successes or failures with this brush? Do you prefer this method or another? Lastly, what is your technique when you utilize the brush?

Thanks in advance!

Oh heavens yes, the denman brush works wonders for my hair. I have 4a/b hair and it is awesome! I use it on my sons 3b hair and it works pretty well for him. I have to use it when my hair has conditioner sitting on it of course. But I loves it!:yep:

*in my best James Evans voice*

YES LAWD! I'm not saying its the end all be all, but it defintely helps me. Combs alone are okay, but once I finish up with my Denman you definitely see a difference. Two Thumbs up.:thumbsup:

For all familiar with the Denman Brush, is it for relaxed hair? I too thought brushing was a no-no :nono:. Based on the responses, it appears mostly naturals are using this for detangling. I beleive I saw a response from someone transitioning. What about stretching? Does this pull your hair out? (Esp during a long stretch).

I don't have a denman, I have the goodie knock off, but I love it. It really gets rid of all the shed hair and it helps with the individual knots

Here's how I use mine...b/f anyone with a naughty mind asks, I had on a bathing suit:lachen:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdKLKhlk7FI

Thank you for making that video! I've always wanted to see how someone else washes their hair. In fact, I've been wanting to do a shower video, too. I think it would be fun. Well, I'm going to come right out and say it, I sooo envy your hair. I tried just like that, but it was the brush version of that combing/detangling video I put up. So painful, could not glide through, lots of ripping and tearing, even working with a section half that size still a full 5 minutes to get through. Your hair is wonderful, it's beautiful and looks easy to handle, I hope you appreciate it everyday!

Thank you for making that video! I've always wanted to see how someone else washes their hair. In fact, I've been wanting to do a shower video, too. I think it would be fun. Well, I'm going to come right out and say it, I sooo envy your hair. I tried just like that, but it was the brush version of that combing/detangling video I put up. So painful, could not glide through, lots of ripping and tearing, even working with a section half that size still a full 5 minutes to get through. Your hair is wonderful, it's beautiful and looks easy to handle, I hope you appreciate it everyday!

Awww. thank you so much:blush:

It's crazy, b/c I absolutely love your hair, I always wished I had thicker hair, I guess the grass is alway thicker on the other side. Crazy:drunk:

It's crazy, b/c I absolutely love your hair, I always wished I had thicker hair, I guess the grass is alway thicker on the other side. Crazy:drunk:

Your hair is very pretty. :yep: I just watched the video and I think we have a similar hair type. My hair looks just like that when I cowash and use the Denman (or my Conair version).

For all familiar with the Denman Brush, is it for relaxed hair? I too thought brushing was a no-no :nono:. Based on the responses, it appears mostly naturals are using this for detangling. I beleive I saw a response from someone transitioning. What about stretching? Does this pull your hair out? (Esp during a long stretch).

It doesn't do much for my relaxed hair other than make it smooth. When I use it I'm using it mostly on the NG. So I "lightly" go up the section and then normally detangle my NG. I have 3+ inches of NG and it hurts me a little to get it good with a comb but when my Denman I can go through the NG with relative ease and the hair will lay down nicely. I haven't felt my hair get pulled out. I was cautious at first because I thought this was happening, but when I examined the hair, I saw white bulbs and I was okay. But this is only done on wet hair fully saturated with conditioner and it works for me. HTH.

Hey ladies! As my hair gets longer I find it increasingly more difficult to detangle. Does the denman brush really work with detangling? Can anyone explain their successes or failures with this brush? Do you prefer this method or another? Lastly, what is your technique when you utilize the brush?

Thanks in advance!
A week ago, I would have said I hated the Denman brush. However, I just used it this weekend while utilizing one of our member's techniques (the owner of biracialhair.org). After dc'ing and rinsing, I coated my hair in HE LTR conditioner (not the leave in) and detangled with my combs the used the Denman to clear out all of the shed hairs. My hair is much more smoother, softer and I don't have as many knots and tangles as I usually do.

I found that with my hair type (I'm a Cnapp:grin:), in order for the Denman to work for me, I must detangle thoroughly with a comb and my hair must be damp and coated in conditioner.

Love your video. But how can I watch it w/out the music playing. I see you talking, but the music playing is covering up your voice...HELP :drunk:

I just purchased a Denman last week while I was in Oklahoma. I used it last night and OMG, I love it. My hair tends to tangle easily, so I am always searching for a way to properly detangle it.

And I love the way it makes my curls pop :grin:

IMG_9310.jpg

Detangled w/ condish

IMG_9313.jpg

Next day after being air-dried (was in the process of flat-ironing my hair)

Great results oooop. :yep: Did you use it in any particular way to get those results? I keep reading that technique is important when using the Denman.

Great results oooop. :yep: Did you use it in any particular way to get those results? I keep reading that technique is important when using the Denman.

I shampooed hair, then I applied a generous amt of Pantene Daily Moisturizer Renewal condish throughout my hair. Next I sectioned my hair and starting from the bottom, I began to brush my hair. Once I got to the root, I brushed downward about 2x and then I twisted off the section. I did this until my entire head was in twist. Then, I rinsed out the excess condish, undid 1 twist at a time, brushed 1 more time, then retwisted. Once entire head was retwisted, I applied a turbane to remove the excess water. I let my hair air dry overnight.

I picked up the D4 last week because of the recommendations I saw here... and I gotta say I was not disappointed. It works great!! I used it in the shower with a bunch of conditioner. I detangled with my fingers and then used the brush starting from the bottom up. I preferred it to the wide touch comb. However I found that out of the shower with only damp hair and leave in conditioner it snagged my hair so I'll only be using it to detangle during my co-washes.

You have my hair. I bought the D3 at Sally's and it works fine. I thought the D4 would be a bit too much for my hair.

Yey I just bought the D3 a few minutes ago! I tried it on my dry hair in the car before I pulled off to be sure I wanted to keep them both..

Denman has a carbon comb but I didnt find it so I got the Sallys version and it is great too! It was already filed down and didn't pull my hair out at all! Plus it just felt good in my hand, it was smooth and didn't catch on any of my hair at all... I got the one that says its for cutting hair because the teeth were longer... I'm throwing away my Silk comb as soon as I get home or giving it away or something...

The Denman D3 brush on my dry hair pulled out like 3 shed hairs... so I cant wait to see what it does on my wet hair next time I wash!:yep:

Love your video. But how can I watch it w/out the music playing. I see you talking, but the music playing is covering up your voice...HELP :drunk:

Youtube and my sony camera don't get along anytime I upload a video from that camera, the sound is omitted, so to compensate, I added music:ohwell:

Back