Japanese Hair Straightening BooBoos

• Thread starter Thread starter honey_jammz82
  • Start date Start date
H

honey_jammz82

I was watching tv, and I saw a commercial for the news tonight at 10. Anyways they are doing a special on that Japanese Hair Straightening System, and women who have lost a lot of hair and had extensive damage from doing it.
frown.gif

Tell me why
confused.gif
they showed a black lady as one of the "victims" of this procedure. I am sittin here like, I know I have done a lot of silly things to my hair, but from everything that I have heard about this system, it is definately not for black hair types.

I am like she should have known better, the people who applied it should have known better. She had really pretty hair before the procedure(they showed before and after pics), and afterwards, her hair was super thin!
crazy.gif

I don't know, I was kind of baffled by seeing that, just thought I would share, and discourage any of you all from having it done
look.gif

From my understanding (and my understanding is not extensive...) But this Japanese thing is a 'super' perm with ALOT of heat.... And if the black lady lost her hair, well....I feel bad for her.

I watched it. The black woman went for a consultation and was told she could get it. Personally, it was always my understanding that the process was not meant for our hair. The hairdresser was not the slightest bit sympathetic. She stated that she can't get her 4 hours back, so the lady can't get her money back. The black lady that had it done said that she was losing big clumps of hair starting the next day. Her hair looked like it may have been thin anyway before the process was done. The hairdresser (who was also the owner of the salon) said that she is not responsible for what happens to a person's hair after leaving the salon.

Thanks for posting that....I forgot to watch it, and I know I had been reminding myself all day.
shocked.gif

That is scary. I would have got my money back. I would have been crazzzzaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drunk.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
alireno said:
The hairdresser was not the slightest bit sympathetic. She stated that she can't get her 4 hours back, so the lady can't get her money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but would she have been able to get her teeth back after I beat her
censored.gif
?

That stylist was lucky. If she ran up on the wrong sista with that mess she wouldn't be on the news talkin bout nothin. Makes me sick. Just ADMIT you jacked up that woman's hair.

I missed the commercial, but the stylist should be liable (I think).

BTW, my Mom had the treatment done and works as a manicurist in the salon where the treatment is done. The local newspaper ran an article on it and my Mom was quoted in the newspaper as saying "And though it doesn't make African-American hair perfectly straight, Mrs. Cotton, at Tanya's, says after the procedure, the texture of her hair was better than with any other chemical relaxing process she's tried. “It (her hair) never felt like straw, and I don't have frizzies. It's great.”

To make sure the process will work, a testing session, costing about $90, is required. The stylist makes a meticulous record of the condition of the client's hair, including whether chemicals or dye have been used".

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Yeah but would she have been able to get her teeth back after I beat her
censored.gif
?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurl you are crazy!!!!

I have heard of that stuff and that it's not for black hair. Does anyone know the science behind why it's not for black hair? Just out of curiousity.

Back