January 2016 : Hits & Misses

Miss: Opening a jar of Sweet Nature by Eddie Protein Mask and discovering a science project - inches covered in black mold.
This is part of the reason I'm so weary of purchasing natural brands. I know some people have issues with parabens, but when I see them in a product I know that it is well preserved and will last years without incidence. Optiphen is one of the few natural preservatives I prefer in natural products.

Didn't they try that same thing with the JBCO line? Not an ounce of JBCO in the ingredients...

They did it with the Tahitian Noni and Monoi Smooth & Repair Nourishing Masque too. Notice the label:

I used it and it made my hair hard and I thought it was the keratin they advertised so I looked to see where it was at on the ingredient list and it wasn't even on there :lol:

Hit: Aveda Humectant Pomade

I've been using this on my ends with some water and I love the shine and moisture it leaves behind. I'm going to try and incorporate the Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade for the summer and use this humectant pomade to draw in moisture during the winter months.

When you moisturized your twists with the Honey Buttercream did you seal? Or just use that one product?

New Hits:

APB Cupuacu & Avocado Moisturizer: Ok, yall know I love her hair creams, but this knocks those out the box for my hair. This is a creamy medium thick lotion that is so easy to go on, so emollient, and Sugar Cookie Crunch smells sooo good (just like Hairveda Vatika Frosting which I love). I put this on damp hair and I didn't feel like I needed to seal, but I sealed with the matching oil. I am heavy handed. I like each strand coated, so the oils in it were a bit oily (same thing that happens when you use too much QB BRBC or Bee Mine Luscious), but yall know I don't mind that. I feel my hair was nicely protected. The next day my twists were soo juicy and soft. I couldn't stop touching and unraveling the twists. Not good, I know, but this stuff is awesome. I will pick up a few more bottles.

Silk Dreams Almond Buttercream: This stuff is also very good. The scent is so nice, like sweet toasted almonds. It's a stronger scent, which I love. I put this on damp hair and sealed with APB Olive Oats oil in Sugar Cookie Crunch (great scent pairing btw) and wow! I let this dry in my hair while in twists for a bit and the definition was so good for some ugly ol chunky twists! It wasn't my intention to get this type of definition, but I know for next time I want to style. I also was heavy handed and since it's already emollient, my hair was a bit oily, but again, I didn't care. Today is the next day and my hair is super soft and touchable.

SheScentIt Honey Buttercream Moisturizer: This stuff is the opposite in emollient nature from the other two products. It smells very light and fresh, but can't pinpoint the exact scent. Consistency is a very light, airy cream. I applied it to damp hair and it felt like it wasn't doing much at all to my hair. My hair was definitely soft and light and fluffy with this. I definitely had to seal it with the SSI Castor Honey Softening Balm. After I let it dry with that oil in my hair...giiiiirl.....my hair was so soft! I also reapplied it to my dry twists after a couple days to remoisturize. I let my twists out and hair was light, soft, and fluffy.

SheScentIt Castor Honey Softening Balm: This is a really nice castor based oil. It has a light scent and goes well with the Buttercream Moisturizer. I love the thickness of the oil (due to the castor) and it makes an amazing sealant if I don't feel like using a butter.

Miss:
Shea Moisture listing activated charcoal as a key ingredient in the African Water Mint shampoo and it's not on the ingredients list :angry2:.

I'm so sick of them doing this. I'm not fooling around with them anymore and their deceptive advertising.
That sucks! I was actually looking forward to trying this line. You just saved me some dollars.

Miss: All APB products...that I brought for Black Friday. I mean they are just okay for me... I thought after all the raves it would be a hit but none of her products were for me.
-APB Ayurvedic hair oil...just meh, too heavy for my hair
-APB Hair and body butta......it's okay
-APB Simple Hair creme...big maybe
-APB Cupaucu Avocado Daily Moisturizer big no for me!

The others are a big maybe if there is a huge sale, other than that they r not staples at this time for me.

I love this, one of the best cowash....better than As I Am to me. I also like Renpure coconut cleansing cowash....my hair loves anything coconut though.
@athenat

This is good to know. :thankyou:

Another Poster sent me EBW's Cowash and I just picked up x2 16oz Renpure's Coconut Cleansing Conditioner yesterday at TJMaxx on Clearance for $3.50 each.

Never tried either of these.

Thank you so much for this Post.:kiss:

Miss:
Shea Moisture listing activated charcoal as a key ingredient in the African Water Mint shampoo and it's not on the ingredients list :angry2:.

I'm so sick of them doing this. I'm not fooling around with them anymore and their deceptive advertising.

I just came from CVS like 10 minutes ago and they only had the African Water Mint Conditioner but I checked the ingredients and that one had charcoal in it. It was like the 6th ingredient. Idk if they miss print labels and don't fix them or what

@athenat
I was so relieved to read your reviews.:hug2: (Especially on the Renpure Coconut Cleansing). I tried to look at some reviews yesterday on YT.

Wanna make sure I didn't blow my Three-Fiddy:giggle:
I would've jumped on it for three fiddy....its a little watery but once u put it on it has good slip to me. It cleanses good to me too.... im heavy handed with conditioners n cleansers, so u might need less.

@vevster You're making me want this!
ETA: I have a Cart now sitting out there.
Remember I used to rave about it when it was 4 n 1 cowash? I hope it's the EXACT same thing. This stuff literally melts my hair if it is indeed what I remember (the smell was a bit skrong though). @IDareT'sHair Please let me know if they have a sale. I would pick up that cowash and the Creme Brulee.

Remember I used to rave about it when it was 4 n 1 cowash? I hope it's the EXACT same thing. This stuff literally melts my hair if it is indeed what I remember (the smell was a bit skrong though). @IDareT'sHair Please let me know if they have a sale. I would pick up that cowash and the Creme Brulee.
It's doesn't have astringent smell.

Back