JANUARY 2011......What Did YOU Buy This Week???? (Hair Care Edition)

aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. i wanted a protein to put in my hair after flat ironing it. even though i knew i didn't have any heat damage i think the extra boost of protein helped kicked my curlies into overdrive. :)

Yeah, so I told myself I wasn't gonna buy anything else until payday but I got them samples of oyin burnt suger and greg juice and I love the way my wash in go came out on Monday with just some GDLI and burnt sugar to seal in the moisture.. I loved it! Not to mention my hair is moist after 3 days. And I love the Greg juice because it detangles without making my hair shrink and great moisture. :-) Now all I need is for Qhem to open back up so I can buy some stuff. lol!

Oyin Burnt Sugar
Greg juice

I couldn't resist:
Aveda Be Curly Prep Lotion
Need some Its A 10 Miracle Leave In
Plus I plan to get 2 more Tangle Teezers

I wasn't supposed to buy anything, just staples. I had a box delivered yesterday evening that included 4 new hair products from The Body Shop. :nono: And I was doing so well, lol. I justified it because I couldn't find my staple DC in stores twice and wanted to try something new. How I ended up with 2 conditioners (Banana Banane, Rainforest Moisture), a shampoo (Rainforest Moisture), and some straightening balm (Macadamia) is another story. :spinning: At least it was all half off.

Oh and the order was taking too long so I purchased another new product at Wal-Mart anyway. Okay, no more buying unless it's a staple, starting... NOW. :lachen:

perm rod
banana clips
QP-DPR 11
Qhemet amla oil nourishing pomade
Qhemet amla & olive heavy creamQhemet Burdock Rood Butter cream

I had the shopping bug this week. I only get them like twice a year so its okay though.

I bought :
--Aphogee 2-step (trying hardcore protein for the 1st time after flat ironing--I usually henna)
--AOHSR
--HE Hello Hydration conditioner
--Giovanni smooth as silk deep moisture conditioner
--Freetress Water Wave hair (about to install crochet braids!)
--Castor Oil
--Coconut Oil
--Lemon and Lavender essential oils (I've been making my own homemade lotions and leave-ins and want to spruce them up with some nice scents)

So far just Kinky Curly Curling Custard and OCT. Gotta always have those available.

I got a good supply of everything else so I don't anticipate having to buy any new products for at least a month.

Sigh... Not supposed to buy anything, but oh well: Hairveda Acai phyto & moist 24/7 condish and Joice moisture treatment balm.

Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesteral. Im going to add oils to beef up the moisture,that will be my staple dc Im trying to use up my stash and only re-buy staples at this point. The only new product I want is the Oyin hair dew. I want to save money and its getting a bit much to keep trying new products.

i got carols daughter hair milk curl definer, hair balm and lisas elixir. it was 25% off plus free shipping. and i also got from curlmart with their 20% off, some oyin burnt sugar and darcys botanicals madagascar vanilla styling creme. damn discounts!

Went to Target today with no intention of buying any products! But, of course somehow the Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack ended up in my basket :ohwell: !! I have never seen or heard of this product, but decided to give it a try because I'm still on vacation and don't have my regular protein treatment with me and the packet was $1.40. Will try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Has anyone else used this product?

I bought and I really like it, the smell is amazing.

I recently bought Organix Morrocan Argan Oil Deep Treatment. I was disappointed that the argan oil is veerrryy far down on the ingredient list, but I like the way it smelled and it actually made my hair very soft.

So after using the Joico K Pak Reconstruct I fell in love. I initially bought:

Joico K Pak Reconstruct
Joice K Pak Clarify Shampoo
Joico Body Luxe Thickening Shampoo

Yesterday I ordered:

Joico Body Luxe Thickening Conditioner
Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner
Joico K-PAK Protective Hairspray
Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner
Joico K-Pak Reconstructor Liquid Reconstructor
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Lotion

Alagio Silk Obsession Smoothing Conditioner- Free Gift

I think I will be going on a hair product no buy challenge very soon.

Wildgrowth oil, NTM leave-in, cholesterol, ORS olive oil moistrzr, Garnier Fructis shine wax (for dd), Garnier Fructis nourish spray (for dd)

aphogee 2 step treatment- my breakage was getting absolutely RIDICULOUS.. I did the moisture thing for about 2 weeks and did a light protein treatment..when that didn't work I tried this and my breakage is not existent on my 7th wk with about an inch of new growth..I probably need to do this every 6-8 wks as they say to do to keep my breakage in check..

I just ordered more Alaffia products. I got the following:

Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner
Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo
Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating Shampoo
Virgin Coconut & Shea Daily Hydrating Conditioner
Neem & Shea Scalp Recovery Conditioner
Shea & Henna Moisturizing Shampoo
2 Jars of Alaffia Shea Deep Conditioner

I am really impressed with these products :yep:.

Last edited:
i bought some aloe vera juice, jojoba oil, and castor oil online from vitamin shoppe.

I also stopped by the bss and got a trial size jar of miss jessies buttercreme, keracare moisturizing/detangling poo, 2 mini jars of chi infared treatedment (the serum), 2 packs of gator clips, and another bag of regular clips. that should do me for awhile (lets hope)

A red Cortex Special Edition Platinum Collection flat iron, it came with a mini flat iron and claw clip. It has temperature control up to 450° only $34.99 @ Marshalls.

Pantene Dry to Moisture or something to that affect, had a $2 off coupon

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

Today I reupped on my staple Aphogee 2 minute - got 15% off

Turbie Towel
Elastic Spa Band for under the steamer
2 EZ Combs
Hydra Caps :)
4 tan wig caps
Spray bottle

I have to go back for my free mini flat iron they didn't have any in stock :grin:

Went crazy after Christmas with all my XMAS monayyyy. :look:

I basically bought my staples in bulk.

(2) Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizers
(1) Bee Mine Growth Serum
(3) SSI Fortifying Masques
(2) SSI Avocado Conditioners
(2) Yes to Carrots Pampering Masques
(1) Applicator bottle for my BM Serum
(1) 4 oz. SSI Seyani Butter
(2) Hair One Olive Oil Cleansers
(1) SSI Coco Creme
(2) Aphogee 2 MIN

I will be good for a looonggg time! I still have so much from BF but I am a hoarder. :look:

Back