JANUARY 2011......What Did YOU Buy This Week???? (Hair Care Edition)

Eco Styler gel (the olive oil one), to try out on my twists. They're starting to look not so neat at the end of the 2 weeks I leave them in for. Hopefully this will help.

A Chi travel pack (sample sizes of their Thermal poo, condish, silk infusion and Iron Guard)
sample size of Pureology Heat Spray

back to ETA: Broke down and purchased Alter Ego's Garlic Conditioner and will purchase Aveda products this week.

Last edited:
sample of ion reconstructor
sample of one 'n only restorative mask
Africa's Best No-Lye Dual Conditioning Relaxer System, Regular / Normal

I was too excited when I saw that an Asian owned BSS carried Dominican hair products. I plan to go back for the La Bomba rinse.

I purchased...
La Bomba Deep treatment for hair (this has ceramides!!!)
Silicon Mix with Pearl Extract

I haven't brought anything yet. But I'm sure the PJ in me will be buying something soon. I have my eye on Anita Grants Rhassoul Deep Condition and I need to buy some more Knot Today because I'm running low.

So far, I've purchased the following:

Shampoo Bar 2 oz. - Hair Biscuit
Conditioning Bar 2 oz. - Hair Boost
Nexxus ProMend Overnight Treatment Creme, 1.9 oz
Nexxus ProMend Conditioner, 13.5 oz
Nexxus ProMend Leave-In Treatment Creme, 4.8 oz
Palmers Deep Conditioning Protein Packs (6 )
Camellia Oil
Nu Gro Moisturizer
Cream of Nature Argan Wrap
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil
Sprush Brushes (2)
Almond, Avocado & Jojoba Oils
Dead Sea Mineral Honey Mask for Dry Hair

Last edited:
I need to go and relook at the rules of the no buy challenge!

I haven't bought anything,buy I have been receiving my orders from before I joined the challenge, so that's fulfilling my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes....I Started it for the New Year.

What are You Ladies Buying?

Didn't officially join the No-Buy Challenge, but supposedly, will try to go through the month of January w/o making a Hair Product Purchase a personal challenge.

Don't Want to Stop Your Fun! What Are You Buying?

Nothing!!! Not until February!!! :look:

Went to Target today with no intention of buying any products! But, of course somehow the Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack ended up in my basket :ohwell: !! I have never seen or heard of this product, but decided to give it a try because I'm still on vacation and don't have my regular protein treatment with me and the packet was $1.40. Will try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Has anyone else used this product?

lets see not much this month, thats for sure! Only a couple of things: Hemp seed oil 32oz, wheat germ oil, more plastic caps, sublimed sulfur and looking into getting the Aztec B. clay

I forgot to add Crisco, peanut oil, Phyto vitamins, and Spirulina caps

Last edited:
Okay, I was only supposed to get the La Bomba rinse, but I picked up 3 Crece Pelo Rinses along with the La Bomba Rinse.

I purchased Miss Jessie's curly pudding and got baby buttecreme free. I plan to try this product on a braid out. I figured now was a good time to try it since it was offering a free product with purchase.

Some headbands and hair sticks, Long and Extra Wide curlformers (took em back cuz my hair was way too short), Ion moisturizing pak and Sallys' generic Chi silk serum. And some clear rubberbands for my ponytail rollersets. :lick:

I was a bad, bad, bad girl this weekend. I need to join the no buy challenge.:sad: So far in 2011, I've purchased the following: Wave Nouveau Mositurizing finishing lotion, Elasta QP Leave in, Jojoba Oil, VO5 CON, Henna, Shower Caps, Coconut Oil, Rose Water, Shea Butter, Black Soap and some other things I can't even remember.:yep:

Good Hair Day Pins
Aphogee 2 minute
Sprush (2)
Rusk Smoother Leave-In
John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum

I was a bad, bad, bad girl this weekend. I need to join the no buy challenge.:sad: So far in 2011, I've purchased the following: Wave Nouveau Mositurizing finishing lotion, Elasta QP Leave in, Jojoba Oil, VO5 CON, Henna, Shower Caps, Coconut Oil, Rose Water, Shea Butter, Black Soap and some other things I can't even remember.:yep:

Girl that ain't nothing ~ but come on over to the no-buy. Start good habits now. :lol::lol::rolleyes:

shea raw moisture condish mask

bio infusion olive oil treatment condish

rosemary oil

peppermint oil

headbands

2 half wigs

alba Unpetroleum jelly

Went to Target today with no intention of buying any products! But, of course somehow the Palmer's Coconut Oil Deep Conditioning Protein Pack ended up in my basket :ohwell: !! I have never seen or heard of this product, but decided to give it a try because I'm still on vacation and don't have my regular protein treatment with me and the packet was $1.40. Will try it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Has anyone else used this product?
you made a good choice. i love that stuff. they need to put it in a bottle because it is:lick: its very creamy.

i bought a tangle teezer :party:
GVP Conditioning Balm (heard great things about this)
Silk Elements Megasilk Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme (repeat purchase- love this stuff)
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil with Argan Oil (was on sale for 5 and i heard good things about it) ♥

Skala G3 Conditioner, Skala Shea Butter Conditioner, 5 oz Nexxus Humerctress Conditioner, and Pantene Moisture Renewal Conditioner, all for 8.50. Gotta love Big Lots!

Last edited:
Ok I bought...
Oyinhandmade:
Honey Hemp conditioner <- LOVING iT!!!!
Frank Juice
Shine and define
Burnt sugar pomade
Whipped pudding= I put it on my skin and I love that it smells like chocolate :)

Cant wait to try them all:lick:

My boyfriend missed the MJ's BoGo.....:nono:

So I dropped by Target to pick up a jar...
Almost bought the Jane Carter Solution's answer to Curly Pudding but descided to go with what I know.

I bought Alter Ego HOT with Garlic and nioxin poo for thin hair... may need to run back for the HC nourish and shine, but I'll hold on for right now

I haven't brought anything yet. But I'm sure the PJ in me will be buying something soon. I have my eye on Anita Grants Rhassoul Deep Condition and I need to buy some more Knot Today because I'm running low.

Ok so I caved in. I brought Anita Grant's Rhassoul Deep Conditioning Heart (2), JessieCurl Weekly Deep Treat (unscented), Sublime sulfur (thinking of making an oil mixture), and Nioxin vitamins.

Hopefully that's it for the month. Have to surpress the PJ in me.

Wait just remembered the Knot Today....Off to Target. :grin:

Back