I've made some progress.. (PICS)

I usually get upset because I feel like my hair is never growing or that I am an unusually slow grower. Regardless, I take pics to keep track of my progress so i can see what's really going on.

I look back on where I was (rock bottom) when I started. Hair broken, no nape, hair discolored, thin and I am glad I made the decision to take another route in regards to hair care.

Throughout, my main goal was to gain thicker hair and regain my texture and natural color. I did just that. I just took out my sew in after about 3 months and I straightened a week and a half later just to see where I am, and I must say, I've made some progress.

start
n8308518_31503655_6701.jpg

semi-BC
shrinkage2.jpg

midway through/major cut
100_5155-1.jpg

today
5495_997869843754_8300812_57037671_7093701_n.jpg

thanks for all the tips ladies.

:clapping: You've made tremendous progress! Your hair looks healthy and beautiful!

Ha ha..., I know what you mean. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks, I had to do a good job for the 'natural wont get straight' haters in my family.

Yeah I kept that junk in for 3 months, and after I took it down, I felt like I coulda done ANOTHER month. The girl who installed it did such a great job that only my new growth was fierce but the braided up hair was clean and neat. I'd do it again. I had shed hair but no tangles, no problems at all. I had a lot of growth. The hair I used was good quality. I washed it every weekend but I never DCd. I condition washed and oiled slightly, but no DC. Im thinking of getting another install and I'll keep it in for 4 I think.

Your hair is lovely, AS USUAL!!!!!:grin:

Cant wait to see your next install and/or progress pics......

By the way, what products are you using to wash and deep condition?

Your hair is lovely, AS USUAL!!!!!:grin:

Cant wait to see your next install and/or progress pics......

By the way, what products are you using to wash and deep condition?

aww thanks MR! I try to keep it simple, I use Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Conditioner to DC and I use Giovanni Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner to wash. I sometimes use a mix of steamed coconut milk/olive oil mixture to DC once a month

This is a testament to this site, and is a beautiful example of what progress looks like to those of us who want long hair and who have always had short hair. Traditionally, I have taken great care of my hair and have had no problems, but it still never grew past just above my shoulders. I thought it was genetic.

Then I had a child....who had WL hair until I cut it to BSL. I know what to do with my own head now...

Your hair is just plain BEAUTIFUL and your progress is amazing!!!! I don't know how long it took and I don't even care. Thank you for sharing.

I hope I get there...

cj

This is a testament to this site, and is a beautiful example of what progress looks like to those of us who want long hair and who have always had short hair. Traditionally, I have taken great care of my hair and have had no problems, but it still never grew past just above my shoulders. I thought it was genetic.

Then I had a child....who had WL hair until I cut it to BSL. I know what to do with my own head now...

Your hair is just plain BEAUTIFUL and your progress is amazing!!!! I don't know how long it took and I don't even care. Thank you for sharing.

I hope I get there...

cj

wow, that's really sweet of you. That's exactly why I posted these pics, because I've seen so many of the newbies and they seem discouraged, annoyed, and even hesitant to go natural. Relaxed or not, getting the right resources at your fingertips can do a whole world of difference.

My hair was looking a hot mess at the end of 2006, and in June 07 after being in braids a while, I cut it even lower than the 'before' pic because I didn't know about detangling. Left with hot mess hair again, I got back in braids and by August 2008, I was back in business. So in essence, I started in about July 07.

Patience and goal setting is the name of this game. I'd like to say that black hair grows just as fast as other races, but I don't really think so, we have to actually work at it. BUT, it does grow. Two things I can say helped: moisturizing & protective styling.

Seriously, thanks for the kind words everyone. I look forward to more surprise progress posts, they always make me smile

Back