I've made some progress.. (PICS)

Wow! You definitely made great progress. You turned the health of your hair around completely. I also like the layers in your hair ... very feminine and pretty.

Gorgeous!

WOW! Your progress is amazing! :) How long did it take for you to get here? What is your regimen?

Nov. 05 was my last relaxer, the same time I realized I needed to change things up. I decided to go natural at that time so my hair could be longer and strong enough to get braids, which I got a first install in March 06 for spring break. I wore braids until Feb 07. I didn't know about detangling before washing, so I had the biggest setback. My mother and I struggled to untangle it, but failed. I actually cut my progress back to SHORTER than that whack start picture.

I went back into braids until August 07 and at around Sept 07 when I started grad school, it grew a bit in time for my school ID

n8300812_46033719_9552.jpg

After a few cuts here and there (that ended in August 08) to cut out all of the relaxer, I'm at where I am now. My regimen is pretty simple. I kept it that way because I was in school and worked. I condition washed twice a week, moisturized, and bunned or did a twistout. Deep conditioned every other week. I just recently got a sew in in May that I just took out 2 days ago. I washed that sew in every weekend.

I love everything about it, the layers, the shine, it's a nice dark black. Your progress is amazing. Can't wait to see more progress in 6 months.

Thanks, I think I'm going to go into another sew in for a couple months. They were so easy and a great protective style.

Hey Nichi! Did u get layers cut in? It looks great!

No, Ive never been to the salon to get a cut. I do my own cutting, (bad i know). I do a decent job. Those 'layers' you see are the remnants of that cut I did due to the braid/tangle fiasco of 07. I just flat iron and add faux layers for style.

Spill the beans on your tips and I agree with the sentiments you are being modest. You have made great progess for what seems like fine textured hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Aww thanks. I think it's more of me knowing I could and should be farther, so I'm a little hard on myself. I always feel like there's no progress but I'm clearly wrong. My hair is super fine, a reason I shouldnt have been throwing perms in my head in the first place.

It looks great Nichi!!! By the time December arrives your hair will be past that "Texas" on your shirt!!! Great Progress!

It actually already is. That picture is from May 08 when I cut from almost APL to SL because of leftover relaxed ends. I'm back to APL now and the 'Texas' is covered. I hope to go even further with my next sew in I plan to have for another 3 months.

Sorry for this being kinda long. Thanks again ladies, for the encouragement, the compliments and all the help over time!

well you already know what I think!! Your hair is beautiful and have come a long way. Keep up the good work.

WOW Nichi!! Absolutely great progress!! You're absolutely right. Sometimes it takes us taking a look at pics to really see our progress. Gorgeous girl..you and your hair!!

You've made awesome progress:yep::yep::yep: I'm surprised the weave checkers haven't held you down to make sure it's REALLY your hair:lachen:

You get a big standing ovation!!!

You've made awesome progress:yep::yep::yep: I'm surprised the weave checkers haven't held you down to make sure it's REALLY your hair:lachen:

You get a big standing ovation!!!

thanks, the weave checkers haven't yet lol. it doesn't matter because I only keep my hair straight for about 2 days before i get tired of it and decide to rock a twistout. straightening is too much work.

Excellent progress! Your flatironing skills are on point! Congratulations on your achievement :).

Back