I've made some progress.. (PICS)

Your hair now is gorgeous! Even Before! And you have such a cute natural texture! Congrats on your good growth.

I usually get upset because I feel like my hair is never growing or that I am an unusually slow grower. Regardless, I take pics to keep track of my progress so i can see what's really going on.

I look back on where I was (rock bottom) when I started. Hair broken, no nape, hair discolored, thin and I am glad I made the decision to take another route in regards to hair care.

Throughout, my main goal was to gain thicker hair and regain my texture and natural color. I did just that. I just took out my sew in after about 3 months and I straightened a week and a half later just to see where I am, and I must say, I've made some progress.

start
n8308518_31503655_6701.jpg

semi-BC
shrinkage2.jpg

midway through/major cut
100_5155-1.jpg

today
5495_997869843754_8300812_57037671_7093701_n.jpg

thanks for all the tips ladies.

Your hair is HOT!! WELL DONE! I really love those layers!

That's some amazing and beautiful progress!!!!
:congrats:
Keep up the good work. A plan and consistency really pays off.​

Wow! Your hair looks so healthy! Do you trim after you flat iron? How often do you trim?

Thanks, I dust after a flat iron because last time i trimmed myself i trimmed an uneven mess in my hair. I just snip a little when I flat iron now.

i knew your hair was beautiful, but i had no idea you were natural! what kind of flat iron/heat protectant do you use?

Yeah, I have very fine hair and relaxers stripped the body/volume/shine/color of my hair so I went natural. I just noticed this is true of my entire family. I use a tool science tourmaline http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/tool-science-digital-tourmaline-styling-iron and the heat protectant i use, I swear by is Smooth n Shine's Silk in Sleek: http://www.folica.com/Smooth__N_Shine_d4571.html

You and your hair are gorgeous! Love the sheen and body of your hair in the last pic. Congrats on your progress!

Beautiful hair!!! Your hair looks awesome when it's straighten - like a fresh relaxer!

Did you say you kept the weave in for 3 months? You have no problems keeping it in so long? Do you DC while in weave?

Last edited:
Beautiful hair!!! Your hair looks awesome when it's straighten - like a fresh relaxer!

Did you say you kept the weave in for 3 months? You have no problems keeping it in so long? Do you DC while in weave?

Thanks, I had to do a good job for the 'natural wont get straight' haters in my family.

Yeah I kept that junk in for 3 months, and after I took it down, I felt like I coulda done ANOTHER month. The girl who installed it did such a great job that only my new growth was fierce but the braided up hair was clean and neat. I'd do it again. I had shed hair but no tangles, no problems at all. I had a lot of growth. The hair I used was good quality. I washed it every weekend but I never DCd. I condition washed and oiled slightly, but no DC. Im thinking of getting another install and I'll keep it in for 4 I think.

Back