It's possible! 0" to SL in 1 year! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charla

I'm soooo excited that I had to share!

This is all my growth from my last relaxer of Oct 22, 2010 (minus a trim in March of 0.25"-0.5"). I took my cornrows out today and did an impromtu LC and low and behold I'm SL!

:dance7::bouncy:

Piki shows March and August
Attachments
1. 1/2/11 -- My relaxed hair that's broken at the nape from wig combs.
2. Today -- reaches collarbone!
3. Today -- Still have about 1/2 inch under Dh's large finger!
4. Today -- stretches about 1.5-2" above fro!
5. Mar-Aug

Attachments

• HHJ 1-2-11.jpg
    HHJ 1-2-11.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_3726.jpg
    IMG_3726.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_3721.jpg
    IMG_3721.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 807
  • growth mar aug.jpg
    growth mar aug.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,147
Last edited:
Congrats on the growth. Your hair looks very thick. But I regret to inform you that you are not shoulder length yet. You are getting there though.

Congrats on the growth. Your hair looks very thick. But I regret to inform you that you are not shoulder length yet. You are getting there though.

Not to play Captain Save an OP, but technically she's not even one year yet, so in Janurary of of 2012 she will more than likely be SL. I do see that she claimed SL, but it doesn't matter though. She has some growth to be proud of and if claiming SL makes her feel better then :yawn: so be it....

:lol: Have a good day y'all.

Charla, your hair looks awesome! So healthy and lush! Conditioning and oiling is worth it! Lol

Nice progress, but I don't think you started from 0. I was looking for baldie pics. You started out with relaxed hair. Correct me if I'm wrong.I'm confused dammit! :lol:

Not to play Captain Save an OP, but technically she's not even one year yet, so in Janurary of of 2012 she will more than likely be SL. I do see that she claimed SL, but it doesn't matter though. She has some growth to be proud of and if claiming SL makes her feel better then :yawn: so be it....

:lol: Have a good day y'all.

I know it came off mean. I don't believe in lying to people or being hypocritical. If its not shoulder I will say it. She made great progress. I know soon she will be there and I'm very happy for her. To me shoulder is when your hair touches your actual shoulders. Falling a bit short of that is nothing to feel bad about. I BCed I'm 1 year and 4 months post BC myself.

So wait, you grew out your relaxer? And you are transitioning?

I'm all natural. I cut off all the relaxed hair in March (see pikistrip.)

Nice progress, but I don't think you started from 0. I was looking for baldie pics. You started out with relaxed hair. Correct me if I'm wrong.I'm confused dammit! :lol:

For me this is starting from 0 because this is all my growth since my relaxer 12 months ago. So I had 0" of ng and this is my progress thru now.

I know it came off mean. I don't believe in lying to people or being hypocritical. If its not shoulder I will say it. She made great progress. I know soon she will be there and I'm very happy for her. To me shoulder is when your hair touches your actual shoulders. Falling a bit short of that is nothing to feel bad about. I BCed I'm 1 year and 4 months post BC myself.

Anyone who's been on LHCF for a minute knows what to expect when they post their progress. But if having my hair come to my collarbone in the front and 2.5" past my shoulders in the back is still not considered SL in some people's eyes, then so be it. :ohwell:

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. My ultimate goal of MBL seems like more of a reality now that I've accomplished SL as a natural. Deciding to become natural and starting my HHJ at the same time as resulted in the healthiest, strongest hair I've ever had as an adult!

As far those asking about my reggie, I try to keep it super simple.
Cowash 1x per week my strands, sulfate free shampoo on my scalp.
Sulfur oil and scalp massages every other day.
Protective styling nearly 100%
Moisturize and seal as needed, usually every 2-3 days.
Satin scarf to bed.
1x month chelate with Quantum, immediately followed by med protein treatment of ORS+egg.

Last edited:

But the third picture shows her hair stretched below her shoulders. Are you looking at the last pic? That was in Aug.

Congrats Charla. I too measured my one year growth starting from 1 inch of new growth and then checking a year later and I had 5-6 inches of natural hair. So I got what you were talking about.

As far those asking about my reggie, I try to keep it super simple.
Cowash 1x per week my strands, sulfate free shampoo on my scalp.
Sulfur oil and scalp massages every other day.
Protective styling nearly 100%
Moisturize and seal as needed, usually every 2-3 days.
Satin scarf to bed.
1x month chelate with Quantum, immediately followed by med protein treatment of ORS+egg.

@Charla, what are your protective styles? Some of us act like being asked to PS is being asked to eat spinach when you're 4 and prefer ice cream. :lol: (Yeah, I'm talmbout myself. Plus I give the excuse that if I had Mwedzi's hair, I'd be PSing coz it's long and easy to do. :hide: ) So do you mean you low mani or are you keeping ends completely hidden, and if so what styles do you rock?

After SL then PS becomes essential if you really want to reach goals fast (clearly I'm on a stroll myself :lol: ) so if you already have some you like, then you will probably have the same steady progress from now on.

So yeah, do tell your PSing methods.

TIA

Last edited:

Ummm... How u figure? Now I'm confused because if your hair can touch your actual shoulder, it can also touch your [edited:arm pit ] collarbone. In that case, there's no difference btw the two.

To each her own, but according to the charts, that's SL. :ohwell:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back