It's official they think I'm crazy because of my hair plate

leona2025

My sister seen my hair plate and she was like your husband thinks you're crazy huh? My husband seen it and he was like could you please keep your voodoo on your side of the sink? My dad said my husband was going to divorce me because I'm always in Sally's. If my mom calls me and ask where I am and I say why she says tell me your aren't at the beauty supply store. Lol. So they think I'm crazy.:lachen::lachen::lachen: My hair plate is just a plate that I tape samples of strain tests from hair colors so I can remember what I did to get a particular color and whether I liked it or not before I do my whole head. Seems logical to me. Is that crazy?:spinning:I guess if some one just seen it in the bathroom they w ould look at me sideways.

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen:What if I put color in my hair and it comes out orange? How many of ya'll would see me on the street and be like yep that's nikos cousin right there.:lachen::lachen::lachen: I do put it under the counter when not in use. I have about 20 different colors I have tried, but none of them have made it to the actually being used on my hair. I'm thinking about calling it quits and then I see another LHCFer with self done color and it starts all over again.

It does look crazy. Maybe you can just take a picture of the colors and toss the plate? Then when you want to you can always refer back to the photograph.

That plate scares me...and if I ever went to someone's house and saw that I would never go to their house again (at least not until we had a good long talk about it).

I mean it's a good idea, but why a plate and not a piece of cardboard or something.

And if none of them give you a color you like then why do you keep them. Maybe you can just take pics and put them in a fotki.

The only reason I use the plate is because it was in the bathroom when I came up with the idea. I usually mix my conditioners on a plate or in a bowl I can throw a way. The only reason I keep all the colors is so I can also have a record of what I tried and didn't like so I won't try it again. How many times have you ladies tried to capture color or shine or even a hair style on your camera and when you see it doesn't look anything like it does in real life?

My sister seen my hair plate and she was like your husband thinks you're crazy huh? My husband seen it and he was like could you please keep your voodoo on your side of the sink? My dad said my husband was going to divorce me because I'm always in Sally's. If my mom calls me and ask where I am and I say why she says tell me your aren't at the beauty supply store. Lol. So they think I'm crazy.:lachen::lachen::lachen: My hair plate is just a plate that I tape samples of strain tests from hair colors so I can remember what I did to get a particular color and whether I liked it or not before I do my whole head. Seems logical to me. Is that crazy?:spinning:I guess if some one just seen it in the bathroom they w ould look at me sideways.
View attachment 23753

:look::look::look: Um..... OK....................You are a hair sista... so I will keep the commentary to a minimum.... Much Love!..

Hmm guess that is crazy. I'll throw it away. Ya'll better not say nothing negative when I post about a horrible green hair color.:lachen:

Ok I'd look at you sideways if I went into your bathroom and saw that too. I understand why you're doing it so I don't suggest throwing it way. You could just keep it in a ziplock bag and retire it and upgrade to cardboard maybe? Or transfer the color strips to cardboard?

I like the color strips idea. I'm going to dye my hair tonight and if it comes out like I hope I can throw it all away.

That is kind of weird looking.

Why not just keep a list of the brands and colors that didn't work? Or, if you need that visual aid, cut the top or side of the color box (the part that shows the color and brand) and keep them in a ziplock bag under your sink.

That is kind of weird looking.

Why not just keep a list of the brands and colors that didn't work? Or, if you need that visual aid, cut the top or side of the color box (the part that shows the color and brand) and keep them in a ziplock bag under your sink.

Umm I'm not using box color. I use the kind that comes in the 2 oz bottles that you mix. They don't have pics. What I do is I use the luminize and I leave it on the hair for different amounts of times and see how light or what color the hair changes. Then I apply different rinses to see what gives the best colors.

:lachen::lachen:no wonder they think your crazy but i get the idea it makes sense:yep:.

if i ever make a hair plate i'm hiding it. people think i'm crazy enough with all this hair stuff i don't want them to think i've finally gone over the edge but i like your idea power to you

:lachen::lachen:no wonder they think your crazy but i get the idea it makes sense:yep:.

if i ever make a hair plate i'm hiding it. people think i'm crazy enough with all this hair stuff i don't want them to think i've finally gone over the edge but i like your idea power to you

I want to get the color right the first time. I would hate to have to go back and try to fix something.

I actually see nothing wrong with it,lol. Maybe not on a plate though. I guess the lines between that and what people actually use a plate for is what the disturbing part is. But the idea is not crazy at all newbie sister. ;)

why don't you get a small notebook and tape the different hair sample to them, and write the brand of hair color and processing time next to it.

What you are doing makes sense, but the sight of hair stuck onto a plate will make almost anyone uncomfortable. Please get the notebook

Last edited:
LMAO @ the replies!
OP, don't throw it away. I laughed too then thought to myself what a great idea. Maybe you can buy an album or notebook and put each hair in there. That way you can also write notes. If I used dye I'd steal your idea LOL probably because I'm as crazy as you are LOL

I say do whatever you need to do for your hair.

I just would not be showing something like that to everyone.

That's private. It folks saw most of the things we need to keep private, we would all be considered nuts.

Hide it girl.

And after some time, I say, um - go ahead and get rid of it.

why don't you get a small notebook and tape the different hair sample to them, and write the brand of hair color and processing time next to it.

What you are doing makes sense, but the sight of hair stuck onto a plate will make almost anyone uncomfortable. Please get the notebook

Great idea. :yep:

I love love this ideal. It's kinda hard to put notes on plastic. I could definitely keep a better record of what works and what doesn't and processing time. Thanks so much.:grin: I could also use it to write notes and keep track of what conditioners and other products I liked.

Back