It's Friday!!!!! What are you doing with your hair this weekend?

A mother's day twist out!!! Because I love this hair style on me (now) and I'm trying to perfect it.. Gotta go stalk down some "curls" products at a local salon...lol..yeah it's that serious.

Last night I rollerset using Elucence MB as a leave in and sealed with a little castor oil on the ends. My hair is soooo heavy and greasy. I don't think I should have used the castor oil.:nono: I really want to wash and rollerset again tonight. I think I may be doing too much though:look:
Looking at your hair in your avatar and siggy, I can see castor oil being a bit too heavy for your tresses. Have you tried a serum or maybe grapeseed oil?

A henna treatment and deep condish.

YUP!!:yep:

Me, too. I'll be overnit'ing with NUPUR HENNA, and then tomorrow, I'll wash & DC with my conditioners/oils/honey mixture...mmmmmm.....:lick:...can't wait.

I'll be looking Fresh-to-Death on Mother's Day.........IN MY BUN!!!! LOL!!!!:lachen::lachen:

Yes, that's very educational. Hopefully it'll teach these little girls to stop lying about who their baby daddy's are :lachen: I LOVE the paternity shows, they're my guilty pleasure :giggle:

I love when the girls are all beligerent yelling "I'm a billion percent sure he's the daddy!!!!" And then the guy isn't the dad :lachen:

I've noticed when a girl says anything over 110%, the guy is never the dad. I love hearing the girls say "I'm a thousand percent sure!" cause that's the tipoff that she's about to run off the stage, crying :lachen: I'm so bad :lol:

:lachen:tiffers, you aint never lied!!! and then they further piss the viewers off by crying all out of control like they are so damn shocked at the results!!! knowing full well they know they were giving the cookies away to several and not just the one they claim is their baby daddy...

Ok so now back on the topic @ hand...

debating whether or not to touch up this weekend... i am 12 weeks post today, and am trying to go 16 weeks, but I am tired of these heifers in here looking at my curly pony tail crossed-eyed.... they can't understand the concept of healthy hair, which is probably why most of theirs is jacked up.

Last edited:
earlier today i deep conditioned with jane carters conditioner. it was my first time using it and i must say im in love. then i co washed with hello hydration and did a wash and go puff puff. i used kbb hair milk as a leave in, blended beauty curl styling butter as a moisturizer and just a little sweet hair pudding to elongate my curls. i slicked my hair back into the puff with the pink eco styler gel.
this weekend i will continue to do this using different products as leave ins and moisturizers.

I am going to try to wash/dc in between ds bball games tomorrow and do a twist out for mothers day. If not I will do my dc Sunday. And I want to do and amla treatment.

Tonight, I will be DC'g overnight with LeKair Cholesterol plus. Tomorrow morning after I work out, I will rinse it out with cool water followed by a trim and roller set. I will use very little Cantu shea leave-in and a dab of EVOO for my rollerset.
This will be my first time as a natural rollersetting my hair. I think it will be easier for me to notice the splint ends as I began to roll the hair.
Wish me luck!

Looking at your hair in your avatar and siggy, I can see castor oil being a bit too heavy for your tresses. Have you tried a serum or maybe grapeseed oil?
I only serum I have tried is paul mitchell super skinny and it was a little heavy too. Mizani has a serum that works well when my stylist uses it, maybe I should try it. I think I will pick up some grapeseed oil this weekend.

I think castor oil is a no no in general... it's like worse than maple syrup! It's so heavy and sticky!
Girl what? It is thick like syrup. But I do like it on curly hair because it keeps the frizz away. I will neva eva eva use it again on a rollerset. I am pissed thinking about starting over again tonight.

I plan to try out my Qhemet Burdock Root Creme and Amla pomade! I'm excited! I'll do a deep conditioning treatment along with a rollerset. I'll rollerset with my Rosewater and Qhemet BRC. Hope it comes out great!

Attachments

• after roller wrap.jpg
    after roller wrap.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
detangle and DC with giovanni deeper moisture con. and then do a wet bun with qhemet burdock buttercream and olive and honey balm.... Gotta get my hair back in some major protective styling, because when I had my hair in a loose puff (see siggy) for the first time in forever I noticed that the joke of a dye job I did awhile ago is still causing breakage :( :wallbash:

-Just did a 20 min protein treatment on dry hair (egg, vatika oil, conditioner)--loves it!
-Shampoo'd with Redken gentle poo
-Now d'c with Garnier 3 min mask..first time using this condish so we'll see....:spinning:

Just finished co-washing and now I'm air drying with my silk scarf. I'll probably co-wash again tomorrow if I get a chance to fit a workout into my schedule. I plan on doing a dc with light protein on Sunday. And of course, I'm still wearing my boring bun as my protective style.....:ohwell:

I plan to Clarify with my Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea, and Jojoba Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner and follow up under My Steamer for an Hour with Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream, use PC as a Final Rinse and a little Alter Ego Nourish Spa for a leave in, leading up to Memorial Weekend, when I will try my 2nd Attempt at Self-Relaxing.

Overnight conditioning with WEN/Vatika oil
Cleanse in a.m.
Deep condition for a few hours afterwards..

I plan to henna tomorrow and deep condition my hair... Sunday I will wear a braidout - love them...I am hoping the henna willl help thicken my hair up...it is really thin :(... this will be my second one.

Last edited:
I plan to henna tomorrow and deep condition my hair... Sunday I will wear a braidout - love them...I am hoping the henna willl help thicken my hair up...it is really thin :(... this will be my second one.

Are you doing just the Henna or are you using Indigo too?

Washing, conditioning and doing a rollerset:drunk: with infusium leave in, and an oil of choice. Getting ready for a :wallbash: - haven't done this in a while.

Just recieved my first 'silicon mix' deep conditioner in the mail.
tried it with a bit of olive oil.
twisted my hair and waited.
rinsed off, towel dried,
did 4 twists again and moisturized with kid's organic shea butter moisturising lotion,
tied a scarf on and going to sleep.

I'm definitely scheduling trips to either toronto or new york to buy batches of that silicon mix. It will definitely help with my stretch and a possible transition. who knows....

Girl what? It is thick like syrup. But I do like it on curly hair because it keeps the frizz away. I will neva eva eva use it again on a rollerset. I am pissed thinking about starting over again tonight.

IA, castor-JBCO specifically-is definitely a staple for me. Love on wng's too :yep: That oil has kept my ends pristine.

Undid my weave ... curly... was getting too fuzzy for my liking. I've drenched in EVOO over night (pre-poo) and will cassia, DC and all that good stuff. I'm off to buy some kind of rollers, 'coz I want to try CurlyNikki's Twist'n'Curl ... Inspired by Mystic's Yarn Braids thread, I might make a start on those too Sunday afternoon.

I'm doing an overnight hot oil treatment with amla oil. I plan to shampoo and d/c tomorrow, and try my hand at shingling with shea butter cholesterol. Wish me luck.

Change of plans. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow :yay: so I washed w/black soap, dc'd w/Elucence Moisture Recovery, Capilo avocado y carrot & EVCO, rinsed and applied John Freida red glaze for about 10 minutes then rinsed. I'm air drying over night, flat ironing in the morning. Wish me luck, idk how much I'll be getting cut off. :look:

Prepooing overnight with ao hsr, then wash with elucence clari/vol poo, dc with jessicurl wdt and then plait with afrodetangler.

Back