it just bothers me when black women say

Lilmama1011

They will never wear their real hair because of the texture (cotton). We have been going through this for several hundred years and grown women are still saying this and I assume we pass it along to our children. It makes us look so ignorant.

Watch "HAIR TUTORIAL- Truth About WEAVE, WIGS, COLOR AND…" on YouTube
HAIR TUTORIAL- Truth About WEAVE, WIGS, COLOR AND…: http://youtu.be/dBTcR-K_jZw

Her hair looks dry just because she probably take more care of the weave than her real hair. Her closure looks nice. But I could see a child saying something like that, but an adult in the lime light shouldn't do that. That comment rubbed me the wrong way!

I only got a minute and 45 seconds into the video. I just could get with her pulling god into it. She was basically saying god wants her to be beautiful so he is making it possible for her to get this weave. I have so many issues with the minute 45 seconds I did watch. I can only imagine what the rest contained. I don't have anything against weaves and wigs but I don't need them to make feel or be beautiful.

I only got a minute and 45 seconds into the video. I just could get with her pulling god into it. She was basically saying god wants her to be beautiful so he is making it possible for her to get this weave. I have so many issues with the minute 45 seconds I did watch. I can only imagine what the rest contained. I don't have anything against weaves and wigs but I don't need them to make feel or be beautiful.

I agree. I thought it was weird to keep pulling religion into her weaves lol

I notice a lot of things that other people do cause you to feel a strong response (or at least strong enough to comment on), based on your history of posts. When it comes down to it people do what they want to do. Besides when you focus on what is going on that is positive with you, the negativity doesn't matter as much. I would love to see more positive posts from you about what you love with your hair and your regimen.

Ummm..... huh?

I seriously don't know where you get that from. Most people on here know I am a random poster. I post about anything I encounter on you tube or life in general. I might post about hair, videos I thought was funny, just random things. You made me sound suicidal or like I loose sleep over things I post. Just like anyone on here, I post what I want and it's your decision to contribute if you want . And there is no shade in this comment either. Because I know how we can misinterpret moods in writing lol. Lylddlebit

I got something different from the video,... Is she like a christian comedian... Just trying to much... After like the 2 min mark you get a better grasp of where she is coming from...

Not so much cottony hair, but hair that does not hold a curl... Hair that you cant do too much to as far as colors, cutting, etc... Wigs gives her the chance to switch things up continously...

I get what she meant. My first reaction when I read the OP was.....it's her hair, why do you care? But I shrugged and moved on. Besides, I like OP's posts.

ETA: just looked at a few minutes of this video. What I saw kinda turned my stomach. I too hate to see people fawning over weave hair like that. She's talking about that hair, like I talk and feel about my own and how she should be talking and feeling about her own hair. It's really sad.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the OP. The way this woman was proselytizing about using poor Indian women's hair to make herself beautiful in the eyes of God and man sounded almost blasphemous to me, and I am not a particularly religious woman. I think her spiritual energy would be better spent cultivating her inner beauty, as well as tending to the beautiful garden that was already on her head, since from what I saw, she has a very nice head of natural hair. :ohwell:

I think most of us were like that at one point or another. We didn't feel our hair looked good without the perm, etc... Now that we're all "enlightened" or whatever, it's easy to look down on people that haven't gotten there YET but we should resist the temptation to do so. Maybe she'll "get it" one day.

I think most of us were like that at one point or another. We didn't feel our hair looked good without the perm, etc... Now that we're all "enlightened" or whatever, it's easy to look down on people that haven't gotten there YET but we should resist the temptation to do so. Maybe she'll "get it" one day.

Sorry, I was never like this.

Sorry, I was never like this.

That's fantastic but most of us were (although I'm sure folks will deny it). This entire forum used to be all about relaxers and based on what I've seen walking through life, most black women wore relaxers or Silky Straight weaves once weaves became a thing. Even when it became popular to go natural, natural was all about "curl pattern". People lost sleep... posted 10,12,15 picks until at least one person said they were a 3C. Soooo....this lady being uncomfortable about her God-given hair texture isn't that unusual AT ALL.

After watching that entire video, I think I hate weaves.

@Lilmama1011, I think you're right. There is something very creepy about the way she's worshiping that weave. And she needs to leave God out of it.

Last edited:
Meh

There's a certain kind of holy ghost filled woman of a certain age who would respond positively to the sales pitch being thrown out in that video.

For all the hoopla that women get about artificial accessories, the lady in the video seriously upgraded her appearance through wigs and makeup.

I got something different from the video,... Is she like a christian comedian... Just trying to much... After like the 2 min mark you get a better grasp of where she is coming from...

Not so much cottony hair, but hair that does not hold a curl... Hair that you cant do too much to as far as colors, cutting, etc... Wigs gives her the chance to switch things up continously...
Yeah, I watched where she talked about her hair and didn't feel like she was being negative. When people I ask me why I wear crochet braids instead of wearing my natural hair out, I basically say the same thing she said: "'Cause I don't wanna!" :lol:

I wouldn't worship my own hair like that and definitely not something off someone else's head. That is a bit over the top. I hope she was not serious.

Back