Is your dh or so shorter than you??

ZLUVSNEWZEE

My future hubby is 5'6 and petite and I'm 5'9 and good n thick. Anybody else in a serious relationship with a man who is significantly shorter or smaller than you? I know one other woman who is a natural head beauty who has a midget husband but that's it. Share your thoughts sisters

We're the same OP. I'm 5'9 and dh is 5'6-5'7. We were both very thin for a few years ~130lbs and now he's around 165, me 180...sigh

Nope, I'm 5' 4" & he's 6' 4" but if you love each other, height isn't all that important. You said he's your future hubby, so you already said yes right? If he doesn't mind being shorter and smaller than you, then you shouldn't either. :)

My ex was 5'4 and me 5'6 and to be honest I knew it wasn't going to work, I want to feel protected by my man, not like I have to protect him smh

cheryl26 said:
We're the same OP. I'm 5'9 and dh is 5'6-5'7. We were both very thin for a few years ~130lbs and now he's around 165, me 180...sigh

Its nice to know I'm not the only one

No way. Thank God! I think he's like 6'1" or 6'2". I remember wearing these really cute heels once, and I was like an inch taller than him, and he didn't like it at all. lol I didn't like it either.

ETA: I"m 5'9"

I dated someone that was the same height as me, and he was very self conscious because of that. I had to stop wearing heels around him, and that started to piss me off. After we broke up, I understood how much it really bothered him. He said he would often think about taller guys approaching me if we went out somewhere. He said he'd picture me looking up at them, and then back down at him. :blush: He said that image was on his mind alot. :lol: His wife is about 5'4", so she's perfect for him.:yep:

Last edited:
Heck my guy is only 5'11. I am 5'8 and love heels. I don't think size matters anymore than looks if he is spoiling you and being the real head of household. You gon forever get stares but who gives a damn what others really think as long as you are happy. LOL Are you happy?

In my early 20's my BF was about 5' 9" and I'm 5'10 1/2". He was a bodybuilder and at the time I didn't wear heels...purposely because of the height thing. I remember always slumping over when I stood next to him. I still cringe when I see old pics of us together in a nice dress and frumpy flats Uggh! Oh yeah, and seeing his little short legged pants on the ironing board would always look so funny. :lachen:He didn't care about the height thing but I obviously was the one with the issue. I did feel protected though because he was a bodybuilder.

That was before I learned to embrace my height and I love it now!! I still don't like guys shorter than me :nono: because I feel more feminine and protected when I look up to them. My last ex was 6'6 and I used to have to stand on my tippy toes to kiss him so I'm spoiled rotten now!! Unfortunately, the short guys are the main ones always tapping me on the shoulder trying to climb up. Uggh!!

Ever since then I NEVER dated a man shorter than me or anywhere near my height. I have a 6'2 minimum because I LOOOOOVE to wear heels and don't wear flats anymore.

I can't help what I like though. But it's not a big deal to most people.

I'm 5'5.5-6" and he's about 5'9". In heels, I'm about the same height. It's not a big deal, just makes kissing easier. :grin:

My SO is a few inches taller than me. I think we're considered a 'same height' couple since our height difference isn't that widely noticeable. I'm 5'6.5 and he's 5'9 *maybe* 5'10 with boots. With heels I'm a little bit taller than him.

I used to date only tall guys. Like 6'1 was my minimum height requirement so when I first started dating him, I was more conscious about his height and I cared a lot about the image. I would even google tall girls dating short guys or something like that to kind of compare myself to other couples. But now, I've pretty much gotten over it. It doesn't bother him and we're happy with each other so who cares what anyone else thinks.

RegaLady yes, the Obamas are very close in height. I remember googling them and their height :lol:

I stand 5'1" tall!
My ex was about 6-1 and the person a dated before my SO was about 6-2.

I wish my SO was taller (he's about 5'10")but the way he treats me makes him tall *sigh*

*barf*

I stand 5'1" tall!
My ex was about 6-1 and the person a dated before my SO was about 6-2.

I wish my SO was taller (he's about 5'10")but the way he treats me makes him tall *sigh*

*barf*

What? :lol: I don't know what's funnier, the barf at the end or the idea that there probably IS a woman somewhere with an SO who is 9'' taller than her & that's almost but not quite good enough :spinning: Height preferences are totally understandable but sometimes I just scratch my head and look like :confused:

DH and I are the same height, roughly 5'7", which means when we go out I'm usually taller than him b/c of the heels. We don't have an issue with it. And for him, the higher the heel the better.

I am happy with him and he is definitely my match which makes me feel soul mated to him. I do however feel the height difference. I used to require that guys be a certain height also but ive always crushed on the short guy. Its weird because I wish he was taller but he's the kind of guy that I would always be in love with in school. I don't know what it is that makes me attracted to short ones and honestly I thought I was over it but I guess not. He says he likes that I'm taller even though he's never dated a woman taller than him and he suffers from short mans disease which is annoying. I used to feel like how is he going to protect me and my child but I stopped worrying about it when he almost lost it on this guy who keeps bugging me at work to the point where I can't bring him to my job anymore and he is always very protective of my daughter and I. I'm more calm and quiet so he will speak up for me. He might lose a fight with somebody bigger but he'd die trying before they had a chance to get to us. Also he has an energy level that I really like that I haven't seen with other men I've dated that were bigger and my age

my dude and i are about the same height 5'6 ish and he is 135 and I am nowhere near the weight lol. He likes when I wear heels, he likes tall women

No, I'm 5'6 and fh is 6'4

But my ex --daughter's father was 5'4, I remember feeling a bit awkward, but he was so dern proud :lol:...eventually I got over it.

NO WAY! I have never been attracted to men shorter than me, or even a few inches taller.
My husband is a full foot taller than me at 6'4".

I am 5'3 and I have never dated anyone under 6 feet which pisses my tall friends off, even the married ones.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using LHCF (I hate this phone)

I am 5'0 and I once dated a guy who is 4'11. Made me feel like I was abusing a child at times. On the other hand I dated a guy who was 6'5 and folks said we looked so odd together like a giant with a midget, lol.

If you love him though that is all that matters especially if he is a good man.

this is off subject but I been tryin to figure out what DH, DD, SO all those abbreviations means plz clue the clueless person in!!! plz

My SO is a few centimeters taller than me so when I wear heels I definitely tower above him. He doesnt care, but still sometimes I wear a flat or kitten heel in order not to look like I am out with my little brother :lachen:

Back