Is this Beauty Queen Nikkos cousin???

ChocalateDiva

Our local television station (WRKN Nashville) has a beautiful new reporter with nice, thick, luscious BSL-MBL hair. I admire it every time that I see her on television.

I googled her and found out that she is/was Miss Colorado USA 2000, Top 10 Miss USA contestant, Christian Dior and Fendi model and is a native of Waco, TX.

I couldn’t find any great pics of her hair but TRUST- its lovely. :yep:

I was not brave enough to ask her if she was Niko’s cousin LOL. But I did email hair yesterday and ask her a few questions about her hair. I was crossing my fingers that she would not think that I was a nutcase…………..:ohwell:

Her response is below. Do you all think that she is Niko’s cousin or just a lady that knows how to take care of her hair?

Hi Lavonda,

Thank you for the compliment. I know what it’s like to try and get your hair back in shape. I stopped several years ago putting relaxers and color in my hair and I believe that made the biggest difference.

I was told by a scalp expert that relaxers strip the natural oils from your scalp. They told me to not only stop using relaxers, but to stop using oil on my scalp and hair. To do this I made sure I was using moisturizing shampoos and conditioners that didn’t contain any alcohol (most shampoos and conditioners have alcohol in them so check the ingredients). My scalp is now naturally very oily…so much so, I often find myself having to wash my hair twice a week.

Also I began limiting the amount of heat I put on my hair to once or twice a week and I made sure I was washing my hair once or twice a week. I wrap my hair every night….and I hate doing this, but it helps.

My favorite hair products are Ojon and I buy them at Sephora. They have a spray leave in conditioner called revitalizing mist that is wonderful, and they also have Ojon restorative hair treatment which I put in my hair, leave in overnight, and then wash out in the morning. All of their products are great! As for shampoo and conditioner, I switch up all the time just making sure their moisturizing.

And last, I would invest in a shower head with a filter, because the water here is very hard, and I’m finding it to be very damaging to my hair. You can find a good one for a little under a hundred dollars.

Hope this helps,

Tiani Jones

TianiJones.jpg

lg

74914362371.gif

I need to figure out what this whole nikko's cousin & "that girl" business is about. newbie blues. :nono:

I need to figure out what this whole nikko's cousin & "that girl" business is about. newbie blues. :nono:

Awww- get rid of them blues. Just ask for questions. I cant help with the "that girl" stuff cause I dont hang out in the off topic much.

Nikko's cousin is anyone who is a member of this board. Basically it's like a secret handshake, if you see someone with nice hair, you might ask her if she's Nikko's cousin which is code for are you a member of LHCF.

Here's an old thread about it...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ghlight=nikkos

I think I saw her reporting here in Dallas several months ago! She DOES have beautiful hair and that was very nice of her to take time to reply to you.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if she's a cousin, but her hair sure is pretty! It was so nice of her to respond and give her regimen, I love seeing black women help each other out :yep:

Her hair is banging!

OT: so relaxers strip the scalp of oil? And not using oil at all gets the scalp to start reproducing natural oils? Hmmm.....

My mom has long hair about 1 1/2 inches from BS....and she dont do anything to it...I mean she brushes the heck out of her hair, but her edges show for it she does the basic stuff put oil moisturizer on it and washes it every week, but that's it.....but just on the length it nice and her ends do look healthy...you would think she may be a forum lady but she is not even close. Sum woman can still achieve length and not really know how to take care of it.......but I dont think it will ever be past BS..... IMO.

Last edited:
Beautiful hair, beautiful spirit! How lovely that she took the time to respond, i can only imagine how many emails she gets daily, on a variety of topics.

Well she doesnt look familiar at all......... so if she is Nikos' cousin she doesnt have a profile pic posted on here. :grin:

Her hair is very beautiful...I wonder how she gets it straight...

...........ditto
OP, email her back and ask her if she flat irons herself or if the station has a stylist that does her hair. I like how nice, straight and silky looking it is!

(I'm serious about asking how she gets her hair straight though:yep:...go on and email her again.....for me......and for everyone else that wants to know......her hair is gorgeous!!)

Also, it was really nice of her to take the time to respond to you. Hope she responds to your next email too:grin: (you remember; the one you are going to send her asking her about flat ironing/pressing her hair)

BB

So she does use oil on her hair. Ojon Restorative Treatment is Palm Nut Oil in a solid form. Her hair is beautiful!!! :yep: Ojon now has the Tawaka line which has a sulfate-free cleanser for hair, face, and body. I wonder if she was referring to this or their original hydrating shampoo:ohwell:.

So she does use oil on her hair. Ojon Restorative Treatment is Palm Nut Oil in a solid form. Her hair is beautiful!!! :yep: Ojon now has the Tawaka line which has a sulfate-free cleanser for hair, face, and body. I wonder if she was referring to this or their original hydrating shampoo:ohwell:.

I dont think she uses Ojon shampoo. She said that she switches up shampoos and conditioners all the time- just making sure they are moisturizing.

...........ditto
OP, email her back and ask her if she flat irons herself or if the station has a stylist that does her hair. I like how nice, straight and silky looking it is!

(I'm serious about asking how she gets her hair straight though:yep:...go on and email her again.....for me......and for everyone else that wants to know......her hair is gorgeous!!)

Also, it was really nice of her to take the time to respond to you. Hope she responds to your next email too:grin: (you remember; the one you are going to send her asking her about flat ironing/pressing her hair)

BB

Okay!! I emailed her and just got a response. Here's what she said.

Hi Lavonda,

I straighten my hair with a flat iron…I can’t think of the brand, but, It’s not one of those terribly expensive flat irons, in fact I bought it at Target for about 30 or $40 (It’s brown with pink titanium plates). I spend about an hour flat ironing really tiny sections…it’s a pain, but that’s how I get it super straight.

Tiani Jones

Back