Is this an Astrology thing or just a cohabitating thing?

Nayna

Unbothered
So lately everyone has been discussing relationships a lot. We are all getting into our thirties and getting more serious. I was talking to my friend the other night and she is HEAVILY into astrology. We gt on the topic of compatibility and that's how this Cancer thing came about, especially since I have one sniffing around.

First observation. One of my bff's has been with her man for 11 years. They moved in together some time last year. Prior to them moving in together I suggested that they get married. She wasn't hearing me, talking some nonsense about how living together would let her know if she can truly be with him. I made a slick comment along the lines of 'After 10 years I would think you would have figured that out by now...' But whatever. Now she wanna talk marriage and isn't getting a response from him. No surprises there.

Second observation. My homeboy has been with his lady for 5 or 6 years. They've lived together for about 3. I think every time we speak I ask him where's her ring and he just laughs and says I'm not ready yet. They are talking about having kids though.

Third observation. A nice young man was interested in me. We were having a nice chat about relationships and he told me that he was with his last girlfriend for 6 years. He said had they not broken up the way they did (she cheated and lied about small things) he would've married her eventually. I said excuse me sir but what do you mean "eventually"?

Oddly enough all of their bdays are consecutive. June 24th, 25th, and 26th. Lol. I know another Cancer. She's a July born. She would definitely live with a dude without being married to him. She even considered it with an ex at some point but it didn't work out.

Is it a Cancer thing or just the effects of living together without a "proper" commitment?

I can find one guy for every month of the year to fit those descriptions. From January to December. At least 12 and countless others. Call it what you want…..I say it's a damn shame.

I think it's just a societal thing. People don't want to get married when they think they already reap the benefits of marriage by living together. Also, part of me feels like men will sometimes let a relationship go on without marriage because they like aspects of it, but they don't see the point in getting married at that point or they deep down don't want to marry that woman and aren't ready to admit it.

Personally, I'm a Cancer, and I refuse to live or sleep with a man before getting married. I'm also not going to bother dating a guy for years without getting a ring. If a guy doesn't want to marry me after 2 years, I'd doubt that he ever would.

Last edited:
My sister is a Cancer and played house heavily. While you could find people of all signs who shack up, I get it from an astrological standpoint about Cancers.

This Leo needs her space

FAIL!!! Not sign specific. I'm sure anyone could come up with the same conclusion with any one of the signs.

Cancer woman signing in: Have never cohabited and NEVER will!!!

#itstheringordeath

However, Cancer males can be very passive aggressive and will only respond to aggressive women who demand what they want. Cancer brother and nephew. Yep, it's that easy. :yep:

Most men will coast until they are out of options. Women are running the show and don't know it.

Back