Is there a product you are afraid to try

Jetblackhair

because you fear a setback?

I want to try Henna & Indigo or Colorshowers but I'm afraid it may not work out and cause a setback. :ohwell:

Does anybody else feel this way about a particular product or method?

I'm also afraid to straighten my hair which I plan on doing soon. I just have a HUGE fear of setbacks.

Last edited:
Yes, I definitely want to try henna, but I'm afraid it may react with my relaxer:sad: As far as color showers go, I took that plunge and I didn't get the right color so I never saw the results on my darker hair but it gave me some nice pissy colored hair everywhere a gray hair was:perplexed. I'll stick with the darker tones from here on out.

Henna, Shikaikai, Amla and the like. It's just too much chemistry that could go wrong and have my hair a dried up tangled mess. :perplexed

Yes, I definitely want to try henna, but I'm afraid it may react with my relaxer:sad: As far as color showers go, I took that plunge and I didn't get the right color so I never saw the results on my darker hair but it gave me some nice pissy colored hair everywhere a gray hair was:perplexed. I'll stick with the darker tones from here on out.

Now that sounds scary! Well, at least you tried and doesn't sound like you lost any hair.

Henna over here too! I also wanna try Bigen Oriental Black, but I already know that ain't happening.

Yeah, I'm afraid of henna...Only because I'm scared I'll put something in my henna mix that my hair won't like and then it will get dry and break off, resulting in a setback :ohwell:. Maybe one day I'll get over it!!!

^^^LOL-not scary at all-just ugly:lachen: I plucked most of those suckers out. I noticed a couple lurking the other day and I left them alone since it's a great way to track my growth. My hair felt amazing afterwards-really soft. I shouldn't have gotten those colors, that's all. I will opt for the clear or a nice dark brown next time.

I would also like to try Henna and Indigo. I not good with all of the formulas for it, so I'll have to sit this one out. I think once I deal with some of my other issues then I may try it. Someone needs to start a thread called "Henna for Dummies" and then I might be more willing to take the plunge!

HENNA! :ohwell::ohwell:Some of my friends have doen the Henna thing, and it made their hair soooo kute, but umm I'm accident prone. I'm that type who will forget the main step like wash it all out and I'ma end up lookin like carrot top or poo poo the boo boo head?! :lachen:

^^^LOL-not scary at all-just ugly:lachen: I plucked most of those suckers out. I noticed a couple lurking the other day and I left them alone since it's a great way to track my growth. My hair felt amazing afterwards-really soft. I shouldn't have gotten those colors, that's all. I will opt for the clear or a nice dark brown next time.

Now that's a positive spin:lachen:. Ok, so the colorshowers worked well, just wrong color gotcha.

I'm defintely scared of aphogee protein treatments. Nexxus Keraphix (which isn't that strong) is just strong enuff for my hair. I'm afraid of getting something stronger and experiencing a setback. (especially when its unnecessary since my hair is in good condition now). so i think i'll be slidin' right past any aphogee treatment on the shelf.

I'd like to use a Chi Iron :perplexed

I keep tellin my SO...the following Christmas request..

* I want an Ipod...
* Nope I want a Chi Flat iron...
* But on the other hand I really wanted an Ipod!!!
* Oh but I really want a Chi Flat iron

You get the idea!

Anyhoo, Im afriad of using heat.

amla powder and henna

I'm scared its going to make my hair very dry and tangled, but I know I will have to use henna in the future when i start getting greys

The Mizani Butter Blends Relaxer System. It felt right when I bought it, but now I am afraid to use it.

Queen Helen cholesterol.

when i think of this, i think of real cholesterol, and then i think of heart disease...

plus i remember google-ing the ingredients, and one of them is some type of formaldehyde... ugh

Im afraid of Aphogee too.....:look:

I WAS afraid of henna, but Im SO GLAD I tried it! I promise you wont regret it! I say if u are gonna try it...keep your mix simple and go from there, dont be alarmed when your hair feels rough/stiff when rinsing it out or th muddy looking water splattering all over the place, just rinse rinse rinse and then cowash cowash cowash it out. This is honestly the most positive thing Ive done for my hair in quite some time....the difference is remarkable.

Im afraid of Aphogee too.....:look:

I WAS afraid of henna, but Im SO GLAD I tried it! I promise you wont regret it! I say if u are gonna try it...keep your mix simple and go from there, dont be alarmed when your hair feels rough/stiff when rinsing it out or th muddy looking water splattering all over the place, just rinse rinse rinse and then cowash cowash cowash it out. This is honestly the most positive thing Ive done for my hair in quite some time....the difference is remarkable.

Keeping it simple does ease my fear a bit. I tried a regular store brand henna a long time ago and I just remember my hair being really hard. But, this was before I was into hair care.

:curtain:

Anything Henna related.

aaa.gif

Back