Anybody afraid of using Aphogee?

Alli77 said:
Exactly and you can comb it through sopping wet hair. Sit under a dryer for about 20-30 minutes or until very hard (do not comb or aggitate hair!), rinse very well and if you still smell any hints of the aphogee shampoo your hair with your favorite shampoo you can even dilute it with water if you want; then I WOULD put on a moisturizing treatment (very light protein) for about 5-10 minutes without heat and then rinse and proceed to style.

Alli thanks SO much!:kiss2:

LUV IT LUV IT!! I'm a little confused of how people have had bad results with the treatment. You REALLY have to follo wth directions verbatim, and use PLENTY of the moisturizer/conditioner when rinsing out..Don't skimp!. That stuff is a LIFESAVER for me!

iv used it in the past and it worked wounders on my hair- it left so strong i could really tell the difference. i did feel alittle nervous at the start but it was worth it!!!

Niqueshalfdz said:
Followed the directions, but Aphogee did NOTHING for my hair. Still had breakage after the treatment.

Monique
RATZ!! Don't you HATE it when something works for some, and not others?? I get AMPED on some product reviews, and then my hair LAUGHS at it....have you tried Emergencee by Nexxus, or New Era 2000 proetin recon? That's some pretty good stuff, too! And then follow with a Sebastians Clear cellophane. Hope you find something that works!

*bumping* Because Im doing a treatment today. I did them before when I was recommend by my cousins wife whose hair grow extra long by regularly doing them every 6 weeks. My hair was better when I did this too which is why I dont know why I stop using it. :ohwell:

Niqueshalfdz said:
Followed the directions, but Aphogee did NOTHING for my hair. Still had breakage after the treatment.

Monique

Have you tried Emergencee? I followed the directions with Aphogee, but didn't get good results. My hair is fine and it just didn't agree with Aphogee, but I have seen it work miracles on other people. I got good results with Emergencee in terms of stopping the breakage and I don't have to rinse for 30 minutes. Give it a try because once the breakage got under control then I could really tell a difference in health and length.

I still swear this formulation can be too much for weaker fragile heads. My hair simply can't tolerate aphogee. I get major breakage. Funny same thing happens when I tried to use dudley drc 28. My fine strands can't take the abuse. Now emergencee I can tolerate.

Foolishly, I tried it again on Tuesday (2nd and last time) and my ends were breaking from it...I'll just stick to Emergencee. I think my hair is too fine for it. The Emergencee was GREAT though.

I use the Aphogee reconstructor once a month but I only leave it on for like 20 seconds. I'll put it on one section at a time. It doesn't seem like enough time but I really notice the difference and I press n curl once a week and have no breakage the only hair I lose is regular shedding. So I'm a believer. I also like that it smells yummy like coconut.

I also have fine hair but this works well for me. Its been two weeks since I did a treatment and still no breakage. I made sure that I really moisturized my hair well and I've had no problems.

Sistaslick You can let it airdry in or blow it dry (aiming down of course). You will be just fine said:
See, what scared me was having to use heat to dry it in. The bottle doesn't say air drying will suffice.

But if airdrying works, I might do this every six weeks.

I did use Aphogee treatment a couple of weeks ago and yes it cut down on shedding (only a couple strands came out)...but it took forever to dry it in under a hood dryer and i had to use a blow dryer to dry the ends. I didnt' like that at all!:mad:.

With emergencee I slap on a bonnet dryer and my hair stays moist for 20 minutes... i like that better.

Last edited:
I dont think I'll ever use Aphogee, only if my hair REALLY needs it.
I also read on another board that it actually smells like cat urine, is that true?! :lol:

Wow, I didn't know people were actually afraid of using this product. I didn't read the entire thread, but has anyone had a bad experience with the product??

Two weekends ago, I got a touch up on my hair. After rinsing, my hairdresser sat me under a hairdryer for a deep condition, then blow dried my hair and pressed it flat with one of those curling irons from one of those stoves! :eek: This is her normal routine when I go every six weeks average to get my touch up!

A week later, I got Cathy Howse's book on hair growing, read it, and realized what my hairdresser was doing was bad for my hair. After my first wash a week later, I air dried my hair and it dried crispy on the sides. :( After flat ironing the next day, I noticed that hair was shedding everytime I combed or brushed it. That's when I bought the Aphogee protein packet and put it on my hair, followed by Aphogee moisturizer. That stopped the shedding of my hair, just a few strands here and there.

In all, there is nothing to fear using Aphogee, I'm completely satisfied with it, and plan to use it maybe once every three weeks to once a month. This is the first time in my life that I'm learning things that I should have been doing for my hair the whole time I've been growing it out (like moisturizing every day, washing my hair more frequent, pH balanced shampoos, etc.)

Hope my 2 cents helps!

Back