Is there a ladylike way to get a man to pop the question?

GO LURKEE!!!!

congratulations-on-your-engagement-red-rose-graphic.jpg

Awww I just read this whole thread and am so happy that you got your happy beginning! Congratulations on your engagement! Ring is gorgeous!

Thanks everyone. I am over the moon :love:.

I wish I knew the name of the polish but it is OPI and I got my nails done in a salon.

Congrats!!!

So what end up happening? I mean obviously, yes youre now engaged. But did you talk with him or did you just wait? Where you expecting it since you moved in with in September? I wouldve died waiting because that was 4 MORE months of waiting! I bet you are thrilled to pieces!!

Congrats!!!

So what end up happening? I mean obviously, yes youre now engaged. But did you talk with him or did you just wait? Where you expecting it since you moved in with in September? I wouldve died waiting because that was 4 MORE months of waiting! I bet you are thrilled to pieces!!

MixedBerry I followed the advice of the person who said to ask what his plans were long term and he mentioned wanting to be married in 2 years or so (which I thought was way too long!). Anyway then he asked my parents for their blessing in July and my mom told me lol. Then I was just waiting it out. At that point I was pretty sure we were on the same time line.

We had a holiday to Japan in October which fell on my birthday so i thought he might do it then but nope. Then our anniversary came along nope. So we went to morrocco for nye and i was suspecting it would happen and it did! He booked a hot air balloon ride starting at sunrise and it was perfect :love:

MixedBerry I followed the advice of the person who said to ask what his plans were long term and he mentioned wanting to be married in 2 years or so (which I thought was way too long!). Anyway then he asked my parents for their blessing in July and my mom told me lol. Then I was just waiting it out. At that point I was pretty sure we were on the same time line. We had a holiday to Japan in October which fell on my birthday so i thought he might do it then but nope. Then our anniversary came along nope. So we went to morrocco for nye and i was suspecting it would happen and it did! He booked a hot air balloon ride starting at sunrise and it was perfect :love:

Wow, you've had some nice trips the last few months! Those two destinations are on my travel list :yep:

Congrats again!!

We had a holiday to Japan in October which fell on my birthday so i thought he might do it then but nope. Then our anniversary came along nope. So we went to morrocco for nye and i was suspecting it would happen and it did! He booked a hot air balloon ride starting at sunrise and it was perfect :love:

Oh how lovely! :grin:

*I also love that yall seem to travel alot too

Congrats and good luck with everything (including planning)

@MixedBerry I followed the advice of the person who said to ask what his plans were long term and he mentioned wanting to be married in 2 years or so (which I thought was way too long!). Anyway then he asked my parents for their blessing in July and my mom told me lol. Then I was just waiting it out. At that point I was pretty sure we were on the same time line.

Awwww congratulations OP!!! :grin:

I'm so glad you did it the classy way and didn't beg or ask him to marry you. I think you did the right thing. :yep: You basically asked him what his intentions/timeline was, and you just were patient and WAITED. :yep:

I don't think he would have asked you to move in with him if he wasn't serious about marrying you. Especially after you told him your feelings/plans for the future.

Your ring is lovely!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! :love: :love:

I'm so happy for you! :yay: :woot: :grin:

Back