Is There a Deep Conditioning Challenge?

Tru_Mind

I need to re-build my hair after experiencing a lot of breakage after using Kemi-Oyl + heat. I had to switch back to my favorite WGO after only about 2 months of using Kemi.

Worst thing of all, I had to cut 2 inches off. Cut + breakage set me back about 3 monts.

The reason why I switched to Kemi-Oyl is, because WGO smokes with heat...but now realize that it still was protecting my hair from heat damage after using Kemi-Oyl.

I'm lazy when it comes to deep conditioning. I plan to deep condition every time I wash until I re-build my hair.

Still trying to grow natural hair past should. Right now, I rather have healthy hair than long hair. It's just going to have to take as long as it has to to get past my shoulder.

Oh well, there goes the 2005 shoulder length challenge!!

Last edited:
Use the deep conditioning time to pamper yourself. Sit back relax and read a good magazine. I love heat with my conditioners because it massages my scalp. If I use no heat then I usually keep the conditioner in alot longer and sometimes overnight. :)

star said:
Use the deep conditioning time to pamper yourself. Sit back relax and read a good magazine. I love heat with my conditioners because it massages my scalp. If I use no heat then I usually keep the conditioner in alot longer and sometimes overnight. :)
Sounds good Star! I've been thinking about leaving conditioner in over night, but I've never done it because I always air dry my hair underneath a satin scarf overnight and style in the morning. Conditioning overnight means that I will have to rinse my hair in the morning...and I will definitely have to sit under my hooded dryer for an hour then style. Yep, lazy...it just takes so long though!

I do read mags and watch TV...but I still try to make my sit under the dryer as quick as possible.

I must change my routine and do something different!

Thanks Star!!!

When I started taking care of my hair I would be SURE To deep condition WITH HEAT every wash (I wash every 3 days) and it REALLY helped my hair get back into shape quickly. After about 3 months I saw a drastic difference. So I definately recommend deep conditioning consistently.

Hey Tru! :wave: If you're interested in starting a challenge--I'll join with ya. I have not deep conditioned my hair in a while. I'm sure my hair can use the added benefits. I was doing co's everyday to every other but its gotten too cold for me to continue. I'd like to deep condition every 3 days on a consistent basis. What do you say? :D

tru_mind said:
I need to re-build my hair after experiencing a lot of breakage after using Kemi-Oyl + heat. I had to switch back to my favorite WGO after only about 2 months of using Kemi.

Worst thing of all, I had to cut 2 inches off. Cut + breakage set me back about 3 monts.

The reason why I switched to Kemi-Oyl is, because WGO smokes with heat...but now realize that it still was protecting my hair from heat damage after using Kemi-Oyl.

I'm lazy when it comes to deep conditioning. I plan to deep condition every time I wash until I re-build my hair.

Still trying to grow natural hair past should. Right now, I rather have healthy hair than long hair. It's just going to have to take as long as it has to to get past my shoulder.

Oh well, there goes the 2005 shoulder length challenge!!

Regarding the 2005 Shoulder challenge...girl I just look at your album...I think you will definitely be there this year. Maybe not with your hair curly but certainly with it straight.

RabiaElaine said:
Regarding the 2005 Shoulder challenge...girl I just look at your album...I think you will definitely be there this year. Maybe not with your hair curly but certainly with it straight.

Thanks RabiaElaine!!!

LOL! The reason why I just logged back on was to comment that the 2005 Shoulder Length Challenge is still on for me. I was just thinking have 9 whole months. Yep, I can do it!!

Right now, my hair is about two inches shorter than those pics, but I still call it chin length.

I'm going for curly and straight shoulder length. I'm lucky that my curly hair only shrinks up 2 inchs more or less...can't tell with that head band around my head, because the band makes it look shorter and I have shorter layers.

9 months! That's a little over an each a month for me! Gotta stop dusting as much though.

I do have recent pics and I will download them as soon as I figure out what's wrong with my computer or digital camera. My camera is not connecting to my computer.

Last edited:
I am joining your challenge also. My roommate is pressuring me to change my regimen to something like hers and that is not happening. Plus my hair started to dry out yesterday before I could even blow dry it.

ChocoKitty said:
Hey Tru! :wave: If you're interested in starting a challenge--I'll join with ya. I have not deep conditioned my hair in a while. I'm sure my hair can use the added benefits. I was doing co's everyday to every other but its gotten too cold for me to continue. I'd like to deep condition every 3 days on a consistent basis. What do you say? :D

OK, I will start a challenge! I was just making sure that there wasn't one already active.

Every 3 days?!?! Whew! I'll see!

That's a shame when I was relaxed I had to wash my hair every 3 days and a deep condition always followed. I had to deep condition then (40 mins under a hooded dryer)! Maybe that's why I'm so lazy with conditioning now.

tru_mind said:
Every 3 days?!?! Whew! I'll see!

No pressure on the 3 days! That's just how often I plan washing my hair until the weather warms up. I'm thinking the challenge should involve deep conditioning at least once a week.

Wow, I already deep condition every 3 days. Wouldn't be a challenge for me. It's not too hard tru_mind, you can do it! :)

Porsche19 said:
Wow, I already deep condition every 3 days. Wouldn't be a challenge for me. It's not too hard tru_mind, you can do it! :)
Yeah...I think I could do it!:yep::nono::yep::nono::yep::nono::yep::nono:
I'll see...maybe if I gradually increase!

Back