Is there a creamy protien as strong as the hardcore Aphogee?

turnergirl

Hi all,

I am doing a hardcore protein regi to keep my texlaxed and colored hair from snapping away from the mountain of new growth I am accumulating.

I use heavy protein every 6-8 weeks, which is quite frequent but I absolutely dread the process. I hate the smell of the Aphogee 2 step better known here as Aphogee hardcore. I hate the stickness and the texture of it. Hating the process makes me put it off more than I should and I want to stop that.

Do you all know of anything equally strong but something that won't leak and get everywhere?

I know henna does wonders and I have been down that road but I don't like dealing with the drama of prepping henna either.

I need something creamy.

Please help.

Try using only the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. I love the results. Than follow up with the Aphogee moisturizer and let it sit for 5 minutes than rinse it out.

Works like a charm!

Thanks for your suggestions ladies. Anyone else??

I will definitely look at the Ion and the Aveda. Though I quit Aveda when they discontinued my beloved Elixer.

The Keracare reconstructor. I love it. It is more like a gel and it works wonder. You have plenty time to comb the product through your hair and it is not messy at all.

Also take a look at Redken Anti Snap LeaveIn....packed with protein.....and cones!!!...LOL!!! But if you don't mind the cones, or if you clarify often, then this stuff works magic.

Cathy Howse's UBH Deep Conditioner (hard protein) - www.ultrablackhair.com / www.ubhpublications.com

I read the ingredients on her website and don't really see anything in this one that would put it in the hard protein category. (no disrespect to you, just wanting to help the OP out)

Turner,
Dudley makes a treatment in a jar called Cream Protein. They call it a moisturizing conditioner, but they were just playing! It really is a pretty strong protein treatment.(unless they have altered the formulation since I last used it) DO follow with a moisturizing conditioner if you use it.
Dudley-00377-2.jpg

It all depends if you want something strong that you have to use less often or something mild that you have to use more frequently. I personally prefer the mild treatments to be on the safe side. I wouldn't want to put a strong protein treatment in my hair if my hair didn't need it. My hair would be so dry. Once every few months I will use Apoghee hardcore. I use Apoghee 2 minute constructor bi-weekly.

great thread. i don't like the smell of aphogee either. and it gets hard too quickly for me to comb it through my hair like i want to.

It all depends if you want something strong that you have to use less often or something mild that you have to use more frequently. I personally prefer the mild treatments to be on the safe side. I wouldn't want to put a strong protein treatment in my hair if my hair didn't need it. My hair would be so dry. Once every few months I will use Apoghee hardcore. I use Apoghee 2 minute constructor bi-weekly.

Yeah I know a lot of people are protein sensitive. I am not one of them. I have seriouly fine strands that need all of the fortification they can get. I moisturize with two weekly DCs so I am good on that front.

Thanks for the warning. People need to know that info.

Generally speaking, the stronger a protein product, the more liquid and stinky it will be. Personally, I like Dudleys DRC. Its a liquid but I just use a spray bottle for easier application.

If you can still find the old Sebastain penetrait formula, it is another good option. Its a creamy gel that you put on and let dry hard under a dryer.

The Cherrylola tx may be a good way to get protein. See cherrylola.com. I think it's mainly for curly hair and I have used on my texlaxed hair. Tx includes Braggs liquid aminos, baking soda, and yogurt. You can add all of these ingredients to your fav cond., leave on for 30mins-40mins and rinse. Some condition after the tx. Defines curly hair and leaves hair less frizzy. Its a nice natural protein tx.

Brahmi powder and yogurt is also a nice tx as well. It really smooths new growth. Someone posted this treatment awhile back.

Egg, well blended avocado, banana baby food, Evoo, molasses, yogurt-you can also add ingredients to favorite conditioner

New Era reconstructor, Roux Mendex

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to mention I'm planning on doing a protein treatment on Wednesday using plain greek yogurt, 1 egg, and avocado oil. The greek yogurt has 18 grams of protein individual serving, the egg has 6 grams of protein, and I believe avocado oil has protein and amino acids as well. I was thinking about tossing some brahmi powder up in there to taste, but that may be a bit much, lol.

I read the ingredients on her website and don't really see anything in this one that would put it in the hard protein category. (no disrespect to you, just wanting to help the OP out)

Turner,
Dudley makes a treatment in a jar called Cream Protein. They call it a moisturizing conditioner, but they were just playing! It really is a pretty strong protein treatment.(unless they have altered the formulation since I last used it) DO follow with a moisturizing conditioner if you use it.
Dudley-00377-2.jpg

Thanks Supergirl for this review. I am looking into getting the DRC 28 treatment soon, so I'll see about this one as well when I go shopping for it.

Generally speaking, the stronger a protein product, the more liquid and stinky it will be. Personally, I like Dudleys DRC. Its a liquid but I just use a spray bottle for easier application.

If you can still find the old Sebastain penetrait formula, it is another good option. Its a creamy gel that you put on and let dry hard under a dryer.

Oooh that spray bottle application method is great gymfreak, thanks for posting honey.

If I were to do a little MixMastering for something "Creamy" I would probably take some Aubrey Organics GPB and Mix it with some Neutral Protein Filler.:look:

In fact, I tried this not too long ago. It was very nice.:yep:

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to mention I'm planning on doing a protein treatment on Wednesday using plain greek yogurt, 1 egg, and avocado oil. The greek yogurt has 18 grams of protein individual serving, the egg has 6 grams of protein, and I believe avocado oil has protein and amino acids as well. I was thinking about tossing some brahmi powder up in there to taste, but that may be a bit much, lol.

I do a greek yogurt, wheat protein, and castor oil or coconut oil mix. Does a good job on my hair.

Back