Is the salon hair dryer at salonsrus.com any good?

outspokenwallflower

I wanna get a standing dryer but pibbs is NOT in my poor lil' price range. I was wondering if the one at salonsrus is any good or if there are any other great standing dryer brands that arent too pricey that harvest good results as well...

My sister just bought one off that website and she really likes it. She told me that they didn't charge her for shipping and she received her dryer right away.

My sister just bought one off that website and she really likes it. She told me that they didn't charge her for shipping and she received her dryer right away.

Good to hear a positive review...thank you!

More responses would be appreciated! I know a bunch of ladies on this board have this dryer:grin:

I considered Pebco as well, but they had some really bad reviews. So i've crossed them off my list.

Last edited:
Pibbs prices have skyrocketed, this week I just finally broke down and bought a salon dryer and i'm soooooo happy with it,

it's by protools/pebco, it's also ionic 2000watts, timer, variable settings and the option to use ionic or not to use it, let me tell ya my set came out soft bouncy and crazy shiny because of the ionic feature, hair dried quick because i don't set on soaking dripping wet hair and just soft as heck.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E99GP6...e=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B001E99GP6

I was sketchy on buying a non pibbs, but when I thought about it, i've never seen a pibbs dryer at the dominican salons, alot of the places i've gone to in ny from harlem to the bx has had old old old hood dryers and they got the job done.

with this dryer the highest I think I will go is 60 degrees, I dried at 50-55 and my hair was dry under and hr but I just stayed under it over and hr because it's my new toy! :)

so in conclusion there are other salon dryers out there that work just as well as the pibbs,

:clap:I am sitting under mine right now. It works like a dream, they shipped it out the same day. I am glad I didn't spend 300+ for a dryer when this one does the same. The way I look at it is I will never being using this dryer as much as it would get used in a salon, 52 times in one year, if I do my hair once a week. Apposed to the numerous times a day it would get used in a salon. I have had no problems with mine and it does have a warranty and if you dont like it they have a return policy. I would give it two thumbs up.:clap:

I ordered mine about 3 months ago and I really like it. I experienced great customer service with the company and I'm soooo happy that it is an inexpensive alternative to the Pibbs.

I considered Pebco as well, but they had some really bad reviews. So i've crossed the off my list.

Yes please look at all of the reviews about the pebco. I remember before I got the pibbs, i was looking at the Pebco and this one. I called both vendors and asked them as many questions I could think of. The dryer from Salonsrus would have been bought but then dh said I could get the pibbs instead so of course I did. The Pebco guy told me about the problems that the older models of dryers had many problems, some you will find on this site of dryers melting and other HORRIBLE stories. Again out of the two I would have choosen SalonsRus

Last edited:
It's great and their customer service is fantastic. It dries my below apl hair very fast (~55 minutes @ 70)

I took the leap and ordered it yesterday! Customer Service was great-- good price, no tax, free shipping AND they shipped it out same day (I called some time after 5, I forget) I already had a tracking number about an hour after I ordered... I cant wait! I'm glad to see so many positive reviews and you ladies have assured me that I've made a smart investment. =D

Hi ladies! I got the dryer yesterday, and it was a breeze to put together. I turned it on and messed with it a bit just to make sure everything was workin properly...My next wash is this weekend, so I can give a honest, thorough review of the dryer then. =]

I ordered this dryer last night and it should be here friday. I did have to call customer service and the guys were nice and followed through with what they said that they would do. I'm so excited. I hope I like it. I just don't use a dryer enough to see paying hundreds of dollars for one.

i can't vouch for the dryer, but i have their steamer and it is incredible- no problems thus far & works like a charm. cs is great also- i love it. said all that to say- it gives sru credibility.

I'm about to get the dryer and steamer, but I'm curious...does the dryer have the fan inside of the hood like the pibbs does?

Can someone post the link for the dryer in this thread? If I want it for Xmas, I'd better start posting pictures of it around the house now...

I'm about to get the dryer and steamer, but I'm curious...does the dryer have the fan inside of the hood like the pibbs does?

Yes, and a very powerful upward airflow :yep:. It also has controls that allow you adjust the direction of the air and airspeed.

Thanks for the reviews ladies. I always say if my Pibbs broke for any reason, I would buy the one from SalonRUs instead of replacing it.

I wanna get a standing dryer but pibbs is NOT in my poor lil' price range. I was wondering if the one at salonsrus is any good or if there are any other great standing dryer brands that arent too pricey that harvest good results as well...

Gold Medal sell deep conditioning heat caps for under $40.

Thanks for the reviews ladies. I always say if my Pibbs broke for any reason, I would buy the one from SalonRUs instead of replacing it.

me too :yep:

Yes, and a very powerful upward airflow :yep:. It also has controls that allow you adjust the direction of the air and airspeed.

Just curious....What effect does switching the direction of air flow have on your hair?

me too :yep:

Just curious....What effect does switching the direction of air flow have on your hair?

Depending on where your rollers are concentrated or the density of your hair, air flowing in a counterclockwise direction, for example, may dry your hair slightly quicker in the back, whereas the front wouldn't need as much air flow because the rollers are less dense. Does that make sense...I hope that helps :look:

Back