Is that Beyonce's hair?

Re: Is that Beyonce\'s hair?

I've never seen Brandy's real hair either. I think her hair may be damaged, especially around the hairline.

Aaliyah wore a lot of hats, scarves, headbands, etc. She admitted to wearing tracks in SBH. I believe she used the braided method.

whoever said that beyonce is a 3b/c should be
spank.gif
!
i always or at least a lot of times, see her hairline (new growth) and she is definitely in the 4 category. i actually like the pic with the ponytail, but the hair in the feria commercial needs to go. QUICK!!!! i thought she looked horrible for her austin powers premiere too. that short dress was horrible, and she's thick so that big big hair on top (which was a WIG) did not do a good job. she looked horrible. they showed her in instyle and she was on the same page as halle berry. halle had on a dress similar as beyonce's but when you compared these two pics, hair and everything all, beyonce looked like the ghetto queen. I was almost embarrassed for her.

i thot that aaliyah's hair was natural till i saw a lot of pics wit her hair wet and it dont rivet or nothin!! lik in her last video rock the boat she's swimmin and her hair is silky straight ya'll!! was that a wig or something?? or is her hair relaxed??

[ QUOTE ]
i have never seen Brandy's real hair. is it THAT damaged???
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wondered about this, too. Does she ever give her hair a break from braids and weaves? The poor girl's hairline is starting to look like the editor of Essence.

My cousin gets her hair braided a lot. She says a lot of people (stylists as well as clients) couldn't care less about the real hair underneath. They plan on always wearing braids or some kind of extension style. But what happens when there's nothing left to attach the fake hair to?
blush.gif

I always thought that was Malinda Williams real, relaxed hair... I also didn't know Gabrielle Union wore a weave! I guess I'm used to only seeing the really bad weaves.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've wondered about this, too. Does she ever give her hair a break from braids and weaves? The poor girl's hairline is starting to look like the editor of Essence.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
whoever said that beyonce is a 3b/c should be
spank.gif
!
i always or at least a lot of times, see her hairline (new growth) and she is definitely in the 4 category. i actually like the pic with the ponytail, but the hair in the feria commercial needs to go. QUICK!!!! i thought she looked horrible for her austin powers premiere too. that short dress was horrible, and she's thick so that big big hair on top (which was a WIG) did not do a good job. she looked horrible. they showed her in instyle and she was on the same page as halle berry. halle had on a dress similar as beyonce's but when you compared these two pics, hair and everything all, beyonce looked like the ghetto queen. I was almost embarrassed for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch Nay!!!But it is funny
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I saw B in a June 2003 mag at my gym, I think Shape but I could be wrong. She was back in braids w/ extensions. Givin' that overprocessed hair a break, I guess.
smirk.gif

Also, the best way to go when determining whether one is natural or not is to look at pics from their childhood. Aaliyah had very thick and long hair when competing in Star Search, but it was definately not silky. And remember Brandy in that show Thea (before braids)?

[ QUOTE ]
I saw B in a June 2003 mag at my gym, I think Shape but I could be wrong. She was back in braids w/ extensions. Givin' that overprocessed hair a break, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw it too... actually it was Self magazine. She's on the cover and inside doing exercise pics...

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen Brandy's real hair either. I think her hair may be damaged, especially around the hairline.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you all remember that tv show that brandy used to be on...thea? that was her natural hair...very short (barely could wrap around her forehead) and by the end of the show it looked damaged to me. i think she's been in braids every since then.

I saw brandy on 106 & park and her hair was pretty long - at least bra strap. I honestly believe that it was her's too.

[ QUOTE ]
Beyonce has naturally 3c hair. She perviously had relaxed hair, but transitionedfor 2 years with braids and weaves. In a recent hair styling magazine her mom says that says that she bleaches her hair. When you bleach your hair it can act as a mild texturizer. Her mom also says that she presses her daughter's hair and uses glue in hair pieces. I estimate that Beyonce's hair is about shoulder length curly. While I do love her wild 3c/3b fro, I think she should think a hint from Solange and rest her hair for a while.

[/ QUOTE ] GLUE!! wouldn't all the heat from stage lights and the hot houston sun melt the glue? as rich as that girl is and her momma is puttin' glue in her weaves!!! omg!
shocked.gif
** quickly prays for beyonce hair health**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have never seen Brandy's real hair. is it THAT damaged???
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My cousin gets her hair braided a lot. She says a lot of people (stylists as well as clients) couldn't care less about the real hair underneath. They plan on always wearing braids or some kind of extension style. But what happens when there's nothing left to attach the fake hair to?
blush.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the editor of Essence's hair with it out of braids twice and apparently she always want the front relaxed, even though its damaging the hairline. That takes bravery man to wittle the hair away to nothing like that
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
apparently she always want the front relaxed, even though its damaging the hairline.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite understand this statement. Are you saying she wants the front relaxed first? If so, that is very risky.

Yes Crysdon, she likes to have the hairline relaxed first before putting the braids back in so the front stays smooth looking. I know, go figure...

Can we get back on the topic of bashing Beyonce please. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out her braids. I thought if you had long hair, you're supposed to braid it to your length. Beyonce only braided two or three inches and the rest was loose. Someone please explain how her hair supposedly grew down her back.

zora,

i don't believe that b's hair is long. i think she still wear weaves all the time. even when her hair looks natural, i believe it's a natural looking weave. i also don't think that she has 3c hair. her hairline looks more like 4a-b to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Can we get back on the topic of bashing Beyonce please. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out her braids. I thought if you had long hair, you're supposed to braid it to your length. Beyonce only braided two or three inches and the rest was loose. Someone please explain how her hair supposedly grew down her back.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is this style called braidweave were you only braid the first half in or so of your hair and carefully knot it off. The rest off your unbraided hair is blended in with the weave hair. That may be what she is doing. Just my guess.

Have you guys seen the latest issue of SBHC Magazine? Beyonce's hair looked atrocious.
nono.gif
I guess it was supposed to be a braid out, but the weave was fuzzy and matted in some areas, and her natural hairline looked so dried out.
nono.gif

Beyonce's mother is a professional hair stylist so it makes sense for Beyonce to keep it in the family!

If anyone lives in Los Angeles, all you have to do is go to a shop called Spice Hair Oasis(i've mentioned this before)and see a lot of celebrities getting their weave put in. It looks real. I had a few done and a well known beautician from another shop could not believe that I had a weave. Also, Beyonce usually gets fusion. Brandy has been to Spice also. Now she is chicken bald...LOL. Wearing braids forever is damaging(I would know seeing that I am always in the same shop with them getting a weave because of it). So remember, in the industry damn near every Celebrity on TV no matter was nationality has a weave or some type of extentions(I don't mean everybody but close).

Wow, Wanda. That is interesting. Magazines like Sophisticate's Black Hair cannot be entrusted with providing accurate, truthful and reliable information. If anything, that rag is only good for the pictures because whatever "information" is there is either seriously lacking or totally fraudulent.

I agree. I find all my hair ideas in there, love the photos, and learn the latest products that are out, etc., but as for the celebrity part....Yuck. Most of the time, those celebrities lie about their hair to make them seem above the average woman.
nono.gif

Yes, I agree. If you ladies would like to have the Gabriel Union look. I also know her sylist. Her name is Paula and she own's a shop called Emerald Shatto. She also does Blu Cantrell's hair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS- Props to Gabrielle Union.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto! She the only one that admits it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading a magazine article about her. They were interviewing her while she was getting her weave tightned!! She went on to say she was NOT ashamed!

I love that about her...don't play games...be real about it. It doesn't bother me when a famous person wears weaves...only if it looks horrible or if they try to pretend that it's really theirs.

Tebby

Back