Is that Beyonce's hair?

Re: Is that Beyonce\'s hair?

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. It kills me how a lot of celebs are like "I have a weave but my real hair under this is natural" It may be true but more often than not it is not true. Malinda Williams from Soulfood insists she does not have a relaxer and I dont believe her. Tamala Jones insists she does not have a relaxer. I just dont know why they make up stuff? Gabrielle Union is the only one that's like "heck yeah I got me a weave"

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it hard for you to believe that Malinda Williams and Tamala Jones don't relax their hair?

And Daughter, the same question for you regarding Monica?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have explained, I remember a couple of issues later the same magazine quoted her as saying she does get her hair relaxed (I used to have a huuuge collection of hair magaziners back in da day
grin.gif
) I know it's posiible for black people to have pressed or naturally straight hair but over the years I have become sceptical of some hair magazines.

The magazine may or may not have misquoted her. But I know some people do actually lie about stuff like this. When I first had my hair relaxed, one of my older relatives told me not to tell anyone (like people wouldn't notice the completely different texture
laugh.gif
).

I saw the ET news that, in a dim room, Beyonce wore the big non-blonde cornrows. It seems to me that she wore the weave.

that hair is a weave. When have you seen her without one.

I think that she has natural hair but you never get a chance to see it. Its just always covered.

in those afro pics I think shes left some of her hair out in the front to make it look realistic but the rest of it is a weave. no doubt about it.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL. It kills me how a lot of celebs are like "I have a weave but my real hair under this is natural" It may be true but more often than not it is not true. Malinda Williams from Soulfood insists she does not have a relaxer and I dont believe her. Tamala Jones insists she does not have a relaxer. I just dont know why they make up stuff? Gabrielle Union is the only one that's like "heck yeah I got me a weave"

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand not believe Tamala Jones, but Malinda Williams alternates between wearing her hair curly and straight all the time on Soul Food. We have even watched it grow out from shorter to longer. I am inclined to believe her when she says she is natural.

[ QUOTE ]
This is not it, but close enough, just a tiny bit more shiny in the commercial. Her hair is always jacked up.

02big.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I am cracking up over here...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I do not think this is beyonce's hair...My sister has beautiful curly shoulder length hair, au naturale... when she blow dries it, it is about 1 1/2" away from her bra strap and people still ask her is that her hair. Oh yeah, I definately believe Malinda Williams is au naturale too.

[ QUOTE ]
This is not it, but close enough, just a tiny bit more shiny in the commercial. Her hair is always jacked up.

02big.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG
shocked.gif
BEFORE I FULLY SCROLLED DOWN I THOUGHT THIS WAS A PIC OF LIL KIM. I remember lil kim having a wig or weave like that some time ago. in my head i was like why are they showing a pic of lil kim when the discussion is about beyonce.
confused.gif
confused.gif
I'm not even trying to be mean but before i saw the whole face i really thought that was lil kim.
crazy.gif
God bless you all.

lol Azul. It's beyonce alright. I remember Lil Kim's blonde wig but that was significantly better than the nest on Beyonces's hair.

Sorry Jamerican. I don't know how to post pictures from a disk or hard drive. I think it is only enabled to post pictures from a website. (I could be wrong but the prompt for inserting an image asks for the webpage address)

Here is another pic of Beyonce from Essence.

How'd Beyonce go from relaxed to natural without skipping a beat?
Expert: Tina Knowles - Destiny Child's stylist, former salon owner, Beyonce's mom.
beauty_ART_b_knowles.jpg

© WireImage
Beyonce Knowles

"It took Beyonce about two years to grow the relaxer out. She couldn't afford to cut her hair off and start from scratch, so we cut her hair a little above her shoulders and trimmed the ends as we went along. Wearing braids during the transition period really protected her hair onstage and saved her style from sweat disaster. When she had to wear it straight for an awards show or appearance, we pressed her hair and used a flat iron. Her hair is not as easy to manage as she thought it would be. Sometimes we curl her hair with a curling iron to give it a softer look. When she had the relaxer, coloring made her hair so fragile. Now, because her hair isn't double processed, she lightens the front without causing much damage. Look for her twists in her upcoming movie Fighting Temptation with Cuba Gooding Jr."

oy! that's one scary looking photo!
shocked.gif

hey beyawnce if you're reading this...it's okay to look black once in a while!
tongue.gif

IT'S A MAN BABY! lol (from austin powers)

no i'm kidding. i like the style too. the hair looks like it needs a elasta dpr-11/shea butter deep conditioning treatment though.
laugh.gif

Hey people, I just read about Aphogee, it it reallly good for your hair?
What exactly does it do, and can you apply it yourself?

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Oh yeah beyonce needs some color correction, aphogee, ors, suave and l'oreal smooth intense.

Braid and airdry followed by styling.

[ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
Now you know you ain't right LG3...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I forgot mango butter and curl activator
grin.gif
grin.gif

I think her blonde color looks awful. That's only because her roots are always darker than the blonde. Her hair looks fried and dried.

I also don't like the way hair companies jump on the bandwagon so quickly with celebrity endorsements. I would not want Beyonce's hair color or hairstyles that she wears in the L'oreal commercials because they do not promote healthy hair.

[ QUOTE ]
hey beyawnce if you're reading this...it's okay to look black once in a while!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by that??
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I agree about the all over blonde, I think her hair looks fried also. Her mother is supposed to be the owner of a salon-so why did they keep dyeing her hair blond if it was relaxed and kept getting damaged? It could be that she wears her real hair natural, but I have to disagree that she has 3c hair. I think she is a beautiful girl, but I would like to see her in a nice dark chestnut color with just a few highlights.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I agree about the all over blonde, I think her hair looks fried also. Her mother is supposed to be the owner of a salon-so why did they keep dyeing her hair blond if it was relaxed and kept getting damaged? It could be that she wears her real hair natural, but I have to disagree that she has 3c hair. I think she is a beautiful girl, but I would like to see her in a nice dark chestnut color with just a few highlights.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol missM u r soooo rite coz i was thinkin the same thing wen i read an article on solange in sphisticates hair magazine and she was talkin bout how colourin her hair and gluin the ends of it to the braids caused her to get breakage and i thot dont yo mum teach u nothin about good hair health??
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it hard for you to believe that Malinda Williams and Tamala Jones don't relax their hair?

And Daughter, the same question for you regarding Monica?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Chic. It's hard for me to believe because depending on which publication it is one or the other has said they relax and what conditioners they use to support the relaxer but in other instances they'll say its completely natural. Also, I think I can tell the difference between a perm and a press or flatiron but more so because they always give conflicting accounts of what is going on in their hair. Pretty soon Eve will say that her blonde hair is really the color she was born with
look.gif

To be honest mstankers, I'm also a sceptic. Especially for Tamala Jones and the late Aaliyah. The only reason why is so simple........if you have it, why can't you show it? Why doesn't a picture of the star exist with natural hair(and not braids or natural wigs/weaves)?

Malinda williams has had so many weaves done that I'm sure they have a special hair grower reserved for her.

Anyway to be honest, the subject of natural hair is sticky. Tracy Ellis Rose was perceived to be natural because of her 3c natural looking curls but she is actually texturized so she is not natural.

Beyonce similarly says she is natural but all we see are her terrible wigs.

In the end it's all about perception. You can show me one thing, but you can't make me see what you see. I'll see what I want to see ......get it
grin.gif
(I don't know why but this is beginning to sound like the matrix)

Aaliyah's hair was natural. She had a relaxer for years, but because touring damaged her relaxed hair so much, she decided to just press it. Her hair stylists have confirmed this. As for Malinda, I remember seeing her on a cable series years ago and her hair was naturally curly. I have no problem believing Malinda when she says her hair is natural. I've seen a pic of Beyonce at a Knick game, and her hair was natural. Her hair was pulled back in a bun, and it looked very nice. Besides, her Mom has stated that Beyonce's hair is now natural, and I believe her. Because of their busy schedules, most celebrities don't have time to care for their own hair properly, so they wear weaves, wigs, braids, etc for protection. That doesn't necessarily mean their hair isn't natural.

I don't buy that Aaliyah's hair was pressed just becuase her h air stylist said it. You mean to tell me all of that sweating with the pressing did not mess up her hair during video shoots and performing on stage. Aaliyah also had hair extensions added for length but denied that too. Basically, whether a celebs hair is natural or not they often are not truthful about what is done to and with their hair. Although that's their prerogative I personally think its silly to lie about what goes or does not go into your hair!

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest mstankers, I'm also a sceptic. Especially for Tamala Jones and the late Aaliyah. The only reason why is so simple........if you have it, why can't you show it? Why doesn't a picture of the star exist with natural hair(and not braids or natural wigs/weaves)?

Malinda williams has had so many weaves done that I'm sure they have a special hair grower reserved for her.

Anyway to be honest, the subject of natural hair is sticky. Tracy Ellis Rose was perceived to be natural because of her 3c natural looking curls but she is actually texturized so she is not natural.

Beyonce similarly says she is natural but all we see are her terrible wigs.

In the end it's all about perception. You can show me one thing, but you can't make me see what you see. I'll see what I want to see ......get it
grin.gif
(I don't know why but this is beginning to sound like the matrix)

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

In an interview (tv), Aaliyah said that she has used extensions b/c of all the stress of the heating tools.

Aaliyah's hair was natural. there are picks of her hair when its not as silky but it is quite long, quite thick and quite hers. she HAS admitted to wearing weaves to protect her hair when it is on the road so most likely her hair didnt revert because it was protected. and also as much money as stylist make you better believe they pull out the big guns for stars hair so it stays looking beautiful. God bless you all.

Not for nothing, in most of the pics I saw of Aaliya, I was always able to tell she had pieces/extensions added.

As for Beyonce, I think her hair looks cute when she wears it back and not all over the place.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

SherryLove

Back