IS RELAXED HAIR MORE PRONE TO SPLIT ENDS THAN.....

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
This is amazing to hear a long haired relaxed woman transitioning. There must be a lot of inspiration goin on from naturals. I wonder how many more relaxed women will decide to transition to natural. I wonder if we transitioners will survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again Dreemssold.....

PB -- it would not surprise me if more women will begin transitioning...I am seeing that a lot of sistas are fed up with the chemical crack .....
smile.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh! You're not supposed to be using language like this!
naughty.gif
Didn't you read the 50 pg thread on the use of inflamatory words?

(LOLOLOL
lachen70.gif
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Re: IS RELAXED HAIR MORE PRONE TO SPLIT ENDS THAN.

[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
Congratulations on your decision. As for the question of split ends when i pressed all the time i had lots of them but since ive stopped they are very few.

[/ QUOTE ]

Babyblue, How often do u press now?

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
Congratulations on your decision. As for the question of split ends when i pressed all the time i had lots of them but since ive stopped they are very few.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its been a year and a half since heat has touched my head.

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
SherryLove you gon git it now!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I am going to need yall natural sistas to have my back.....
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! So do u ever wear your hair straight? If so, how do u straighten it? Im asking these questions because when I finally become natural, Im wondering how else i can straighten my hair besides getting it pressed with heat.
smile.gif

Poohbear, you can do a roller set and then wrap your hair to get it straight as well.

Sherry I am so excited for you, congratulations!!!!! I tried transitioning myself, in fact everytime I'm pregnant I dont relax, and I have 3 kids...but then I always end up relaxing. This time I texturized instead of relaxed, so who knows??? maybe one day I will join one of my hair idols in the transition.

Sherry I am so excited for you, congratulations!!!!! I tried transitioning myself, in fact everytime I'm pregnant I dont relax, and I have 3 kids...but then I always end up relaxing. This time I texturized instead of relaxed, so who knows??? maybe one day I will join one of my hair idols in the transition.

In my experience, I get almost no split ends with my natural hair. While with my relaxed hair, that junk was no joke.

Yozers
shocked.gif
My hair idol is going natural
trampoline.gif
I know your hair is going to be stunning
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
teenie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Teenie...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Congrats, SherryL! Your hair is gorgeous now, and I CANNOT WAIT until it's this length and all natural
clap.gif
Good luck, sis!

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Congrats, SherryL! Your hair is gorgeous now, and I CANNOT WAIT until it's this length and all natural
clap.gif
Good luck, sis!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Miss Brown....I cannot wait either......
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
Poohbear, you can do a roller set and then wrap your hair to get it straight as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that but it didnt come to mind because her hair is natural...so u can do that with natural hair too?

Congrats SherryLove!

I had more split ends with a relaxer. I don't have any now.

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Yozers
shocked.gif
My hair idol is going natural
trampoline.gif
I know your hair is going to be

stunning
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's about that time, Denali.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thanks, Tigerlily ---another natural haired beauty...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

When my hair was relaxed I had plenty of split ends. I used a lot of heat then too. Now that I've gone natural and found hair boards, I haven't seen a single split end.

Good luck on your transtion SherryLove!

Me and my relaxed hair are in contant battle with split ends! Your hair is beautiful Sherry...and I'm sure it will look even better in its natural state.
smile.gif
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Best wishes to you on your natural journey.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! So do u ever wear your hair straight? If so, how do u straighten it? Im asking these questions because when I finally become natural, Im wondering how else i can straighten my hair besides getting it pressed with heat.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i used to press it with a hot comb and later graduated to a ceramic flat iron from the recommendations on this board. I like the flat iron better because hot combs have a tendency to break hairs, since the teeth of the comb are small and most people like to start from the root downwards which everyone knows kinky hair should be combed from the ends up. A better alternative to heat styling is roller sets and this is an example of one i usually refer to.
http://public.fotki.com/2twisted/hair/2002_hair/straight_up/doobie_doo_wahhhhhh/

[ QUOTE ]
babyblue said:
Well i used to press it with a hot comb and later graduated to a ceramic flat iron from the recommendations on this board. I like the flat iron better because hot combs have a tendency to break hairs, since the teeth of the comb are small and most people like to start from the root downwards which everyone knows kinky hair should be combed from the ends up. A better alternative to heat styling is roller sets and this is an example of one i usually refer to.
http://public.fotki.com/2twisted/hair/2002_hair/straight_up/doobie_doo_wahhhhhh/

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! i bet that takes a lotta work doing rollersets on natural hair. And for the second or third time probably, your hair is very nice!
cool.gif

Sherrylove wow! I think this is wonderful. Considering you have one of the most beautiful heads of hair on this board, it will be even more beautiful when it gets waist length again. I am finally getting the hang of my natural hair and now i feel like the braidout queen over here. You will fall in love with exprirmenting with yours I wish you the best of luck!

I have always admired your beautiful hair girl Good Luck with transitioning.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I have always admired your beautiful hair girl Good Luck with transitioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Erica78, MisseyKeyana, Lakettab, and Labett....
smile.gif

SherryLove - congratulations!!! I can't believe how late I am on this thread! I'm so happy to see another long-haired transitioner...heck, another transitioner period! Congrats!

Regarding split ends. Once I got a few good trims when I started transitioning, I haven't experienced any split ends. That is because I haven't been using heat. The few split ends that I have found are in the broken hairs.
ohwell.gif
So, I tend to think less split ends has to do with less heat.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
SherryLove - congratulations!!! I can't believe how late I am on this thread! I'm so happy to see another long-haired transitioner...heck, another transitioner period! Congrats!

Regarding split ends. Once I got a few good trims when I started transitioning, I haven't experienced any split ends. That is because I haven't been using heat. The few split ends that I have found are in the broken hairs.
ohwell.gif
So, I tend to think less split ends has to do with less heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, HairLove, I will be jumping on the transitioning/natural hair band wagon for good...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I see i am really going to have to stay away from the heat....Thanks.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I'm one of those people who has almost non-existent split ends and my hair is relaxed. I wonder if it has to do with the genetic makeup of your hair?
confused.gif
And congratulations on your decision to transition Sherrylove. I'm sure your hair will continue to be beautiful.

Back