Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 4B

Votes: 30 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Analiyah9

:D I WENT 100% NATURAL!!! BUT GOT A ?

Hello,
I BC's in March, and I think I'm 4a and a little bit 3c, I just wanted to know if I'm right or not. . If not can you tell me what you think my hair type is?

Pictures 1-2: dry hair
Picture 3 and 4: wet hair

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00368edit.jpg
    DSC00368edit.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 574
  • DSC421edit.jpg
    DSC421edit.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Heres picture 3 and 4:

Attachments

• DSC00435edit.jpg
    DSC00435edit.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC00434edit.jpg
    DSC00434edit.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Congrats on your BC, OP! :)

As for hairtype, I am sorry, but I am not that "up" on hair type, so I'm not exactly sure. Your dry pics don't look very much like 4a. I could be wrong however, as everyone's 4a is not the same.

Here is what my hair looked like after my BC:

A year later:

Hopefully someone else will come in with more helpful answers. Good luck, OP! :)

No, your hair type is 3c. Because, your curls are bigger than the circumference of a pencil. By the way, you have beautiful curls.

Looks like it, are your ends relaxed if not you may have a bit of 3c.
Yea, my ends aren't relaxed :grin:. Thanks!

Congrats on your BC, OP! :)

As for hairtype, I am sorry, but I am not that "up" on hair type, so I'm not exactly sure. Your dry pics don't look very much like 4a. I could be wrong however, as everyone's 4a is not the same.

Here is what my hair looked like after my BC:

A year later:

Hopefully someone else will come in with more helpful answers. Good luck, OP! :)
:spinning: Pretty Hair! and thanks.

Anyone else???...imma try and add a poll

I really dont know. Heck, I don't even know what my type is if I even have a type according to Mr. Walker. :lachen: For you, I'm learning towards 3c, but I could be wrong...

Beautiful hair by the way and congrats on your BC!

I voted after seeing the first 2 pics and I thought 4a...however after seeing the 2nd 2 pics..I think you are a 3C..

I do not see any 3C. Mayybe 4a but I actually voted 4b--I don't see any curls, let alone springy spirals like 3c. :perplexed Pretty hair!

Picture sets 1 and 2 look vastly different. Did your hair grow out in picture set 2? Or was that before you cut off more for picture set 1?

Also did you comb out or manipulate picture set 1? I see you have somewhat of a silky texture. I don't see just 3c though, perhaps a silky 4b?
Do you have any current UNMANIPULATED hair shots? Even a 3 can be combed out and resemble a 4. But I am leaning toward 4 something.

Picture sets 1 and 2 look vastly different. Did your hair grow out in picture set 2? Or was that before you cut off more for picture set 1?

Also did you comb out or manipulate picture set 1? I see you have somewhat of a silky texture. I don't see just 3c though, perhaps a silky 4b?
Do you have any current UNMANIPULATED hair shots? Even a 3 can be combed out and resemble a 4. But I am leaning toward 4 something.

+1. It looks similar to my 4a/3c curls when I have brushed all the curls out...but not unmanipulated when you can see each individual curl more clearly.

Do you cowash? If so, I'd recommend cowashing and rinsing, maybe leaving some of the product in, and taking pics...I can't see a thing in these pics except for your ends, and since you BCd relatively recently, I don't trust those. Haha.

You look like a type 4 in the dry pics, but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that definitively without more shots, especially since I DO think I see some 3c in one of the wet pics.

Do you cowash? If so, I'd recommend cowashing and rinsing, maybe leaving some of the product in, and taking pics...I can't see a thing in these pics except for your ends, and since you BCd relatively recently, I don't trust those. Haha.

You look like a type 4 in the dry pics, but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that definitively without more shots, especially since I DO think I see some 3c in one of the wet pics.
Ok. Today imma co wash, and then take pics...I'll post them up wen finished :yep:

I cut off all me permed hair, and this shot was taking after I combed it, right before I co washed. I will be taking more pics to help ya'll out.

also can you back up a little? i looked at the initial photos but refrained from commenting because i couldn't really see your hair. i felt like i was really zoomed in.

are you able to get close enough to see texture but also still showing us a regular head shot?

The more I'm on this site the more clear it becomes to me that no one has a clue on how to type hair. From 3C to 4Z? Really???

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

The more I'm on this site the more clear it becomes to me that no one has a clue on how to type hair. From 3C to 4Z? Really???

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

I'm dead wrong for even weighing in, since I know I'm curl type-challenged. That last discussion by TNHP had me :spinning: But, I think I know a "4z" and I don't see that at all. She barely has any shrinkage.

For those you that gave me advice so far and complimented my hair thanks! I LOVE this sight and the ppl on here giving advice :yep:

For those of you that wanted me to co wash and part my hair, etc. here are some pics of my hair wet, and semi wet (my hair is still drying now lol)

Attachments

• DSC00466ed.jpg
    DSC00466ed.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00477ed.jpg
    DSC00477ed.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00478e.jpg
    DSC00478e.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 177
im gonna have to say 4a. i do see curls but the curls on the ends looks like left over relaxed hair because it doesnt seem to match the hair at the root. but i could be wrong.

For those you that gave me advice so far and complimented my hair thanks! I LOVE this sight and the ppl on here giving advice :yep:

For those of you that wanted me to co wash and part my hair, etc. here are some pics of my hair wet, and semi wet (my hair is still drying now lol)

I think you are a 3c now based on this last set of photos.

With a little hair cream/gel/lotion/natural butter it will probably curl up even more... :yep:

I think what is confusing people is the fact that your hair looks manipulated, aka combed out, in the pics....thus creating a lack of curl definition (hence the 4z responses). That, and people who know nothing about hair typing (and I'm not talking about the ones who admitted it :giggle:) are giving their opinions and confusing you even more. :laugh:

You definitely have some type 3. I won't say it's all type 3.....perhaps on the border of 3c and 4a.....but you're definitely not 4z. I don't know where that came from!

Back