Is My Hair Goal Realistic?????????

HotCoCoGurl130

I need to learn how to post pics b/c then you guys would have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. My hair is shoulder length and it lays comfortabke on my shoulders. I want to achieve bra strap length by Christmas
(no special reason just a confirmed date). My hair is growing faster and I am taking care of it more. Is my goal realistic? I know each person's hair is different but how much growth have you guys gotten in that amount of time? Thanx in advance for any input.

i think i started where you are, and it took me maybe 1½ years to reach bra strap length. of course i wanted it to be faster, but that just wasn't realistic for me. my hair grows about ¼" to ½" per month. how fast does yours grow? knowing that and doing the math will let you know whether you're being realistic or not.

rather than setting specific guidelines, i instead strived for progress and to keep what i did gain. i think being any more specific than that can be really frustrating...

Well, this summer I grew about a little over an inch. So from the end of June until the beginning of August. during that time I was away and really did not take care of my hair the way I wanted to. I think the real progress was me just leaving it alone since I couldnt do much else.

If your hair grew 1 inch in 2 months, then you can expect to have about 1 and 1/2 inches of growth by Christmas. My hair grows pretty fast and it's about collar-bone length now, but I don't expect it to be at bra strap by Christmas... If you only have 1 and 1/2 inches to bra strap then maybe, if not, don't get your hopes up. I agree with Adrienne, set less specific goals, like "no more dry ends" or "less breakage" so you can stay positive about your progress
smile.gif

The truth shall set you free. How bout......keeping your ends so protected that you absolutly do not need a trim so that way yuu keep everything you grew.

My hair is now collar bone length and I KNOW bra strap by Christmas is not realistic for me. I'm just hoping to have 3 more inches by the end of April 04. But that doesn't make me discouraged my hair is getting longer and most importantly healthier than it's ever been. Focus on the health and the length will come. Also remember a lot of people's growth rate actually slows down in the winter months. Just make sure to move forward and not backward and try not to let the winter air and sweaters wreck havoc on the ends of your hair.

It's like Adrienne's signature: "Hair's like money. It's not what you make. It's what you keep... "

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I agree....set smaller goals for yourself that way you won't set yourself up for failure! One step at a time!

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed!

[ QUOTE ]
CrownnGlori said:
The truth shall set you free. How bout......keeping your ends so protected that you absolutly do not need a trim so that way yuu keep everything you grew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is my new goal.
grin.gif

Thank you ladies for all your support and input.

No one could have told me 2 years ago that I could even be thinking about waist length hair, and now that is my goal. I learned from Cathy Howse and members on this board how to take care of my hair and get results. Remember to keep your end moisturized and try not to think about your hair that much. (easier said that done) You'll look up one day and your hair will be even long that you expected. One more thing, proper diet, exercise and vitamins also aid in growing healthy hair. I'll be looking for your post soon on how you reached your goal.

Back