Is it really possible to dry hair this straight and smooth?

I liked her tips and she seems to know what she is doing. Since it is a demonstration video it looks as if she took a few liberties to illustrate the techniques which is generous of her.

The ladies hair turned out very nice and I wonder how one would administer those techniques on themselves.

I have to admit - seeing her twist her hair back brings back memories of when I was 12. I used to wear my hair just like that after washing it after swimming.

It made her look younger than she already looks. Great tips for curly hair and she has a BUNCH of hair.

Thanks for the link to the video.. I finally learnt exactly what a wrap is & how to do it

I know..she keeps saying she has 20 years of experience...I'm thinking she must have started really young...she doesn't look very old.

Yeah she does look extremely young but I love her tips and they were very helpful. I am moving on to the young girls series so I can figure out how to best do my daughter's hair without her screaming OUCH every 2 seconds when I use my wide tooth comb on it.

I loved her final video with her big curls on her naturally curly hair. She shows you how to roller set on natural hair and it was awesome. If I had not cut my hair would be dealing with similar length but oh well - live and learn!

Thanks to the OP who posted these links. How do you guys find this stuff?

senimoni said:
I know..she keeps saying she has 20 years of experience...I'm thinking she must have started really young...she doesn't look very old.

Also she references products generically but not anything specifically. I wonder if she can't promote any particular product and wonder which she uses for pomades, sheen and gloss drops. I can only think of Paul Mitchell products but they are filled with cones.

She does have some great tips. I need to watch the one about rollersets. I am all about learning how to do a good flowing rollerset.

CurleeDST said:
Also she references products generically but not anything specifically. I wonder if she can't promote any particular product and wonder which she uses for pomades, sheen and gloss drops. I can only think of Paul Mitchell products but they are filled with cones.

I think that "hydrating" shampoo that she used was Keracare. Matter of fact. I am pretty sure, I know those bottles like the back of my hand.

But on her curly tutorials those were biolage products. Now which ones? I couldn't tell since they were facing the back (I hate it when stylists do that).

Please don't ask me why i ams uch a PJ.:look:

Wow you are good.

LocksOfLuV said:
I think that "hydrating" shampoo that she used was Keracare. Matter of fact. I am pretty sure, I know those bottles like the back of my hand.

But on her curly tutorials those were biolage products. Now which ones? I couldn't tell since they were facing the back (I hate it when stylists do that).

Please don't ask me why i ams uch a PJ.:look:

That lady hair came out gorgeous, if I could get my hair to dry like that my arms would be happy from all the pain I've been getting trying to rollerset lately, and I wouldn't use anything else, maybe pin-curls if I wanted to add some curls.

Ah I was focusing on the products she was using on her own hair. How do we find all of her videos?

LocksOfLuV said:
I know my products.:lol:

Especially that Keracare poo on the "washing relaxed hair" segment. I know that off colored runny stuff from anywhere.

Bump!! She finally called me back!:D
Okay well today she finally called back.

First of all I asked her if the hair was REALLY dried that smoothy under a dryer or was it blowdried for the sake of time. And she said YES it was ( I don't think she was lying, but you never know, but I believe her) dried under the dryer using that method that she demonstrated. She said it is very much possible to get the hair dried that straight.

She said in order to get the smoothness shown on the tape, the hair must be relaxed (common sense tells me it must be bone straight relaxed) and combed down VERY neatly/straight down. She said one should apply the foaming pomade (I will get to that in a second) on the hair, and comb the hair down nice and uniform. She says you can do it with newgrowth, but the roots will still be puffy but the remaining hair should be straight. She said sit under a dryer (preferably an ionic dryer) and the hair should dry nice and smooth and silky.

Now, I asked her what KIND of pomade she used and she couldn't remember the name:ohwell: , but she said it was called "Soft and Light Silky Pomade." I almost want to say it that is called "soft and light silky MILK pomade" but I am not sure so please don't quote me on the "milk" part. BUT she did say that Paul mitchell has a pomade that is just as good called Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade. She said she diluted her with water in that little spray bottle.

I hope that helps everyone. If someone could PLEASE call her and ask her the name of the pomade shown that would be very nice. I don't want to keep calling her like a psycho. :lol:

Here is a pic of the Paul Mitchell Pomade
paul-mitchell-pomade.jpg

I tried searching the other one and all the searches came up with Paul Mitchell.​

LocksOfLuV said:
Bump!! She finally called me back!:D

Okay well today she finally called back.

First of all I asked her if the hair was REALLY dried that smoothy under a dryer or was it blowdried for the sake of time. And she said YES it was ( I don't think she was lying, but you never know, but I believe her) dried under the dryer using that method that she demonstrated. She said it is very much possible to get the hair dried that straight.​

She said in order to get the smoothness shown on the tape, the hair must be relaxed (common sense tells me it must be bone straight relaxed) and combed down VERY neatly/straight down. She said one should apply the foaming pomade (I will get to that in a second) on the hair, and comb the hair down nice and uniform. She says you can do it with newgrowth, but the roots will still be puffy but the remaining hair should be straight. She said sit under a dryer (preferably an ionic dryer) and the hair should dry nice and smooth and silky.​

Now, I asked her what KIND of pomade she used and she couldn't remember the name:ohwell: , but she said it was called "Soft and Light Silky Pomade." I almost want to say it that is called "soft and light silky MILK pomade" but I am not sure so please don't quote me on the "milk" part. BUT she did say that Paul mitchell has a pomade that is just as good called Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade. She said she diluted her with water in that little spray bottle.​

I hope that helps everyone. If someone could PLEASE call her and ask her the name of the pomade shown that would be very nice. I don't want to keep calling her like a psycho. :lol:

Here is a pic of the Paul Mitchell Pomade
paul-mitchell-pomade.jpg

I tried searching the other one and all the searches came up with Paul Mitchell.​

Good job Locks!...we knew we could count on you!:lol:

klb120475 said:
Good job Locks!...we knew we could count on you!:lol:

You welc. I think I am gonna call her back. I am not fully satisfied until I find the name of that pomade.:look: I'm searching google like a mad woman.

I just got to think of a way to say, "hey it's me, the crazy girl who keeps calling you, did you find out the name of that stuff?":lol:

When I was living in Atlanta they DID get my hair that straight just sitting under the dryer b/c they administered relaxers THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD when I got them. I was never able to find anyone else who could do it as good or great of a job. Atlanta stylists are the bomb!

They would apply Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade in my hair and comb down and it would stay this straight until my hair dried. They would take me out from under there and straighten it with a marcel curling iron or whatever. This was back in the early 90's but I remember like it was yesterday.

There really isn't a secret on any of this and Liz Muller, I am sure, told everything she knew without holding back b/c it ain't that complicated. Again, her tutorials were very informative.

CurleeDST said:
When I was living in Atlanta they DID get my hair that straight just sitting under the dryer b/c they administered relaxers THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD when I got them. I was never able to find anyone else who could do it as good or great of a job. Atlanta stylists are the bomb!

They would apply Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade in my hair and comb down and it would stay this straight until my hair dried. They would take me out from under there and straighten it with a marcel curling iron or whatever. This was back in the early 90's but I remember like it was yesterday.

There really isn't a secret on any of this and Liz Muller, I am sure, told everything she knew without holding back b/c it ain't that complicated. Again, her tutorials were very informative.

Yes. I believe she was being truthfully honest. When she was trying to find out the name to the pomade she kept going "What is HIS name?!" which made me think maybe it is the paul mitchell pomade after all.

When I relax I am thinking of relaxing bone straight and if I do, I will use this technique.

Oh I can't wait til you try this technique. Post pictures! I am sure it is going to be so nice on you!!!

Keep us posted.

LocksOfLuV said:
Yes. I believe she was being truthfully honest. When she was trying to find out the name to the pomade she kept going "What is HIS name?!" which made me think maybe it is the paul mitchell pomade after all.

When I relax I am thinking of relaxing bone straight and if I do, I will use this technique.

CurleeDST said:
Oh I can't wait til you try this technique. Post pictures! I am sure it is going to be so nice on you!!!

Keep us posted.

I sure will. That's IF I do decide to relax bonestraight. But If I do, I will def. let yall know.

Thank you locksofluv, I'm going to be purchasing this pomemade and come July (at the end of my 6month stretch) I will definately be trying this. As a matter of fact, I'm going to try it tomorrow, NG and all, maybe it will tame it a little.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Thank you locksoflove, I'm going to be purchasing this pomemade and come July (at the end of my 6month stretch) I will definately be trying this. As a matter of fact, I'm going to try it tomorrow, NG and all, maybe it will tame it a little.

OOOh let us know!

LondonDiva said:
We are back to horse products.:lachen:

Ive only ever seen those type of combs used on horses and dogs.

http://www.ourpetshop.co.uk/Training/CombswithRotatingTeeth.htm
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=pet-supplies&field-keywords=shedding combs&page=1

They are metal and teeth rotate for shiny coats during animal grooming. The model she has is probably a horse model at that size.

Maybe they make them "for people" but Ive never seen it.

Last edited:
Back