Does anyone comb their hair straight down, & go under the dryer 4 it to dry straight?

fluffylocks

How does it turn out and how long is your hair?

I was watching a youtube video, lady named Ateyaaa washed and ect.'d her hair, then combed it straight down, and went under the dryer like that for 30min.

I never heard of that before, she blowdryed the rest....but her hair looked like it might have been dry after about 30 more minuets maybe?....

Her hair was like Shoulderlength...Mine APL...

Anyway, Anyone?

Re: Does anyone comb their hair straight down, & go under the dryer 4 it to dry strai

:yep:my stylist does this when I get my hair done. It cuts down on having to use the blow dryer. She then blow dries for like 5 min and my hair is dry.

Re: Does anyone comb their hair straight down, & go under the dryer 4 it to dry strai

I know the lady you are talking about! I subscribe to her vids. She is totally "That Girl"!!!

:yep:my stylist does this when I get my hair done. It cuts down on having to use the blow dryer. She then blow dries for like 5 min and my hair is dry.

Cool, Thanks!...How long do you stay under that and about what temp?
How long is your hair and have you seen her do it on any other people?

Thanks striaghtlovely!

I know the lady you are talking about! I subscribe to her vids. She is totally "That Girl"!!!

:lachen: I think she is so pretty, that was my first time watching one of her videos. Her haircut is feirce, the color is nice, and it looks smooth and shiny forget about how it moves.... I like her makeup too. I was thinking to myself she has to be a member here when she was using the aphogee products.

Cool, Thanks!...How long do you stay under that and about what temp?
How long is your hair and have you seen her do it on any other people?

Thanks striaghtlovely!

ummm i stay under for maybe 20 minutes...I'm not sure what temp it is though probably high though. I haven't seen her do it on anyone else most of her other clients get roller sets or roller wraps(at least when I'm in the shop). But I love my hair to be sleek! so it definitely helps with that w/o the tension of the blowdryer

I know salons that do this, they do it a lot if you have short hair .. too short for rollers. You'd go under the dryer for as long as it takes until its 80%-90% dry. Then you'd need to blow dry it straight. I would think though that you'd also need some product (like the girl in the video) so your hair won't puff up while drying, and a fine tooth comb.

ummm i stay under for maybe 20 minutes...I'm not sure what temp it is though probably high though. I haven't seen her do it on anyone else most of her other clients get roller sets or roller wraps(at least when I'm in the shop). But I love my hair to be sleek! so it definitely helps with that w/o the tension of the blowdryer

Oh okay, thanks. Me too! Plus if i want it straight, i dont want to do a rollerset, let that dry for 1:45, then wrap it and go back under for 10 min or whatever...too much manipluation and time for me.

I know salons that do this, they do it a lot if you have short hair .. too short for rollers. You'd go under the dryer for as long as it takes until its 80%-90% dry. Then you'd need to blow dry it straight. I would think though that you'd also need some product (like the girl in the video) so your hair won't puff up while drying, and a fine tooth comb.

Oh, i have seen that...with like top earlength hair and shorter.

Thanks Bri505!....Im going to try it, HOPEFULLY it will work....I was thining of trying to get it all the way dry and straight under there, but i think that is when the puffing up will def. start and so i'll just go by what you've told me, straightlovely, and the video. :yep: Thanks yall.

How does it turn out and how long is your hair?

I was watching a youtube video, lady named Ateyaaa washed and ect.'d her hair, then combed it straight down, and went under the dryer like that for 30min.

I never heard of that before, she blowdryed the rest....but her hair looked like it might have been dry after about 30 more minuets maybe?....

Her hair was like Shoulderlength...Mine APL...

Anyway, Anyone?

My friend visits a stylist in NY that does this and her hair SWAAANGS when she goes there. Granted she has great hair but still his technique MUST have contributed to it because I've never seen it that straight and silky when she went to other places. She said that he would apply a solution before putting her under the dryer but didn't know what it was.

My friend visits a stylist in NY that does this and her hair SWAAANGS when she goes there. Granted she has great hair but still his technique MUST have contributed to it because I've never seen it that straight and silky when she went to other places. She said that he would apply a solution before putting her under the dryer but didn't know what it was.

Thank-ya girl--How long was her hair?

Im trying to think if its longer than say your collar are you going to need to do something special so the bottom of the hair gets dry, seems like just the first 6-8" or so would be affected?

I know, it looks like a pretty good method...I wonder what was that solution..I hate it when they dont tell, i always ask. LOL

Thank-ya girl--How long was her hair?

Im trying to think if its longer than say your collar are you going to need to do something special so the bottom of the hair gets dry, seems like just the first 6-8" or so would be affected?

I know, it looks like a pretty good method...I wonder what was that solution..I hate it when they dont tell, i always ask. LOL

She doesn't go often to the salon so hopefully she'll remember the name of the product they apply on her hair. At the very least, I can get the stylist's name and the name of the salon so you can call and just ask them for the process. Her hair is past BSL...
PM me for a reminder if i don't respond soon...

She doesn't go often to the salon so hopefully she'll remember the name of the product they apply on her hair. At the very least, I can get the stylist's name and the name of the salon so you can call and just ask them for the process. Her hair is past BSL...
PM me for a reminder if i don't respond soon...

Oh WOW thank you so much Fine, and im amazed that this works for her BSL hair/slightly longer so that was good to hear.

i hate that. i had a stylist do that to me once. my hair is apl and my ends dried raggity. she kept insisting that i needed my ends clip. im thinking if you would have blw dried me(cause i aint afraid of a blow drier) they wouldnt have been crunchy and crap. i never went back. the only way i would do it if if i ran the drier through it afterwards for at least 5 minutes to straighten the ends.

they do it at the salon i went to. leave you under that hot a** thing for about an hour with only this foam on your edges to slick 'em down. Your hair ends up so dry and crispy!

I don't go to a hairdresser anymore, but this is how she would do my hair too.

When I used to get my hair done at a salon, before I went to a salon that did good rollersets, I had a stylist who did this. She combed my hair, let it dry under the dryer hanging straight down, then she flat ironed it and bumped the ends.

I do this, I also put a scarf on my hair to smooth the edges while under the dryer, then remove scarf 10-15 minutes later.

My friend's stylist does this, but she puts a couple of magnetic rollers in the crown, too. Then when you come out she blow dries and flat irons the hair...I don't get the logistics behind the roller in the top since it's being followed with the blow dryer, but oh well...:look:

i hate that. i had a stylist do that to me once. my hair is apl and my ends dried raggity. she kept insisting that i needed my ends clip. im thinking if you would have blw dried me(cause i aint afraid of a blow drier) they wouldnt have been crunchy and crap. i never went back. the only way i would do it if if i ran the drier through it afterwards for at least 5 minutes to straighten the ends.

they do it at the salon i went to. leave you under that hot a** thing for about an hour with only this foam on your edges to slick 'em down. Your hair ends up so dry and crispy!

:perplexed Oooh. :nono:

Thank yall for answering....So im guessing the problem is that you do NEED to blowdry for a couple of min. and NOT stay under there the whole time :ohwell:

When I used to get my hair done at a salon, before I went to a salon that did good rollersets, I had a stylist who did this. She combed my hair, let it dry under the dryer hanging straight down, then she flat ironed it and bumped the ends.

So she let your hair get completly dry this way? Was your hair ever cripsy?

I do this, I also put a scarf on my hair to smooth the edges while under the dryer, then remove scarf 10-15 minutes later.

THANKS! I like this tip...What do you use on your hair and how long do you stay under? Do you let your hair get 100% dry or blowdry after? And do you flatiron after as well?

My friend's stylist does this, but she puts a couple of magnetic rollers in the crown, too. Then when you come out she blow dries and flat irons the hair...I don't get the logistics behind the roller in the top since it's being followed with the blow dryer, but oh well...:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I know LOL

I might try it tho :look: Thanks! LOL....Does it come out looking pretty good?

Um can someone post a link to one of her youtube videos please..

my roommate in college did that as an alternative to wrapping. I thought it turn out nice. she'll slicked it back with setting lotion and stayed under dryer until it was dry and then she will curl it. her hair was relax bone straight.

i used to sit under the dryer for 20 to 30 minutes and then blowdry because i wasn't relax bone straight.

I have been to a salon or two where they would do that but I think they would do that because they overbooked and they had to put you somewhere.

My old stylist did that.

Hey Fluffylocks!
Yeah her turns out fine (but it turns out better when I do her hair though :look:)

Basically, sitting under is just going to speed up the drying process (as opposed to waiting for the hair to airdry to 80% dry) so that the blowdryer doesn't potentially damage the hair. Blowdrying to style requires damp not wet hair anyway.

So, I say give it a try (sans the magnetic roller, y'know cuz why?! :giggle: )

I think having foam wrap in the hair while under there helps the hair overall too (contains heat protecting properties) and since the blowdryer is used for less time, it probably won't damage the hair anyways (provided it's on medium temp)

Does this cut down on tangling? When I wear buns, I usually wet bun, but I think that by airdrying in a bun, the middle of my hair gets extremely tangly.

Back