Is it best to take Evening Primrose orally or...

tekmommie

Is it best to use it topically? I have some of the Oil from GNC and basically it says to take for 2 weeks and apply topically as needed.

FACTS: GNC Natural Brand Evening Primrose Oil 1FL oz

Amount per serving
Vitamin E 30IU Daily value %100
Evening Primrose Extract 500MG

Other Ingredients: Soybean oil, Cinnamon oil, Methylparaben and Propylparaben

Contains no fillers, binders, artificial color, yeast, wheat, gluten, dairy or starch.

Also is the Cinnamon oil in it to stimulate the scalp, stimulate circulation or???

Can someone help me figure this out please??
confused.gif

TIA

Tekmommie...IMHO, it's best to take it orally to get the benefits of the Omega 3s and GLAs (which is VERY benefical to the entire body, esp for women), but it's also nice topically, esp. on the face. It works well in face creams and masks.....esp. if you want moisturizing and anti-aging benefits. It can also be used on the hair, but I think it'll have most benefit for that taken orally.

If you have it in liquid form, be sure to keep it in the fridge. If you want tp add it to a facial product or make a hair oil, be sure to use some vitamin E to stave off the EP oil going bad.

Jamaraa,

Thank you very much, the information you provided is very valuable to me, because I had no idea!

I think I will take it orally and add it to some facial products as you advised.

Thanks again
angel.gif

Back