Is anyone doing this?

Kiki82

and is it necessary? okay... for those of you who wash 2x's a week and only do 1 treatment each wash.... basically rotating moisture treatments and mild protein treatments.

After doing your moisture treatment do you use a protein based moisturizer....like the motions cpr antibreak lotion...or something else similar. And after a protein treatment do you use a regular moisturizer.....

I am asking because I am always hearing that you should balance protein and moisture...is that for ONLY treatments....or everything that you do to your hair?

TIA,
Kiki82

This is my regimen. I wash 2x's per week. Wednesday's are Mild Protein Days: Aphogee 2minute, Redken Extreme Force, Mizani Renew Strength. I use any ONE of these mild proteins with castor oil and coconut oil added, and sit under a warm dryer for at least 30minutes. After I rinse well, I apply a moisturizing Leave In(seal with oil), tie with silk scarf and go to bed. Saturday's are my Moisture Days: CON Professional Extreme Moisture, KeraCare Humecto, Mizani HydraFuse. I use any ONE of these with castor oil, coconut oil, and honey added, and sit under a warm dryer for at least 30minutes. After I rinse well, I apply a moisturizing leave in(seal with oil), tie with silk scarf and go about my Saturday chores.

This has been my routine for about a year. My hair LOVES :love: this regimen, and thrives from it. I know some heads are not very fond of weekly protein, no matter how mild....so you gotta do what works for you.

THIS HERE works like a charm for ME!! :yep:

From now on, I think I will be washing 1x per week and just mix 1 part mild protein conditioner to 1 part moisturizing conditioner mixed with a little coconut oil under the dryer for 30 minutes. I will then add a strengthening leave-in (HH LTR), seal with oil and see how that works. That way, you're getting bother in on one day and reducing the manipulation and having to wash 2x per week. Anyone else doing this with good results?

This is my regimen. I wash 2x's per week. Wednesday's are Mild Protein Days: Aphogee 2minute, Redken Extreme Force, Mizani Renew Strength. I use any ONE of these mild proteins with castor oil and coconut oil added, and sit under a warm dryer for at least 30minutes. After I rinse well, I apply a moisturizing Leave In(seal with oil), tie with silk scarf and go to bed. Saturday's are my Moisture Days: CON Professional Extreme Moisture, KeraCare Humecto, Mizani HydraFuse. I use any ONE of these with castor oil, coconut oil, and honey added, and sit under a warm dryer for at least 30minutes. After I rinse well, I apply a moisturizing leave in(seal with oil), tie with silk scarf and go about my Saturday chores.

This has been my routine for about a year. My hair LOVES :love: this regimen, and thrives from it. I know some heads are not very fond of weekly protein, no matter how mild....so you gotta do what works for you.

THIS HERE works like a charm for ME!! :yep:

Thanks for this repsonse as of right now I do both protein and moisture on the same day 2X's a weeks, but to keep it simple I was thinking of doing one treatment on each day and follow up with the opposite maintenence products....and still have a balance. If I did a moisture treatment and followed it up with a protein moisturizer would I continue to use the protein moisturizer until my next wash day...and then my next wash day would be a protein treatment but I would follow it up with a regular moisturizer??

It's all about whatever your hair likes.
I use protein as needed, which isn't often. even though I am relaxed, my strands are very coarse. Protein overload is an absolute nightmare and i can't afford having to fix it so often. So I use it (Aphogee 2 min, EQP Intense, ORS Hair Mayo) every 4-6 weeks. Or whenever my hair is soft AND as my relaxer midstep (of course).
Hth

Back