Interested in FHI Runway's identical twin??

MyAngelEyez~C~U

GrandPerfumes.com has the H2Pro 206 LE on sale for $199, and if you use coupon code fallsale, you get an additional 10% off. This iron is supposedly identical to the FHI Runway (same manufacturer, different name).

I've already ordered mine, cuz I knew once I told ya'll, they'd probably sell out:look:.

Best-Flat-Iron.jpg

- Patented I.C.H.S. technology (Integrated Ceramic Heating System)
- Instantaneous heat recovery system – virtually no loss of heat
- Ultra rapid heat-up time – 33% quicker than current professional series
- True 100% solid ceramic fused plates producing maximum far-infrared heat
- Solid ceramic plates will never peel and damage hair
- Damp to dry styling versatility
- True ionic technology produces maximum shine and conditioning of hair
- Self adjusting plate system
- Seals cuticle to lock in moisture and repel humidity
- Protects Color and retards fading
- Eliminates frizz

Tis' all. :look:

Last edited:
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i spend months researching flatirons...ONE DAY after I order one from folica you post this??? argh the agony :(

let me know how it works out for you

Searching for a flat iron is really frustrating. There are so many to choose from.

I have a Sedu and I'm going to stick with it for now simply because I can't make a decision on which one to purchase.

I do like that this one has the solid ceramic plates.

Thanks!

how do you kno it works as good as the runway?

Well, I don't have first hand knowledge since I've never owned either one. however, I've done some site to site research on it, and there are a few threads here on the forum that discuss the similarity as well. The entire series is supposedly made by the same manufacturer, with identical specs. As with all things, purchase at your own risk. I decided to purchase. You don't have to. :look:

Here are a few threads to check out:

H2Pro Flat Iron

Hanna Elite Flat Iron or FHI Runway...an analysis
(read through for more opinions)

FHI Runway users who previously owned the Platform...

You can do a search for more. I think I found one negative thread from 2007.

YOu can also check out Frizzy2Silky's product Description here.

Last edited:
Well, I don't have first hand knowledge since I've never owned either one. however, I've done some site to site research on it, and there are a few threads here on the forum that discuss the similarity as well. The entire series is supposedly made by the same manufacturer, with identical specs. As with all things, purchase at your own risk. I decided to purchase. You don't have to. :look:

Here are a few threads to check out:

H2Pro Flat Iron

Hanna Elite Flat Iron or FHI Runway...an analysis
(read through for more opinions)

FHI Runway users who previously owned the Platform...

You can do a search for more. I think I found one negative thread from 2007.

YOu can also check out Frizzy2Silky's product Description here.

oh ok. thanks. just wondering...

also, do you mind doing a review once you use it?

*covers face*
I did it. Oh my goodness...*shortness of breath from money withdrawl*

But really, I knew this was probably going to be the cheapest I could find a flat iron identical to the FHI Runway. That and I saw pics of a member who's stylist used the H2pro and her hair was slammin'.

*covers face*
I did it. Oh my goodness...*shortness of breath from money withdrawl*

But really, I knew this was probably going to be the cheapest I could find a flat iron identical to the FHI Runway. That and I saw pics of a member who's stylist used the H2pro and her hair was slammin'.

I got that, too, :lachen:, and I felt a lil faint. But I'm excited to use it. I should get it by Tuesday, and I'll do my daughter's hair with it (I'm in braids right now...I'm such a pj:grin:).

Last edited:
I have both, the Runway and the H2pro and they're the exact same. I dropped my Runway's once and they broke and decided to try the H2Pro... I called the company and they told me they were the same as Runway's. After trying the H2Pro, I didn' see a difference, look the same and behave the same.

I have both, the Runway and the H2pro and they're the exact same. I dropped my Runway's once and they broke and decided to try the H2Pro... I called the company and they told me they were the same as Runway's. After trying the H2Pro, I didn' see a difference, look the same and behave the same.

How do you like the iron? Is it UNBELIEVABLY good? LOL Do you love it?!

Oh, I don't know what to do! :wallbash:
I don't NEED this now, but if I miss out on free shipping, a reduced price, and a 10% discount I'll really be kicking myself later when it's almost $400.

I really wonder how long they'll have this deal.

Oh, I don't know what to do! :wallbash:
I don't NEED this now, but if I miss out on free shipping, a reduced price, and a 10% discount I'll really be kicking myself later when it's almost $400.

I really wonder how long they'll have this deal.

I was wondering about this too...I should've waited till tomorrow morning to make the order, especially after asking questions first...:sad: Great, now I feel like canceling my order!!! But like you said, I'm afraid that if I let this deal go, I wont see a reduced price like this in a long time.

Hmm, it's only $195 at beautymember.net and they have a 3 year warranty vs. 30 days. It might be worth paying shipping and losing out on the 10% discount for that.

that's where I bought mine, but I paid 180. It's a great iron, no difference than the runway.

Searching for a flat iron is really frustrating. There are so many to choose from.

I have a Sedu and I'm going to stick with it for now simply because I can't make a decision on which one to purchase.

I do like that this one has the solid ceramic plates.

Thanks!

Yes it is frustrating, I'm still trying to figure out why is a $250 flat iron is much better then a Ceramic $40 flat iron. I have no doubts in these high price or name brand irons, I just want to really know what the difference. Does it damage hair less, Does it make hair flat iron effect last longer, is it only intended for professional use.. list goes on forever with me...

Crystal thanks so, so much for sharing this!

I just purchased one of these about two weeks ago. I was going to post about it when I take my sew-in out so that I could post full-blown flat ironed pics on natural hair. Anyhow, since you all are way ahead of me. I'll say that this indeed the best flat iron ice ever owned! Somehow my hair doesn't frizz or revert and it was raining all day here in atlanta today! I purchased mine from frizzy2silky.com for $212, free shipping. I've owned a ghd and I purchased a sedu revolution a few months ago (which I'm selling if anyone wants), but this flat iron leaves me with silky, super-shiny hair in one pass. Love it and I recommend it to all. I haven't used an fhi runway, but i was told that they are the same iron by two professional stylists at well known, respected salons here in Atlanta. Hth

I received my Iron today. So Grand perfumes is indeed an authorized seller,, since my iron was shipped from directly from North Bear Beauty Systems (the maker of the H2Pro irons). I was concerned because my iron said 204LE on the inside, so I called NB Beauty Systems and asked them about this. They said the 204LE and the 206LE are the same iron with minor cosmetic differences(2mm difference in plate thickness). And he said it is comparable to the FHI Runway. So I will try it out on my daughter this evening when I do her BKT, and I will post pics and a review then, too.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about the difference in the numbers, so you don't freak out like I did in case yours has the same thing.

Last edited:
I received my Iron today. So Grand perfumes is indeed an authorized seller,, since my iron wash shipped from directly from North Bear Beaty Systems (the maker of the H2Pro irons). I was concerned because my iron said 204LE on the inside, so I called NB Beauty Systems and asked them about this. They said the 204LE and the 206LE are the same iron with minor cosmetic differences(2mm difference in plate thickness). And he said it is comparable to the FHI Runway. So I will try it out on my daughter this evening when I do her BKT, and I will post pics and a review then, too.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about the difference in the numbers, so you don't freak out like I did in case yours has the same thing.

What? Even if they're almost identical, if they're advertising a 206LE, that's what I expect to receive.
Anyway, I hope you love it! Can't wait for the review.

What? Even if they're almost identical, if they're advertising a 206LE, that's what I expect to receive.
Anyway, I hope you love it! Can't wait for the review.

I agree. If it wasn't for the fact that it came directly from the company, I woulda sent it back. Here, the 204LE is selling for $269. I am going to call Grand Perfumes and talk to them about it though. I wonder if those who order from Frizzy2Silky or folica are getting the 204 or the 206. Ladies, can you check your irons?

ETA, I have the manager from Grand Perfumes calling me back when he gets in. The young man answering the phone has my info printed out already, so I'll see what they say.

Last edited:
Alright, I spoke to Sonny from Grand Perfumes. He told me he spoke withthe representative from NB Beauty Systems (H2Pro), and was assurred that there is no differernce, other than cosmetic, between the 204LE and the 206 LE. H2Pro says they frequently ship out either iron depending on stock, but they are of equal quality. I have asked Sonny to allow that to be reflected on theri website, and he has assured me that their advert will be adjusted to reflect these facts. If youare ordering from Folica or anywhere else, you will likely get teh same thing, since they are coming directly from the manufacturer. Sonny says that if youare not satisfied with the 204LE, he would be happy to have then send you the 206LE. He also said that he was happy that this post was here, and that he appreciates our business (he is aware of LHCF). If at any time you have questions, please visit H2Pro's website and you can call the number directly (as I did) for question concerning this product.

I have decided to try mine out, since he has already said I can return it for the 206LE if I'm not satisfied.

Hope everyone has a good experience.

Mine has 204Le on it also... i called h2pro and they said it was the same. Since I owned the runway's also I knew what to expect and if the irons didn't live up to it I was sending them back but they were fine. My runway's says 206le on it though...

Thanks for the info. I will keep this iron in mind if my runway ever gives out. I will say that I paid about $30 more for my runway so I don't feel bad:grin:

well, i did a test run on my baby's hair, and got nice results. I just straightened the nape of her hair, and her texture is 3c/4a, I think. Did a better job than my FHI platform, and her hair is silky soft. So I am satisfied,and will keep my iron. I will be doing my older daughter's 4a/b hair later this evening. I'll post pics of that, too.

Attachments

• Photo on 2009-11-24 at 17.36.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-24 at 17.36.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Photo on 2009-11-24 at 17.37.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-24 at 17.37.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Photo on 2009-11-24 at 17.37 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2009-11-24 at 17.37 #3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 95
Back