Interested in FHI Runway's identical twin??

Just got mine yesterday! I shampooed my hair last night, but I'm wearing it curly until Friday. Plan to use the iron then.

I did receive a 206LE as stated and it came from H2Pro directly. Or at least that's what the shipping label says. I may send it back after I use it on Friday :look:... because I "think" it has a slight crack or something on the plates. The plates are smooth, but I see a slight discolored line that may or may not be a crack. I'm a little picky about stuff like that, but I want to get it check out before warranty expires, etc.

Just got mine yesterday! I shampooed my hair last night, but I'm wearing it curly until Friday. Plan to use the iron then.

I did receive a 206LE as stated and it came from H2Pro directly. Or at least that's what the shipping label says. I may send it back after I use it on Friday :look:... because I "think" it has a slight crack or something on the plates. The plates are smooth, but I see a slight discolored line that may or may not be a crack. I'm a little picky about stuff like that, but I want to get it check out before warranty expires, etc.

I hope it's not cracked! They ain't playin' when they say ceramic...the clink I hear when the plates come together is an instant reminder to be careful with it. If you think it is, send it back.

I hope it's not cracked! They ain't playin' when they say ceramic...the clink I hear when the plates come together is an instant reminder to be careful with it. If you think it is, send it back.

I just tried to call them this morning, will call back this afternoon to find out what I'll need to do. My fear is the reports of everyone saying they are "sold out" of the 206LE. I won't accept the 204LE... I don't care if they are similar; I'm just saying I want what I paid for. :look: At any rate I'll keep you guys posted. I may not be a crack, it may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but either way I'm gonna make sure before it's a problem.

It's supposed to have the same results as the 204 but look a wee bit different, right? My iron is out for delivery right now, but I believe Angel said that they are sending out the 204 cuz it's basically the same?

I’ve never seen the h2pro 206LE. The only other place I’ve seen 206LE is on my FHI Runway’s. There’s a sticker on the inside that says 206LE In comparing the H2Pro 204LE and the FHI Runway, they look the same except for some minor differences. As far as performance goes, I can not tell a difference between the runway’s and the h2Pro’s. They work virtually the same.

I’ve never seen the h2pro 206LE. The only other place I’ve seen 206LE is on my FHI Runway’s. There’s a sticker on the inside that says 206LE In comparing the H2Pro 204LE and the FHI Runway, they look the same except for some minor differences. As far as performance goes, I can not tell a difference between the runway’s and the h2Pro’s. They work virtually the same.

I have the 206LE by H2Pro. It does say limited edition on the box. It looks EXACTLY like the FHI Runway my stylist has though. Except in the spring bend it says H2Pro instead of FHI. Otherwise it's identical. And the performance should be the same because they were manufactored at the same place. My guess is the same assembly line with 2 different buttons to put in the side springs. LOL!

What is really the deal with the 204 LE? Is there such thing as 206 LE or is that just what # the fhi runway is? Mine says 206 le on the box but in the iron it says 204 le...it also says runway 1" in there too.

I noticed last night mine says 204 on the sticker too. So, oh well...

At any rate, I called Grandperfumes.com only for them to tell me to call H2Pro directly. The guy at H2Pro was very friendly and asked that I send the flat irons back to him directly and he'd take a look at them to see the crack I told him about. He said they would then send me out a new replacement flat iron.

So with that said, I STILL haven't used MY H2Pro :wallbash:. It makes me a little sad that it came out of the box with the tiny crack in it. I mean it's like a hair line fracture, but I can see it, so I don't want to keep something that came out of the box that way... then when I have real issues, they may not want to honor the warranty because I didn't speak up. So, I'll take my chances of sending it back and just hope that I'll be able to straighten my own hair before Christmas with my new irons.

I'll keep y'all posted.

I noticed last night mine says 204 on the sticker too. So, oh well...

At any rate, I called Grandperfumes.com only for them to tell me to call H2Pro directly. The guy at H2Pro was very friendly and asked that I send the flat irons back to him directly and he'd take a look at them to see the crack I told him about. He said they would then send me out a new replacement flat iron.

So with that said, I STILL haven't used MY H2Pro :wallbash:. It makes me a little sad that it came out of the box with the tiny crack in it. I mean it's like a hair line fracture, but I can see it, so I don't want to keep something that came out of the box that way... then when I have real issues, they may not want to honor the warranty because I didn't speak up. So, I'll take my chances of sending it back and just hope that I'll be able to straighten my own hair before Christmas with my new irons.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Good luck and I hope you get your new iron quick! I mightve not looked carefully, but how did you like the iron? Were the results comparable/the same as the results you get when your stylist used the H2Pro in your hair?

I'm not straightening my hair till next week, but I'm anxious!

Good luck and I hope you get your new iron quick! I mightve not looked carefully, but how did you like the iron? Were the results comparable/the same as the results you get when your stylist used the H2Pro in your hair?

I'm not straightening my hair till next week, but I'm anxious!

I didn't use it before I sent it back. I may not get his results just yet because I don't have a great hair dryer. But plans are to get that in January. I'm working in stages to not break the bank. So, now that I have the steamer, the flat iron (well will have it back soon), I'll get the dryer and pray to see his results at home. But I'll let you know how it ends up looking even before I get the good dryer.

Just spoke with Myron @ H2Pro today. He said they got my iron yesterday and that while he couldn't find the crack, he took it to a female co-worker and she found it right away just from the slightest touch. They are sending me a new one today and he took the new one out and inspected it himself :)

I'm already pleased with H2Pro's customer service. They are prompt, friendly and helpful. He also told me that they plan to be at Bronner Brother's this year and other hair shows across the country. We discussed the discontinued Runway and he said that FHI can NEVER make the Runway as it was again and that the H2Pro company holds the patent to that iron (he confirmed the H2Pro and Runway are identical irons as far as engineering goes).

Anywho, I know that's TMI, but I'm excited that my NEW new iron is on it's way! I still won't be using it this week since I go to the salon tomorrow, but will be ready to use it at home next week :D

I believe my hair is too short to flat iron (and still look good on me!), not to mention I have never done it before, which makes me nervous to try, but daaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnng I know which flat iron I am buying when I am ready!

Just spoke with Myron @ H2Pro today. He said they got my iron yesterday and that while he couldn't find the crack, he took it to a female co-worker and she found it right away just from the slightest touch. They are sending me a new one today and he took the new one out and inspected it himself :)

I'm already pleased with H2Pro's customer service. They are prompt, friendly and helpful. He also told me that they plan to be at Bronner Brother's this year and other hair shows across the country. We discussed the discontinued Runway and he said that FHI can NEVER make the Runway as it was again and that the H2Pro company holds the patent to that iron (he confirmed the H2Pro and Runway are identical irons as far as engineering goes).

Anywho, I know that's TMI, but I'm excited that my NEW new iron is on it's way! I still won't be using it this week since I go to the salon tomorrow, but will be ready to use it at home next week :D

This is great news! I love reading about fabulous customer service :grin:

I'm glad to hear that your iron is on it's way! I am thinking of doing a vid on flat-ironing when I take my braids out. I did my sister's relaxed hair and she said her hair moved like it was a weave, and my 14yo says some boy at school accused her of having "tracks" because her hair swung in the breeze, :lachen::lachen:. I am so ready to take my braids down, but I am trying to wait at least a couple more weeks...

:yay::dance7::love::clapping: --> This is how happy I am with my iron. I finally used it today and my hair feels and looks GREAT! I especially wanted to see if the results with this iron were drastic enough to keep it because I have the Platform and have never had any probs with it gettin my hair straight and swingin. Well, this iron somehow seemed to outdo the Platform-- my hair is so light and airy, is SWINGIN like nobody's business and my hair is chin length (most of it).

One gripe I had about the platform was that it made my hair feel kinda dry afterwards (even though it got my hair straight and silky) and if I would pass over a section again (to curl/flip/feather or restraighten), that section would feel extra dry and crispy... with this iron, I had initally bumped my hair as I was going through each section and thought I looked like a mushroom...so I went over bigger sections, making it straighter/less curled...my hair still feels soft, moisturized and is still silky and swangin. Oooohhhh my goodness, don't sleep on this iron; it was worth the price. I've found my new love, ladies... I've found my new love.:Rose:

Thank you!! This thread is very informative. This will be my next purchase.

I finally posted pictures of my results in my fotki :grin:. Also in the thread here.

Thanks MyAngelEyez for posting the info on the sale! I'd been waiting for a sale JUST LIKE THIS ever since my stylist first used the H2Pro 206LE on my hair. And guess what, after Christmas, the salon started selling them for $100 more than I paid for mine :spinning:! Glad I got the sale price!

ETA: Check my profile for fotki info.

Thanks to OP and FAMUDva's results, I bought mine today!
I was terrified that the price would jump up if I waited any longer, lol.
I'm so excited! Haven't flat ironed in years!

I shouldn't have come into this thread after seeing FAM's results. I'm really tempted. Really, really tempted.

Gotta get my Wii first, though. Right?

I shouldn't have come into this thread after seeing FAM's results. I'm really tempted. Really, really tempted.

Gotta get my Wii first, though. Right?

Well, your siggy does say you're "serious about haircare again..." :look: :grin:
Plus, the price of Wii ain't going up like the price of this might. You know you want to :poke:

I finally posted pictures of my results in my fotki :grin:. Also in the thread here.

Thanks MyAngelEyez for posting the info on the sale! I'd been waiting for a sale JUST LIKE THIS ever since my stylist first used the H2Pro 206LE on my hair. And guess what, after Christmas, the salon started selling them for $100 more than I paid for mine :spinning:! Glad I got the sale price!

ETA: Check my profile for fotki info.

Looks great!I'm so glad you like your iron! I love mine!! Always leaves my hair soft and shiny:yep:.

Back