Interabled Youtube Couple

Didn’t she already get married(hence the ring)?

At this point this is a grown married woman and all this faux outrage is pointless :lol:

I watched the above video and if you read between the lines, it sounds like YouTube is getting them a pretty big bag and she wants to foray that into a nonprofit and go back to school later so she can do that. It sounds like they did a TED Talk too, which is a pretty big deal.

I know us black folks preach education but if sis is getting the bag without it and having that huge reach she wants...is it really necessary(though she did say she wants to go back)?Plus, the stress put her in the hospital, yeah ,no.

It sounds like she knows exactly what she’s doing (or thinks she does) and the way her hubbs was emphatically shaking his head when she said she doesn’t think She needs to work a 9-5 , it sounds like her partner is supportive enough to make it happen regardless(and she said he apparently has several nonprofits ,which I’ve heard can be lucrative for some :look: )

Ive pretty much only seen this and their support dog video, but they seem happy and wholesome *shrug
I agree with all of this. She has the legal protection of marriage. There is seemingly financial security and a comfortable lifestyle being provided. I also think that Charisma is getting some very specific emotional needs met from this relationship that would not be on the table with an a fully abled bodied man. A lot of people just see the racial component of this relationship but there are women who desire heterosexual relationships but are physically intimidated by men due to past trauma. What is the dude in the wheelchair going to do that you don't allow? There's levels and layers to unorthodox relationships.
I don’t doubt that charisma is sincere. I am worried about Cole and his confederate flag waving relatives. Tho I’m sure they will put up with a lot to have him cared for.
I would put money on that if some Trump confederate racist shenanigans popped off, Charisma is the safest negro in whatever tri county area they are in. His parents have zero white girl who don't come from Trash options to pawn their son off on for life, they ain't letting nothing happen to their Willy Wonka Golden Chocolate caretaking DIL.

My friend sent me this article about them and this quote really stood out: https://www.wtvr.com/2019/02/11/roll-with-cole-and-charisma/

“Because he loves me so much, he's made me realize how valuable of a person I am," Charisma added.
In my not so humble opinion, that's what being loved is supposed to do. If you take that same statement but said it was coming from her parents or friends would it stand out? “Because my father loves me so much, he's made me realize how valuable of a person I am," IJS.

In my not so humble opinion, that's what being loved is supposed to do. If you take that same statement but said it was coming from her parents or friends would it stand out? “Because my father loves me so much, he's made me realize how valuable of a person I am," IJS.
Imma agree to disagree.

I agree with all of this. She has the legal protection of marriage. There is seemingly financial security and a comfortable lifestyle being provided. I also think that Charisma is getting some very specific emotional needs met from this relationship that would not be on the table with an a fully abled bodied man. A lot of people just see the racial component of this relationship but there are women who desire heterosexual relationships but are physically intimidated by men due to past trauma. What is the dude in the wheelchair going to do that you don't allow? There's levels and layers to unorthodox relationships.

I would put money on that if some Trump confederate racist shenanigans popped off, Charisma is the safest negro in whatever tri county area they are in. His parents have zero white girl who don't come from Trash options to pawn their son off on for life, they ain't letting nothing happen to their Willy Wonka Golden Chocolate caretaking DIL.
I’m more concerned about passive aggressiveness and slights within their family, not outside threats. I have no doubt they’d protect her either.

Imma agree to disagree.

Ditto. I read that as "because he needs me so much, I am worthy" which didn't come through as emotionally healthy.

Yes, the stress of being in school and a care giver, renovating the house to accommodate your special needs boyfriend and running a /YouTube channel would be enough to put one in the hospital.

I don’t doubt that charisma is sincere. I am worried about Cole and his confederate flag waving relatives. Tho I’m sure they will put up with a lot to have him cared for.

She was not married in the video above.

but you’re right, she’s a grown, now married woman. I really do hope she gets all the happiness she deserves.

The order of events is off here. She dropped out of OT school at least a year or so ago. It was definitely before they were even engaged let alone married and house shopping/home owners. They pretty much were growing their channel and she was commuting 2-3+ hrs to NoVa and such at the same time. That commute alone would take me out. Besides she already has her undergraduate degree I believe. I'm not saying I agree with all that's going on as I stated upthread and I've only checked in for milestones, but I wanted to clear up that she wasn't juggling school and all that stuff at the same time.

She and Cole will be fine Im sure and I do think he and the family are sincere.

Last edited:
This couple’s wedding was featured in The NY Times. I only know of them from this thread, so I was surprised to see the article.

I'm glad people here are totally open about their thoughts on this.

It helps me realize how little my thoughts resemble the thoughts of the majority of society--
which people usually
keep in their secret hearts (or talk about behind closed doors) ,
and how happy I am with my life choices of staying away from the majority of society who I guess... I TRULY , deeply despise. But that's how Nazis took off -the majority of society- not the minority.

It helps me realize how little my thoughts resemble the thoughts of the majority of society--
which people usually
and how happy I am with my life choices of staying away from the majority of society who I guess... I TRULY , deeply despise. But that's how Nazis took off -the majority of society- not the minority.
Would you care to explain more? If not, I understand. Just trying to hear more of your perspective.

I don't think I could get much clearer (??) :dazed:
Human beings are, by habit or necessity, hypocrites.

For appearances or ego (e.g. want to believe they are a certain type of person)...

Online in places where your real name is not being shown, people are less worried about that.
So they do not filter out the dregs.

The dregs, when unspoken in real life come out in all kinds of
perplexing, seemingly inexplicable behaviour/actions /passive - aggressive ways.

Then too, there is the frustration/resentment of feeling they can't say what they really think and act how they really are...
they direct this frustration at the weakest link, making that the 'source' of it, even if it is not logical- and gang up where they can.

reading the type of logic people actually follow and agree on, with this thread as a 'case study' -- explains the bolded part to me. It's not what a person says when you know their face and/or name-- it's what they really think, that drives the bolded part above.

It also explains why the world is what it is.

What they think, is, for me, a very soulless + unreasonable + sickening way to see the world...
so then you wonder why you feel disgusted, uneasy or at risk of being targeted, among most people.

If what people said was exactly as they thought, though, it would be an even worse world -

-If they leave it unsaid, there is that veil, which by God's grace.... leaves room for them changing their minds or
allowing or
doing things they know are the right thing to do - priority-wise - even if they aren't fully convinced in other ways-

- - so there is all that space., that veil remaining, that keeps much of the modern world --not all of it--
from following trends that result in genocide, putting people in concentration camps, etc.

It's still a fine veil, and therefore an unsafe place to be, no guarantee-
so being a committed loner is the only way to peace of mind. I was trying to be honest too, and not wording my reaction to be nicer and less judgemental.

I don't think I could get much clearer (??) :dazed:
Human beings are, by habit or necessity, hypocrites.

For appearances or ego (e.g. want to believe they are a certain type of person)...

Online in places where your real name is not being shown, people are less worried about that.
So they do not filter out the dregs.

The dregs, when unspoken in real life come out in all kinds of
perplexing, seemingly inexplicable behaviour/actions /passive - aggressive ways.

Then too, there is the frustration/resentment of feeling they can't say what they really think and act how they really are...
they direct this frustration at the weakest link, making that the 'source' of it, even if it is not logical- and gang up where they can.

reading the type of logic people actually follow and agree on, with this thread as a 'case study' -- explains the bolded part to me. It's not what a person says when you know their face and/or name-- it's what they really think, that drives the bolded part above.

It also explains why the world is what it is.

What they think, is, for me, a very soulless + unreasonable + sickening way to see the world...
so then you wonder why you feel disgusted, uneasy or at risk of being targeted, among most people.

If what people said was exactly as they thought, though, it would be an even worse world -

-If they leave it unsaid, there is that veil, which by God's grace.... leaves room for them changing their minds or
allowing or
doing things they know are the right thing to do - priority-wise - even if they aren't fully convinced in other ways-

- - so there is all that space., that veil remaining, that keeps much of the modern world --not all of it--
from following trends that result in genocide, putting people in concentration camps, etc.

It's still a fine veil, and therefore an unsafe place to be, no guarantee-
so being a committed loner is the only way to peace of mind. I was trying to be honest too, and not wording my reaction to be nicer and less judgemental.
Thanks for sharing.

which people usually
Not sure exactly what you mean, even after reading your other explanation.

However, how can you be sure that any opinions in this thread can be an accurate representation of the “majority of society”? Especially when this thread seems to have opinions from differing sides?

Yes, people are definitely more likely to be filterless online than they are in real life.

Having said all that, I apologize if I have contributed in any way to your continued outlook on society. What I take from disagreements, especially on this forum, is that I can disagree with people that I still find to be good people and not dredges of society. I suppose it’s how you want to look at it.

If you want to be truly disillusioned, go to “the other site” and see the negativity. This site, in general, has a very optimistic and kind tone.

Not sure exactly what you mean, even after reading your other explanation.

However, how can you be sure that any opinions in this thread can be an accurate representation of the “majority of society”? Especially when this thread seems to have opinions from differing sides?

Yes, people are definitely more likely to be filterless online than they are in real life.

Having said all that, I apologize if I have contributed in any way to your continued outlook on society. What I take from disagreements, especially on this forum, is that I can disagree with people that I still find to be good people and not dredges of society. I suppose it’s how you want to look at it.

If you want to be truly disillusioned, go to “the other site” and see the negativity. This site, in general, has a very optimistic and kind tone.

People are good if all fits with their worldview and ability, but if you and your family are disabled, they treat you like scum.
You obviously are assuming me and my family are not 'interabled' and therefore have no reason to take it personally

The hypocrisy comes out and makes you feel confused. These posts explain what actually goes on in the minds of non disabled people when they look at you and your family funny and explains the tons of experiences not just me but other families have had including slander, secretly abusive adults in positions of trust, etc.
And I never could figure out WHY- why do they hate innocent children so much - why do they hate people who treated them well and did every favour for them and loved them so much? don't do right by people who did them no wrong etc. These brutally honest reactions show me the type of thoughts most people must have, to explain those actions
I am happy to be a 'loner' when the reactions to those who don't fit their mould is bullying, lies, slander, mistreatment, passive aggression etc. It's not a one-off, I've moved 15 times in my life to many countries ALL OVER THE WORLD and seen this.

I am not gonna go into comparing sites and whatnot - I appreciate the actual honesty on these forums than the foolish hypocritical holier than thou ones on other forums.
But the way you took it is how I took this. Peace out

She addresses that she did have some stress and neglect herself while caring for Cole. Cole said he sees that, since moving in this new house, that she has a lot of stress/responsibility on her shoulders. So he’s trying to be more independent. He says that he often wouldn’t try to do things for himself because people have told him that he was unable to do certain things and he believed and internalized that.

Surprised to see a thread on them on here LOL...I watch their YT occasionally but had to stop watching bc her taking care of him was stressing me out just watching THEN when they started talking about having kids geesh! I do wonder if they would even be in a relationship if he wasn't disabled? He's also said some racial things that he considered jokes that I felt he should've just kept inside. Hope it works out for them!

Did anyone know that Charisma and Cole aren’t legally married because they want to keep Cole’s Medicaid benefits? Charisma did an interview for this podcast. If you listen to 32:00 you can hear Charisma talk about it.

Did anyone know that Charisma and Cole aren’t legally married because they want to keep Cole’s Medicaid benefits? Charisma did an interview for this podcast. If you listen to 32:00 you can hear Charisma talk about it.

Nope, I did not know they weren't legally married and it sounds like that was on purpose. I would never encourage any young woman with options to get into this situation.

Nope, I did not know they weren't legally married and it sounds like that was on purpose. I would never encourage any young woman with options to get into this situation.
I just hope she has protected herself in some way if things go South. They are not legally married but sources of income are tied up together and I don’t know who owns that new house they bought. Coles mama seems like someone who will become viscous if they separated Or if Cole died.

I just hope she has protected herself in some way if things go South. They are not legally married but sources of income are tied up together and I don’t know who owns that new house they bought. Coles mama seems like someone who will become viscous if they separated Or if Cole died.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t get married. Squirmy and Grubs-a white interabled couple-was able to get legally married. However I will say the later couple is older and have multiple sources of income. This couple complains about the obstacles involved with having a disability and insurance but they also buy their own insurance.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t get married. Squirmy and Grubs-a white interabled couple-was able to get legally married. However I will say the later couple is older and have multiple sources of income. This couple complains about the obstacles involved with having a disability and insurance but they also buy their own insurance.
I find it interesting to compare squirmy and Grubbs to this couple. Last I saw, Hannah is still in school and finishing up. She and charisma look to be about the same age. I think Shane is older but has money from book sales or something. He probably already earned too much to be on Medicaid unlike Cole (does Cole have a job? He kept saying he wanted to work in neuroscience)

Shane can definitely do a lot less than Cole physically but he’s left alone everyday according to one of their videos . He also pushed his insurance for a robotic arm that helps him to do more for himself.

I don’t know. Shane can do less physically but he seems to have more drive and not engage in as much childish, risky behavior as Cole. These traits just usually translate to being a better earner.

maybe it’s because Shane has always been disabled and Cole became disabled as a teen.

I find it interesting to compare squirmy and Grubbs to this couple. Last I saw, Hannah is still in school and finishing up. She and charisma look to be about the same age. I think Shane is older but has money from book sales or something. He probably already earned too much to be on Medicaid unlike Cole (does Cole have a job? He kept saying he wanted to work in neuroscience)

Shane can definitely do a lot less than Cole physically but he’s left alone everyday according to one of their videos . He also pushed his insurance for a robotic arm that helps him to do more for himself.

I don’t know. Shane can do less physically but he seems to have more drive and not engage in as much childish, risky behavior as Cole. These traits just usually translate to being a better earner.

maybe it’s because Shane has always been disabled and Cole became disabled as a teen.
With their sub count I think Cole is bringing in a lot more than 2K a month. They are probably putting it on Carisma’s income and under paying Cole to keep insurance.

Shane is definitely a go getter. Cole admitted that he had to be pushed to do more for himself. He is the baby in his family and I think he was used to be taken care of even before his accident.

:nono:

Why even pretend otherwise? She knows it’s some BS :nono:

:nono:

Why even pretend otherwise? She knows it’s some BS :nono:
I'm going to preface what I'm going to say with I don't care about what white women do that is of no benefit because there is a structure in place to catch them when they fall.
~~~~~~~~~
Too many Black women embrace the whole marriage is just a piece of paper mindset to their detriment. "We" do this pooh with black men and take the same nonsense over to IR pairings with men whose primary benefit is that they are more prone to offer the legal protection that comes with marriage. I have seen the aftermath of two many funerals where women playing wifey were "told" they would be taken care of found out the law doesn't care about conversations, it cares about contracts. The order of preference is given to family by contract (marriage) then family by blood. If you are neither then you are :moon: out.

Yes, the podcast covered why the medical expenses and loss of Medicare could be a solid reason not to marry. Great, I get it. What I don't get is pretending when there's no benefit to doing so besides ego. Calling this man your husband and if something happens to him you will not be treated legally in any place that matters as his wife is counterproductive. Instead of lowering the bar for a man (like "we" do) and keeping Cole comfy with her "wifey" status, she should be using his inability to afford a wife as an incentive for him to hustle up enough money to be independent of Medicare. If the concession is that all income is in her name only then that's a nice benefit and some portion of security but it's not security.

Back