InStyler results *pictures* :)

lust for life

namaste.
My aunt sent an InStyler rotating iron this weekend. & I decided to test it out today. && I L O V E the results. I'm going onto my ninth month of transitioning and this is my first time being able to completely straighten my new growth. :grin:

The bristles on the brush are actually very soft. They don't snatch the hair out moreso glides over the strand. I know some people complained about not being to straighten both sides with one hand, but I had no problem with that at all. :drunk:

I airdried, blowdried then used the InStyler on the highest setting of 385 degrees.

Enough typing, time for PICTURES! lol

first section done
yessirf.jpg

1001991l.jpg

one side done
instyler.jpg

hair completely straightened

1002001wr.jpg

ahhha.jpg

roots.jpg

Some old texture shots

newgrowth.jpg

curlllll.jpg

ngwet.jpg

whoason.jpg

Wow! You definitely had great results with the instyler! Glad to know the brushes are soft. Looks like it would tear my thin ends up! Your hair came out very nice. Did it take you long, and did you have to do it in really tiny sections? Just curious, thanks!

I sectioned my hair into 4 sections and just sectioned those sections like I would if I was using a regular ceramic flatiron. Not tiny sections but not large either, maybe half an inch or so, hth

It came out nice! I have the instyler too but I think it doesn't get hot enough for my natural 4b hair. It reverted really quickly. The brushes didn't snag though, I agree. Although I wish it could be less noisy!

It came out nice! I have the instyler too but I think it doesn't get hot enough for my natural 4b hair. It reverted really quickly. The brushes didn't snag though, I agree. Although I wish it could be less noisy!

Yes, it is quite noisy! I had to turn on some music to try and block the noise out

Your hair came out great but the ends don't look that straight.
I tried it on one section of my hair but I was scared. It made a lot of noise and I was afraid I would burn the motor out.

Idk, I think because my ends are dry they look less straight. I used GVP Chi Iron Guard when straightening.
After I took these pics I applied Garnier Fructis anti-frizz serum and wrapped my hair.

Back