Do NOT buy the Instyler...Review inside...

The PJ in me really wanted to buy this because the infomercial looked so convincing! Last year I bought a $130 flat iron (Kiyoseki :crying3:) because I was fooled by what I saw on tv.:nono: Ever since then I've tried to practice restraint and RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH before I waste my money. I'm glad you posted this thread because I was trying to convince myself that the instyler was the best thing since government cheese. :wallbash: My mama always said, "if it's too good to be true, THEN IT PROBABLY IS!" (I can be real hard headed at times).

Thanks for the heads up ladies!

I have one and I hate it! Definitely not worth the money IMO. You'd be better off with a flat iron for sure. I've only used it twice and I'm going to throw that sucker away soon...lol.

my sister bought one, and I"ve used it. Guys...the brush isn't that serious :lachen:you guys are acting like it has rotating metal spikes. The "brush" if thats what you want to call it, are soft bristles, and they don't catch on your hair. As a matter of fact, I used it after blowing with the tension method on my natural 4b hair no less, and it did not snag or tear our my hair. (it wasn't even detangled that well to boot). The brushes do not rotate, the barrel of the flat iron does. And to be honest, if you have any tangles, the brush will just go right over it, since it doesn't clamp your hair that tightly.

ITA..I'm transitioning from texlaxed to natural (5 months in) and use it once a week.Hair type 4 a/b fine. No problems so far.:grin: I use it on Med. setting.Heat protectant of course. If anything since swtiching my reggie to washing,DC ing, and Instyling once a week and rollersetting the rest I've had my first success with retaining my length. I guess it's different for each head.No matter what do what works for you and if it ain't broke.....
Happy growing!

I absolutely love the Instyler...I have 4a relaxed hair...when Im done using it, it looks like I just left the salon...*shrugs*...different strokes for different folks...

Funny, I watched this review on youtube right before I bought mine. But it didn't turn out that way for me. The only difference is that the girl in the video put the rotating thing on TOP instead of the bottom... hmmm... I wonder if that would make a difference for me...???

MAYBE... since I've spent the money on it and I own the thing now, MAYBE I'll try it again just ONE MORE TIME and do it this way... at least I'll be prepared with a camera next time to take pics of the hair that I lose...

I'll let you guys know...

The girl in the video is ME! :grin: I only put the rotating part of top because I'm scared of buring my face.

Nope... got it off eBay. And it even says the seller will NOT take returns. I think she was selling the extra one that came with her order...

I do have a cousin that hates on me whenever possible. I should get a fresh perm and flat iron my hair and tell her I did it with the instyler, and then sell her mine for half price.

That's so funny, When I logged on, to ebay it showed up at the "most popular" item LOL. Then I saw that dry commercial on tv this morning and though yea....that looks like A LOT of heat.

Thanks so much girl I sit and watch the infomercial all the time debating whether or not to order it. You saved me time and shipping and handling cost. Not to mention 200 strands of hair.

I SWEAR to you I lost at LEAST 200 strands yesterday. And the killer... MY HAIR TODAY LOOKS LIKE I'VE NOT DONE MY HAIR IN WEEKS. I am only about 10 or 11 weeks post ... I've stretched with no problem for months at a time, because I KNOW how to tame my NG... the bottom line...

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I was always skeptical of those rotating brushes. I rarely trust products on infomercials. For whatever reason I feel that the quality is inferior.

:spinning: I bought one too after my husband and i saw the ad on tv late one night. i was so excited when it came, :grin:it did not do anything for me. it had a little shine to my hair but to get it straight.:nono: when i call to return it the cust. rep. he was trying to sell me a spray oil to use with it to help make my hair straighter and when i refused, he had the nerve to ask ( Are u going to just throw $14.99 away?) I told him no I don't and I did not because it's only been 7days and I get a full refund. He tried to do all kind of fast talking about how and why I would not get my money after he had given me my return item/shipping number. I reminded him, I just had to say Unauthorize Charge!:grin:

yea i have the instyler and it sucks it makes ur hair dry amd ots jard tp recover from it and its so hard to use even with a mirror u have to have someone else do it my goldnhot works better than that thing I'm glad someone finally gave a true account on it save up for a chi or sedu if you're in the market for an iron don't waste ur money

Back