InStyler Experience-Relaxed hair!

bigbrowneyez

I just had THE best straightening experience. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I could never straighten my hair with a flat iron lol. I can curl with it like nobody's business, but for the life of me I couldn't get it straight with bumped ends. Welllll, I got the InStyler and OMG it was wonderful! I'm 10weeks post relaxer (going for a 6month stretch-end of June) and when it comes to blowdrying and flat ironing, the products you use help A LOT. I've blowdryed before at 10 weeks and it was such a hassle. But I think i've found my staple products. This isn't a length check because i'm reserving that until June, but I had to post these pics.
What I did: divided my hair into 4 ponytails. Shampooed with Atria Naturals Pure Protein Shampoo. Conditioned with Bed Head Self Absorbed Multi-Nutrient conditioner. (Earlier in the week I deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics GBP and Honeysuckle Rose conditioner). I then applied Chi Silk Infusion and blowdried section by section. Then of course, I used the InStyler :yep:

Attachments

• hair 211 014.jpg
    hair 211 014.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 254
  • hair 211 016.jpg
    hair 211 016.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 254
  • hair 211 024.jpg
    hair 211 024.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 218
  • hair 211 018.jpg
    hair 211 018.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 221
You're hair looks great!! I've always given the In Styler a serious side eye. Especially after seeing the info mercial where I felt like they portrayed AA hair as unruly and undesirable:fistshake:... Plus I know some ppl IRL who purchased one and didn't have anything good to say. They weren't on a HHJ though:perplexed. I might have to give this product another shot:scratchch.

Last edited:
Your hair looks fantastic. I've been debating getting an InStyler. Your results have convinced me. Keep up the great work.

Hmmm...that brush on the InStyler gives me pause and I hate the commercial with that pompous stylist and Jordan but I may have to look more into this thing.

Your hair looks beautiful! :)

Your hair is lovely! My transitioning coworker just used the InStyler over the weekend and got great results! I do not want to spend my money... :)

Yeah, this iron is really great! It does not make your hair have the famous burnt smell of a flat iron. This makes me look so forward to growing out my fro. I'm using your hair pic as inspiration.:yep:

Your hair is so nice and thick! I have an Instyler too but I can't get my hair straight at all with it. I was so frustrated with it that I used it to fix my sisters dolls hair, and of course it worked, but for me nothing.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your compliments! Yeah, I debated on the InStyler as well and I ended up getting it as a gift. But I think its worth it if you're not getting the looks you want with a flat iron. If also gives you a fuller, thicker look. Flat irons (at least for me) tend to give that smooth silky look, but with less volume. DDTexlaxed I'm sorry you've had a setback, but girl you'll bounce right back and before you know it your fro will be full, thick, and absolutely beautiful! @blessedandlucky my regimen is pretty simple. I shampoo and condition once a week. Sometimes I cowash during the week if my hair is feeling dry. I mostly airdry in a bun or braided bun. I usually don't blowdry and straighten unless its a length check or a couple weeks after a fresh relaxer. Or i'll do it when I get sick of my buns lol. I mentioned the products I use in the initial post. I also use Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Leave-In when I airdry. Hope that helps!

I bought an Instyler from Marshall's, but I haven't used it yet. I was hoping to give my flat ironed hair some swing - which i miss since i know longer frequent a salon (i was so hooked on the marcel irons, luuuuv 'em)...i really hope i can recreate those styles.

Great pics!

nice!!! @ OP

i bought one which actually came with another when it first came out...it does a great job at straightening but doesnt get close enough to my scalp to straighten my new growth..so i only use it on weave hair to create beautiful bouncy curlys

and it straightened the hell outta my bobraz hair

i am not a fan of the bristles on the one i have...but im sure theyve tweeked a couple things with their newer versions...

Back